[GER] Bundesliga 2013/2014 (124 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don't disagree. In fact I've never seen a more deserving winner of CL. Simply undisputed, that never happens. There is always some luck and or ref's fuck-up involved usually.

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
Thought i should make this post to give ppl here an insight on how Bayern will most likely look like, cause im tired of hearing nonsense like Martinez playing CB when he is a proven DM...

Thiago's answers trully calmed many people down. Not that there was any reason to panic like some fans did.

He knows he has to earn his spot and Bayern is aware of his quality.

Truth is: Bayern doesn't really play with a defensive midfielder. They didn't under Van Gaal, they didn't under Heynckes.

That's why Luiz Gustavo and Tymoshchuk never really fit in on Bayern's formation. Even though both of them made good matches with Bayern, their place was always in doubt.

Let's review:

* Tymoshchuk was bought without Louis van Gaal agreeing on it, just like Gomez. So that wasn't a good start. Often played out of position, Bayern even played better under van Gaal with experiments such as: Altintop-Bastian, Pranjic-Bastian and other combinations on the central midfield role when van Bommel wasn't able to play.

* Luiz Gustavo then arrived giving Tymoshchuk even LESS minutes. And Gustavo was always criticized because he was too defensive and didn't had the passing skils of van Bommel.

* Javi Martinez came because he is like van Bommel. Only with a better temper than the Dutch. No wonder he made a fantastic partnership with Schweinsteiger, similar to that of him with van Bommel on Bayern's first year.

* Thiago is a player similar to that of Kroos, Javi and Bastian. He can defend and pass the ball well, plus he is great on one v one situations.

* While Luiz Gustavo is good, Bayern doesn't really play with a full-time defensive midfielder. You all might say: "Barcelona plays with Busquets" - Well, Busquets isn't really a 100% defensive midfielder. He has great vision on the pitch, excelent passing skills and furthermore: he combines well with Xavi and Iniesta.

Overall, I think Gustavo will end up leaving the club. If not this season, the next. That is why I don't see Javi as a fulltime CB under Pep, aside from the fact that we do have 4 CB in Boateng, Kirchhoff, van Buyten and Dante. 5 when Badstuber comes back...

My guess is:

Bastian-Javi will start. Probably Kroos as well, on the 4-3-3 formation. Thiago will get minutes rotating with Kroos most likely.

Javi

Bastian-Kroos

Javi

Bastian-Thiago

Even in a 4-1-4-1 formation, it will always end up in a 4-3-3 formation while defending. It will only be a 4-1-4-1 when Bayern attacks:

Defending (4-3-3)

Neuer

Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba

Javi

Bastian-Kroos/Thiago

Robben-Müller-Ribéry

Attacking (4-1-4-1)

Neuer

Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba

Javi

Robben-Bastian-Kroos-Ribéry

Müller

And of course, while attacking Bayern usually adds Alaba and Lahm, so the formation will actually look like a 3-6-1:

Neuer

Boateng, Javi, Dante

Lahm, Robben----Bastian, Kroos----Ribéry, Alaba

Müller

Probable rotation plan

(Players are listed in the order of preference that I think Pep will have)

Players that won't be rotated: Neuer, Lahm

* Central defense: Dante and van Buyten - Boateng and Kirchhoff

* Left-back (and I have my doubts on this one): Alaba and Contento

* Central midfield: Bastian, Kroos, Javi, Thiago, Gustavo (for 2 positions)

* Offensive midfield: Götze, Müller, Shaqiri

* Left-midfield: Ribéry probably with Shaqiri at some point.

* Right-midfield: Robben, Müller, Shaqiri

* Striker: Mandzukic, Pizarro, Müller

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
I don't disagree. In fact I've never seen a more deserving winner of CL. Simply undisputed, that never happens. There is always some luck and or ref's $#@!-up involved usually.
I think that the biggest problem is to keep that team spirit intact with all the turbulences and fights for starting spots there might be. I think if Guardiola can keep them happy and if he knows the golden rule (never sub Müller in the important matches - and let him start!) he cannot go wrong. I think it is somehow telling that Heynckes only subbed Müller twice for 12 minutes in away matches in League and CL until March when everything in the Bundesliga was pretty done - and that the only time he substited him in the final stages of the CL or when it was tight in the German Cup final was after the 4:0 against Barcelona when he got a knock and was totally spent from running havoc before.

The problem with this talented bunch especially in midfield is that you might try to base your play only on the artists. But mentality, fighting, unpredictablity and maybe sometimes to know some of the little dirty tricks ain't so bad if you want to win.

I remember what Müller said after a match against Inter that they lost. "Abgewichster sind die sicherlich. Die haben Leute da drin, die mehr Haare auf dem Rücken haben als auf dem Kopf." - you can somehow translate it that they just were a lot more cheeky. They had people in the team that have more hair on the back than on their heads...

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
:delpiero:

"I barely managed a team which was that perfect and so focused to succeed," he told ZDF Sportstudio. "Of course I'm not amused [by the loss], these are still my guys.

"The team isn't that far from showing a top performance. Pep looks very good, is well-dressed and has a perfect team".

"What could possibly go wrong?"

:lol: Heynckes be trollin

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
:delpiero: Heynckes

"I barely managed a team which was that perfect and so focused to succeed," he told ZDF Sportstudio. "Of course I'm not amused [by the loss], these are still my guys.

"The team isn't that far from showing a top performance. Pep looks very good, is well-dressed and has a perfect team.

"What could possibly go wrong?"

:lol:
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Who is being slapped?
it's thiago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)