General TV (35 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think I hate Watchmen the most on the forum.

However, when I'm speaking about it I'm telling from a movie perspective. I think Moore is a genius and that comic is one of the best ever made without a doubt. It's no surprise it entered some top 100 literature works as the only comic next to 99 books. Movie was dogshit however.
You need to read Moore’s rather epic novel Jerusalem. It’s great.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't think I've read Moore's Swamp Thing. Will try and see if I can get a digital copy.
:D I think that's a crime. There's a big difference between comics/manga and top tier comics/manga when it comes to reading imo. Drawings, coloring and narrative are art-worthy when it comes to top tier comics and such should be read in a physical copy. Some comics (and most of manga) could be read through digital copy since drawing is commercial as they had tight schedule so they had to deliver (mainly talking about Bonelli comics and also many more of them). Same goes for manga as they don't even focus details so much and it goes in huge series most of the time. However, things like Swamp Thing and many others are close to art, if not art itself, since it has depth, artistic style and plenty of amazing dialogues/monologues. There are plenty of stuff that's horrible to read in a digital form! The loss from it is huge. Actually, there's no wonder they say it's 9th form of art.

I recently bough Swamp Thing on a huge discount and it's basically a special edition. I'll insert some photos but I have a shitty camera. There are also added texts there, sketches, etc. Not to mention how John Totleben is probably my fav colorist.

1sw.jpg

2sw.jpg

3sw.jpg

4sw.jpg

You need to read Moore’s rather epic novel Jerusalem. It’s great.
Will note that down. Moore is surely worthy of everything. Everything he touched turned into gold (almost!)

And since we're mentioning Jerusalem you should definitely read Pekic's New Jerusalem. And not only that but literally everything from him. IMO start with that one and continue with How to Quiet a Vampire: A Sotie. If there's any underrated author it's definitely him.

He also has one trilogy that should be read after. And finally, last but not least, he wrote The Golden Fleece which consists a series of 7 books. It's his best work and he worked on it for 12 years. People who read it usually want to read it several times as it's rewarding. I'm pretty sure it's one of the best works ever written. His style is not brilliant by any means but it's authentic and what he does with words (and sometimes comedy) is flawless. You read 10 pages of his and you get the feeling that he had 200 IQ. Masterful.

Sorry about the off-topic.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:D I think that's a crime. There's a big difference between comics/manga and top tier comics/manga when it comes to reading imo. Drawings, coloring and narrative are art-worthy when it comes to top tier comics and such should be read in a physical copy. Some comics (and most of manga) could be read through digital copy since drawing is commercial as they had tight schedule so they had to deliver (mainly talking about Bonelli comics and also many more of them). Same goes for manga as they don't even focus details so much and it goes in huge series most of the time. However, things like Swamp Thing and many others are close to art, if not art itself, since it has depth, artistic style and plenty of amazing dialogues/monologues. There are plenty of stuff that's horrible to read in a digital form! The loss from it is huge. Actually, there's no wonder they say it's 9th form of art.

I recently bough Swamp Thing on a huge discount and it's basically a special edition. I'll insert some photos but I have a shitty camera. There are also added texts there, sketches, etc. Not to mention how John Totleben is probably my fav colorist.

1sw.jpg

2sw.jpg

3sw.jpg

4sw.jpg

Will note that down. Moore is surely worthy of everything. Everything he touched turned into gold (almost!)

And since we're mentioning Jerusalem you should definitely read Pekic's New Jerusalem. And not only that but literally everything from him. IMO start with that one and continue with How to Quiet a Vampire: A Sotie. If there's any underrated author it's definitely him.

He also has one trilogy that should be read after. And finally, last but not least, he wrote The Golden Fleece which consists a series of 7 books. It's his best work and he worked on it for 12 years. People who read it usually want to read it several times as it's rewarding. I'm pretty sure it's one of the best works ever written. His style is not brilliant by any means but it's authentic and what he does with words (and sometimes comedy) is flawless. You read 10 pages of his and you get the feeling that he had 200 IQ. Masterful.

Sorry about the off-topic.
I generally don't search for physical comic books anymore because I've had hard time finding ones that are not imported after placing an order. I'll search if this one is available.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No I dont. I have 4 streaming services, dont want go make it a 5th. Hopefully one of them has rights to the show or I will download it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It's annoying as heck. I rotate through them. Cancelled netflix a while back until they get some good new shows/seasons on there again.

I haven't seen it show up to download yet, but I'm sure it will soon.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's annoying as heck. I rotate through them. Cancelled netflix a while back until they get some good new shows/seasons on there again.

I haven't seen it show up to download yet, but I'm sure it will soon.
I should do that as well. So much thrash on Netflix these days. But keeping subscription helps me to keep up to date with the new shows. Conflicted

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I do not know why so many people waste money on Netflix and Amazon. HBO GO offers most of the best shows ever produced either by HBO or other company. And HBO will continue to produce the best shows in foreseeable future. Chernobyl is the most recent example.
Netfilx and Amazon produce crap most of the time and for me it is pointless to have them.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Hmm. First time I hear of this but it looks great. Did you watch?
Comrade, there is nothing to see. Unless you interested in story about simple fire with normal concrete on roof which is ABSOLUTELY NOT GRAPHITE because reactor NEVER EXPLODED which is proven by the 3.6 roentgen all around which is not great, but not terrible

edit: fucking comrade Dyatlov logged into my account again

anyways, Legasov here - watch it, the world must know. Best show of year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)