General TV (81 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only seen 1 and half episodes. The characters felt like cardboard cut outs. No personality. But as someone said, that's partly Tolkiens type of storytelling and writing too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haha random but well cited. He should made cameo lol.

I was watching bullet train recently, and there was a snake on the train killing people. We all wished Sam L Jackson would made sudden cameo then (many celeb cameos in the movie) and said "I'm motherfuckin tired of these motherfuckin snakes!"

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Not happy with the actor changes in house of Dragon. The younger actresses were just growing on me and seem to be much better... Just seems unnecessary despite being 10 years later.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Not happy with the actor changes in house of Dragon. The younger actresses were just growing on me and seem to be much better... Just seems unnecessary despite being 10 years later.
felt the same attachment, especially for Raenyra, but the new ones are great too acting wise.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Older Alicent seems on point, but not sure on the older Rhaenyra yet. She acted very well her first episode, but appearance wise doesnt seem most natural fit. Older alicent looks fairly close to the young actress tho.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Older Alicent seems on point, but not sure on the older Rhaenyra yet. She acted very well her first episode, but appearance wise doesnt seem most natural fit. Older alicent looks fairly close to the young actress tho.
Curiously, the older actresses were cast first.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I know. They were heavily in trailers, and because I saw images of them in imdb when searching name of young Rhaenyra actress. Was super confused when I saw them only showing the older one lol.

Makes sense to cast them first, they are here for the long haul, not just 5 episodes.

Will be interesting to see if old Rhaenyra can capture the firy spirit of the young version. In her only episode so far mainly a vulnerable and cornered mother that just gave birth. Go off to dragon stone and scheming like female Daemon again.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
House of the dragon is great but I find it strange for myself that I still haven't found a single character that I can say I like. In the GOT you straight away root for House Stark and that's it, here it's way more complicated. Not saying that's a bad thing though.

Maybe only King Viserys has been likeable for me so far. What about you guys?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know what you mean. I liked Rhaenyra the most until her night with Daemon and later Ser Cvckton (this dweeb taking out his bitter insecurities on kids now). Until then she was easy to root for. But came off as spoilt princess since then a bit. And now she is older even if her husband is gay, why openly cheat and father your kids with the Lord of the city watch, wtf lol..

Young Alicent was fully good character that was easy to sympathise for. She feels betrayed and bitter now (her father taught her real politiks and to be more realist ), I hope they aren't trying to make her to a Cersei. Most likely not, Cersei was evil from her first scene lol.

Maybe the kids will grow into those more easy to root for characters (Rhaenyras oldest, Jaecarys, will most likely be the Robb or Jon of the show). GOT world tends be more grey so I'm fine with it. Even if we rooted for Starks as the underdogs, not all their actions were likeable.

We are supposed to root for Targeryans this time around. Tho hard to make them underdog when they have friggin dragons (holy shit that scene with Laena....why did she do that? Was she bleeding out?). Upcoming civil war its gonna be the greens (alicent faction) vs Targeryans (minus her kid Aegon). We are supposed to understand both sides, but most likely most will root for the Targ side. Unless some more heinous shit happens.

Aegons younger brother, Aemond, might turn out to be interesting with extra motivation with a tough childhood. They already established Aegon seems like a useless Joffrey type. So Aemond who might have the bullied childhood of future villains in first episode, might be extra motivated to stand out.

Apr 9, 2015
I still like Rings of Power because of the beautiful scenes. I can watch all days long clips of Numenor, Khazad-Dum, Lindon and they small Harfoots village. Oh and the Orcs looks beautiful.
Still to woke in my opinion.

I am also very hyped for Avatar 2, I wait so many years. The first film is for me one of the best sci-fi in history.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I will give Ring of power another chance after HOD is over. I watched 1 episode and half was bored, was hard to come into the world. It was beautiful as you say, but the characters and story was dry. Hopefully it becomes more focused.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
House of the dragon is great but I find it strange for myself that I still haven't found a single character that I can say I like. In the GOT you straight away root for House Stark and that's it, here it's way more complicated. Not saying that's a bad thing though.

Maybe only King Viserys has been likeable for me so far. What about you guys?
Who says we have to like the characters tho. Maybe it's more interesting, and more life-like this way -- everyone has good and bad in them.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman you have done very well to remember all of these names I find it hard to keep up as they all sound similar.

I learned Larys name and his father the hand and his bastard child rearing brother Harwin he just brutally murdered, all their names, this past episode.

Before that I called Larys the evil cripple. The good hand as the old man (still dont know his name except its the strong family) who is the only Saint in the show, too good so will die soon. And Harwin I just called city watch guy.

Thats because the main family characters they mention their names often. But the support family characters its too many and they rarely mention their names.

- - - Updated - - -

He's either crazy or he read the books lol

I actually can't stand RR Martins writing. I gave GOT a try for 2 books then gave up like a decade ago. And I read 100s of fantasy books with varying degree of quality, one of my fav genres. But even if the world building was interesting, I couldn't stand RR Martins writing style.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
dahmer, anyone? i watched it last week. my first remark was that it's terrifying how immune i became to sheer cruelty. it wasn't even too tough to watch despite the obvious fact that dahmer was an inhuman sociopath. it's a well made show anyway, with a few unnecessary jumps back and forth in time. i also think that the father's responsibility is a bit exaggerated. this guy didn't have a mother at all, and that's not emphasized enough. it also paints a slightly better image of dahmer compared to the reality: real dahmer did nasty things to the dead bodies, which isn't portrayed at all in the series, iirc he just briefly mentioned it in his testimony. idem for cannibalism, creators thought that just a few hints here and there and a piece of meat in a frying pan will suffice. it also was a bit on the long and slow side for my taste. the casting for the main character was excellent though. i watched some footage of dahmer a few years ago when i went down this youtube true crime rabbit hole lol, and i think that evan peters did a great job, even the walk and the tone of his voice are spot on.

6.5/10 for me, would never rewatch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)