Gianluca Scamacca - ST - Genoa/Sassuolo (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we keep spending 25mils on nobodies, we will never raise cash to buys the starters we need and will again keep making those compromise with loan deals...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What I said earlier - I fail to see why we should buy him now - he's got qualities but he needs to build his career in a lower level team first.

January is first and foremost to strengthen the team, Scamacca can't do that. Buying kids is ok but 25m for this guy is a joke.

I can live with Rovella-like signings for cheap or buying top quality kids like Kulu.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Hard to judge a 9 when he isn’t getting any service. I thought his work rate was pretty good, but no real judgements beyond that from this game.
Shanked an easy pass straight out of play which didn't look great. But I agree it is hard to properly judge him on 1 game and he looked to be trying too hard. Mentally he maybe isn't quite ready to step up.

But I would say he has done very little in his career to justify us paying 20-25m. There have been loads of players good at youth level who haven't made it.

We have Kulu as a backup striker and given our budget constraints it seems way too much of a gamble that we don't need to take.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Didn't leave any kind of impression yesterday but I can see why we would want a player like him. I mean, Morata and Kulu having to play 120 minutes yesterday clearly demonstrates our need for a hustling backup 9 (in addition to a top midfielder and a quality alternative to Sandro).

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Shanked an easy pass straight out of play which didn't look great. But I agree it is hard to properly judge him on 1 game and he looked to be trying too hard. Mentally he maybe isn't quite ready to step up.

But I would say he has done very little in his career to justify us paying 20-25m. There have been loads of players good at youth level who haven't made it.

We have Kulu as a backup striker and given our budget constraints it seems way too much of a gamble that we don't need to take.
Kulu isn't a striker back up. Not in the sense that Pirlo wants.

We only have Morata as a CF. Kulu, Dybala, and even Ronaldo are totally different.

Kulu shines as the playmaker, he won't be occupying the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)