General TV (17 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hopefully I'm wrong but that looked like Genny is out from the show? It's like he's disappearing for good literally. That was the only thing that I didn't like, otherwise great season opening
I understood the same when they were meeting but what he told his wife seemed like he is planning something for the future. I miss Ciro a lot but if Gennaro also disappears it will be really disappointing. Still a great show, I love how everything is so authentic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I understood the same when they were meeting but what he told his wife seemed like he is planning something for the future. I miss Ciro a lot but if Gennaro also disappears it will be really disappointing. Still a great show, I love how everything is so authentic.
Damn. Didn't realize this was back on for Season 4... on the lookout now. :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I love everything Roman/ancient times (historical fiction in general), prolly read 30-40 books about that period. But this fiction and documentary blend I couldn't get into, they should stick to one IMO not mix both. I tried for couple episodes then gave up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I love everything Roman/ancient times (historical fiction in general), prolly read 30-40 books about that period. But this fiction and documentary blend I couldn't get into, they should stick to one IMO not mix both. I tried for couple episodes then gave up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Check out the history of Rome podcast, but that shit is so calm it will seriously put you to sleep lol

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Check out the history of Rome podcast, but that shit is so calm it will seriously put you to sleep lol

I'm not much of a podcast guy, but will try it if you link me, it being calm is ok, I have like 1 hour train ride nearly daily for most of the week. Good time to calmly pass time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not much of a podcast guy, but will try it if you link me, it being calm is ok, I have like 1 hour train ride nearly daily for most of the week. Good time to calmly pass time.
Podcast is amazing, you just have to find something that you are eager to listen to.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
If you’re a history buff, Dan Carlin’s hardcore history podcast is a must listen. Unfortunately only half his podcast library is available for free.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hard to beat Joe Rogans podcast.

One of the best ones I've ever watched was one with Mathew walker about sleep

He's alright. Some stuff is hilarious. It really depends on the guests. If he has a comic, musician, or someone middle of the road then it usually delivers. I've gone a way from listening to his more serious guests as they tend to be a little bit over his head and generally take advantage of his lack of knowledge especially if they're pushing an agenda.v He does a good job of doing simplified interviews, but he's shit at asking good questions and tends to take his guests at face value even when they are controversial and non-experts in the field they're promoting. A good example was his most recent interview with Alex Honold. Joe kept insisting that Honold was an expert in everything he did to prep for Free Solo. Alex was like "no Joe, I'm not an expert at nutrition I have a nutritionist", "no Joe I'm not an expert at camera work, but Jimmy Chin is real good". Or the one when he had Jack from Twitter on. He did like zero prep and even his most ardent followers were like WTF mate.

I'll give this one a listen because I've read the book but it's 50/50 whether I make it through the first 30 minutes.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He's alright. Some stuff is hilarious. It really depends on the guests. If he has a comic, musician, or someone middle of the road then it usually delivers. I've gone a way from listening to his more serious guests as they tend to be a little bit over his head and generally take advantage of his lack of knowledge especially if they're pushing an agenda.v He does a good job of doing simplified interviews, but he's shit at asking good questions and tends to take his guests at face value even when they are controversial and non-experts in the field they're promoting. A good example was his most recent interview with Alex Honold. Joe kept insisting that Honold was an expert in everything he did to prep for Free Solo. Alex was like "no Joe, I'm not an expert at nutrition I have a nutritionist", "no Joe I'm not an expert at camera work, but Jimmy Chin is real good". Or the one when he had Jack from Twitter on. He did like zero prep and even his most ardent followers were like WTF mate.

I'll give this one a listen because I've read the book but it's 50/50 whether I make it through the first 30 minutes.
He’s also extremely suggestible, especially about health and nutrition and keeps parroting talking points his frequent guests use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)