General TV (19 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I checked, its out on swedish TNT in 16th. And HBO nordic in a month. Will be too tempting to download, but will wait for streams/TV.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I checked, its out on swedish TNT in 16th. And HBO nordic in a month. Will be too tempting to download, but will wait for streams/TV.
I was testing download the other day for a new feature I have at home and got the first episode. I was wondering why it is not on my HBO but now that it will be out in a month, I will not resume downloading and wait for the stream. It seems interesting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anyone watching Raised by Wolves?
I think it's great. I watched 3 episodes.

I don't know but I'd describe but, but quite odd, it has a different feeling to it with a dystopian flavour to it. I think it's a different sci-fi but a great one at it. The characters seem interesting while the atmosphere is quite intense despite the slower pace that it has. I also really like the colors and how it blended with the theme. Score sometimes reminds me of Dark along with the creepy silent scenes. It's pretty unique and creative so that's a huge plus from me, since we're almost always seeing the same shit. Cinematography overall is great imo. The neo-noir setup is quite perfect for the show.

So yeah, I think it's great and totally worth seeing. However, I'd say this one is down to a personal taste as I doubt it's a show that everyone would love. My brother thinks it's decent but nothing special and I'll disagree with that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Seen the first two episodes now. As you mentioned atmosphere and style are on point but I'm not quite sure what to think about the story/ characters yet. Whether this is really going somewhere or not.

Its interesting and I plan on watching the third today.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have the book, its fantastic. Wanted to watch mini series when it was new but forgot. Peter Sarsgaard and Jeff Daniels should be amazing in this.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It seems HBO is killing it lately (weren’t they always though)

Watched two episodes of Lovecraft County, really digging it so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's great. I watched 3 episodes.

I don't know but I'd describe but, but quite odd, it has a different feeling to it with a dystopian flavour to it. I think it's a different sci-fi but a great one at it. The characters seem interesting while the atmosphere is quite intense despite the slower pace that it has. I also really like the colors and how it blended with the theme. Score sometimes reminds me of Dark along with the creepy silent scenes. It's pretty unique and creative so that's a huge plus from me, since we're almost always seeing the same shit. Cinematography overall is great imo. The neo-noir setup is quite perfect for the show.

So yeah, I think it's great and totally worth seeing. However, I'd say this one is down to a personal taste as I doubt it's a show that everyone would love. My brother thinks it's decent but nothing special and I'll disagree with that.
I know Prometheus get a lot of hate but Raised By Wolves really captures that vibe and atmosphere but with a more solid story. The Necromancer character is genuinely scary.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It seems HBO is killing it lately (weren’t they always though)

Watched two episodes of Lovecraft County, really digging it so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I know Prometheus get a lot of hate but Raised By Wolves really captures that vibe and atmosphere but with a more solid story. The Necromancer character is genuinely scary.
Lovecraft Country is amazing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)