General TV (104 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Binged on the latest season of Better Call Saul over the weekend. I can't think of any show better at this moment on TV. Kinda sad there's only going to be one season more, but at least that guarantees they are going to go out on top.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Gangs of London

Best pilot I've seen for a long time.
How to watch it if you dont live in UK? Sky and TV now service is region locked. And I see no plans for it to come out on netflix or other international streaming services.

I ask because I been waiting for this series couple of months.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Season 3 is legit

I mean might as well, who knows you might like it

Æthelflæd and Brida were absolute rubbish characters in this season. Almost singlehandedly trashed the season imo. Even more so given that they turned Edward into a bumbling moron to better show off his sister.

I did like the character of Sigtryggr though. Was the main redeeming feature of the season for me, and the reason I’m still intrigued for a 5th season.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Æthelflæd and Brida were absolute rubbish characters in this season. Almost singlehandedly trashed the season imo. Even more so given that they turned Edward into a bumbling moron to better show off his sister.

I did like the character of Sigtryggr though. Was the main redeeming feature of the season for me, and the reason I’m still intrigued for a 5th season.
Yep more pandering to the progressives, and the characters that just pop out of nowhere with no development

And what was the point of the "sickness", and the amateurish leave the gates open with no guard no scouts :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yep more pandering to the progressives, and the characters that just pop out of nowhere with no development

And what was the point of the "sickness", and the amateurish leave the gates open with no guard no scouts :lol:
:agree:

The weird ass part is that they could have shown her capable without the ridiculous overdoing it, as even contemporary/near contemporary history portrays Æthelflæd as a strong and competent ruler after Æthelred died. But here, instead of showing her as this and no more (ie. first Elizabeth film did a decent job iirc of not overstepping the mark too far), they have to also put her on the battlefield leading men, slaying Danes like some warrior, rescuing her brother from his follies, giving up Uhtred, then giving up his daughter, etc. New season and all of a sudden she is this strong, fierce, wise, always measured and rational, compassionate queen lol

Definitely agree on the spoilered bit. Too many pointless and random details added in this season. And nonsensical actions.

or Edward and his army riding all the way from Mercia to Winchester to immediately charge the gates of a fortified city with no plan lol

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah it was good. Fucking brutal but kind of what I expected.

Do you remember the videogame The Getaway? TV version of that (and obviously Snatch, etc).
Yea I remember it well.

Gangs of London is made by the same guy who made The Raid. I knew the fight scenes looked familiar

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Now I downloaded the whole season of Gangs of London, but I'm not gonna watch, because the stupid substitles scene in internet is slow with this series. Now subtitles out yet, and I'm not gonna watch a UK series with its linguistic intricacies without substiltes lol, gonna ruin prolly 20% of the comprehension of it all. 5 days out and no subs for it, weird.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
[QUOTE="Post Ironic, post: 6134291, member: 18090"

I did like the character of Sigtryggr though. Was the main redeeming feature of the season for me, and the reason I’m still intrigued for a 5th season.[/QUOTE]

Just finished season 4, and I have to echo this, fantastic character, too bad he joined so late into the season, could saved it more. But defenitely a peculiar and fascinating viking.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Just finished TLK S4 and the season wasn't bad at all. The Mercia subplot in the middle could have been accelerated so Syggthingy would have been introduced earlier since he makes a much better villian than Cnut. Generally, they could have communicated what happened to Guthred from S2 (a major character) and Guthrum and in Dunholm and in Bebbanburg with the Scots, Aefric's son etc.

Alfred wife actress is only 26 years old :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)