Get your classic Microsoft spin here (1 Viewer)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Thing is, they ARE relying(at least a little) on such comparisions. Or else, they wouldn't make such pages. They know that they are losing the browser market share slowly, and this is their attempt at projecting themselves as the best. If IE truly is the best, then they wouldn't have to do that.
Only stupid brain-less people would follow such a campaign in my opinion. I believe everything is a matter of choice. You're not forced to use this product or another by just showing this comparison. Even if MS knows that they're losing market share for browser - which they will after removing IE from Next OS, it's just a showcase to show the value of IE. Now, it is up to you to decide.

I would prefer if MS would focus on a certain area and capitalize on it, rather than trying to reach out to every single technology out there.

But still.. Forza Microsoft.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
Only stupid brain-less people would create such a campaign in my opinion.

They're not forcing people to use IE with that comparison, yes. But they ARE trying to influence people to use it, or maybe brainwash the current users that what they're using is the best.

Also, I'm using Windows 7 RC right now, and it has IE8 on it. Are you sure it'll be removed in Windows 8, and not 7?

Apr 15, 2006
Yes, it is removed from the Eu version and not the US one.

Windows 7 is good. I'm sure the taskbar will not be liked be some people, mostly those who are used to the classic taskbar. But i have no problems with it. Glad to see UAC not pissing me off as much as Vista. Would've liked it if WLM came pre-installed, and didnt require me to install it manually.

but my biggest complaint is the removal of the File-Edit-View menu. Support Techs like me are going to have a bad time guiding customers to use the new buttons instead. But this was a problem since Vista, and i understand MS couldnt go back to making that menu the default after introducing it in Vista.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
in vista you can easily disable UAC though, from control panel.

I didn't try Win 7 yet as some of my business tools are incompatible with it still.

Apr 15, 2006
Yeah i always turned UAC off. I'm just saying that while it is on, UAC on Windows 7 > UAC on Vista :D

Aah. i see. Only a handful computers in my org. were migrated to Vista due to incompatibility problems.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There's a fine line between Seven and Fred sometimes.
But coming from you, isn't that supposed to be a compliment?:D I mean you do like Seven.

I was kidding btw, just wanted to see if i could piss you off(never seen you pissed off before). Apparently it's a harder task than i anticipated :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #48
    But coming from you, isn't that supposed to be a compliment?:D I mean you do like Seven.

I was kidding btw, just wanted to see if i could piss you off(never seen you pissed off before). Apparently it's a harder task than i anticipated :p
    Maybe you should have done it before Seven did, cause it was too obvious what you were doing. Seven was definitely screwing with me, and it was during that list stunt of his, which made me think it had something to do with that.

It's probably true to say that I like Seven because he doesn't set out to attack me. If he did I doubt I would.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Maybe you should have done it before Seven did, cause it was too obvious what you were doing. Seven was definitely screwing with me, and it was during that list stunt of his, which made me think it had something to do with that.

It's probably true to say that I like Seven because he doesn't set out to attack me. If he did I doubt I would.
    Oh now this is interesting.:p

So you're saying that Seven is actually not a likable person, but because he still hasn't attacked you, you still like him?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #50
    Oh now this is interesting.:p

So you're saying that Seven is actually not a likable person, but because he still hasn't attacked you, you still like him?
    He's pretty much the furthest thing from likable. But I agree with a lot of what he says (though not in the way he says it).

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #52
    What he says was never the problem. The way he says it has always been the problem.
    But he's decided that's who he is. He's not acting out like some people do, he's just being who he is. I could try to talk him into being nice but I'm sure it would be quite futile, especially since I'm not a moderator anymore, so I have no leverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)