[GER] Bundesliga 2013/2014 (17 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I said that I've seen (and can really judge) so that probably means from the '98 World Cup onwards.

Among current players, I think I'd take Vidal or Schweinsteiger to cover a variety roles ahead of Toure.

- - - Updated - - -

Great all-round player of all time could be Cruyff, but there might be someone out there I'm forgetting.
Cruyff didn't really have the muscle to be a lot of use in defensive roles, I don't think.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I said that I've seen (and can really judge) so that probably means from the '98 World Cup onwards.

Among current players, I think I'd take Vidal or Schweinsteiger to cover a variety roles ahead of Toure.

- - - Updated - - -

Cruyff didn't really have the muscle to be a lot of use in defensive roles, I don't think.
Vidal and Schwensteiger could definitely also be options. The reason why I picked Yaya is because he has actually played both centre back and trequartista quite a lot while the other two are more "theory".

I'm really not sure about Cruyff 'cause I really haven't seen him play enough (for good reasons), but what he might lack in defensive roles compared to some other the other all-round players, he compensate for in attack (and on the wing). Also, I'm pretty sure he has been used as defender before.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ballack, like Toure, has played in pretty much every role up through the centre of a team at different times, I believe.

Toure ain't as clever as Ballack and he doesn't have a left foot, though.

- - - Updated - - -

David Luiz is another that I'd view as a hell of an allround footballer.

Wouldn't trust him at all as a centre-half, but he could be useful in a whole lot of roles.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Ballack, like Toure, has played in pretty much every role up through the centre of a team at different times, I believe.

Toure ain't as clever as Ballack and he doesn't have a left foot, though.
Yaya actually has quite a good left foot in my opinion. There are quite a few left footed goals here for example:

Pure sex:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Andy Brassell @andybrassell

Confirmation from @FCBayern that Franck Ribéry has signed extension to 2017 & Daniel van Buyten inked a deal to 2014.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
what did you think of Rudnev's first season at Hamburg?
it was a quite nice first season, he scored 12times and I'm sure he will improve next season.

look at this goal he scored
- - - Updated - - -

Guys i dont watch Bundesliga. Just have one question. Is it any good to watch?
sure the games of bayern, dortmund and schalke are nice to watch, also quality fans and stadiums

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Guys i dont watch Bundesliga. Just have one question. Is it any good to watch?
Depends what your are into.

It's more EPL than Serie A in terms of style of play.

Fast, open games; teams taking risks in order to win; shit defending.

This last season was pretty bad because the big clubs who should have the spending power to be decent sides (Stuttgart, Hamburg, Bremen, etc.) were shite and that meant there was very little to fill the gap between the really strong teams at the top and the mediocre rest of the league.

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern Munich have sold out 16 of their of 17 Bundesliga home games for next season as demand remains high following their treble-winning exploits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/06/bayern-sell-out-home-games

Bayern fans must be cursing their tiny stadium...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
it was a quite nice first season, he scored 12times and I'm sure he will improve next season.
Yeah, I've been following Bundesliga a bit more because of him, there're not so many Latvian guys in the top footie leagues, so it's easy to keep track. It's just that most Bundesliga discussions on net happen in German, which I'm not very good at, and I'd love to know what German football followers think of him.
I'd say he's very limited technically and not much of footballer, but has good movement and instincts, like a poor mans Inzaghi. In a few years he might become something though, the guy definitely has talent, destroyed a weak Juve defense in EL a couple years back.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Jürgen klopp on BBC Interview asking about his vision and philosophy of modern football. He also talks about the new season with dortmund, his battle against Bayern and Guardiola.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)