Get your classic Microsoft spin here (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
MS did a campaign a bunch of years ago that was antiLinux and was called "get the facts". It was of course pure spin. Now they're back with another round.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/get-the-facts/browser-comparison.aspx

I remind the reading public that the word "fact" means "an objective truth". Among these "facts" they have included "ease of use", which is not even a measurable quality.

Needless to say, MS has given itself full score with zingers like Sure, Firefox may win in sheer number of add-ons, but many of the customizations you'd want to download for Firefox are already a part of Internet Explorer 8 – right out of the box. Yeah, so I guess that means all the customizations not already part of IE8 you just don't need. And if you thought you did you're mistaken.

I mean what idiot would fall for this?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What is this third browser? There is ME, firefox and whats that third?

Edit: Nevermind, just read it and it's Chrome (first time I hear about them)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #5
    What's that, vlatko? Are you mad that your browser isn't being subjected to false information from MS?

A.D.Piero

Aug 6, 2007
    I love it when you hate Microsoft. I love Microsoft though. Best company ever.
    I think the only reason that can make anyone to love Microsoft (specifically windows,although X360 isn't anything to be proud of too!) is that he or she hasn't used Linux or Mac before!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    They have the audacity to come out and say they are better than everyone, I don't expect them or any other company for that matter to come out and say " well we are good" but this is where the others do better.

They don't create the best product, its just the most convenient i guess ( coming from someone who is using MS products :D)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #11
    They have the audacity to come out and say they are better than everyone, I don't expect them or any other company for that matter to come out and say " well we are good" but this is where the others do better.

They don't create the best product, its just the most convenient i guess ( coming from someone who is using MS products :D)
    I would restate that slightly.

If I paid to have your fridge loaded with a Pepsi bottle that connects to a faucet in the wall so that you have unlimited amounts of Pepsi right in your fridge to drink whenever you want, that would be "convenient". Especially because you would not even have to pay for this (obviously I would deduct a charge on your rent for this but naturally I would not tell you).

So what I'm doing is providing "convenience" which is actually a sneaky way of making you pay for something without agreeing to it first. Now imagine every refridgerator in the store has one of those built-in Pepsi bottles and there's no way you can even buy one without it. Convenient, no?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    This info is available in public. If it is wrong, other companies like google and Firefox will be more than happy to sue!

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #17
    To a certain level, yes I do. Otherwise, why risk it and bragg about IE in public when its false. Make sense?
    Because they risk nothing by doing it. Some other company can claim they are lying, but these things are hard to prove objectively and noone is going to sue them over false advertising.

Btw I understand where you're coming from, as incredible as your opinions are about Microsoft.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Because they risk nothing by doing it. Some other company can claim they are lying, but these things are hard to prove objectively and noone is going to sue them over false advertising.

Btw I understand where you're coming from, as incredible as your opinions are about Microsoft.
    HAHAHAHA

Great minds think alike :beer:

I arrive to Holland on the 10th of July, will you be there by then?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    No, I did not pick a bad time. You see, I am really picky about calling things good and bad. It's a great time actually because my birthday is on the 11th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)