General TV (127 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
i watched the oa.

here is my problem with it

it's good for 7.5 episodes.

then last .5 episode it collapses. it goes from being an epic story about something larger than life, to protecting murica.

not sure if would recommend

also what your thoery? iwant to know, but spoiler tag pls. i got a feeling you are wrong. the show catches you off guard
I've seen a lot of here complaining about that as well. But heres the thing:

I assume your understanding of the ending scenes was that she was lying all along? That's what it looked like, yes? Now, bear with me here. When Alfonso breaks into her house he finds books in an Amazon box, which btw says right there it was shipped to Prairie, and what look like brand new books.

1. FBI guy planted the books. When Alfonso broke into the house it was just too convenient for him to find the books when the guy was actually in there. He found out about Alfonso through his conversations with Prairie. The Amazon box couldn't have been bought before and 1. Books are in English and even after she got her vision back, she had no way of learning how to read without a proper teaching. She couldn't use the Internet, and well, it's Amazon and it had her name on the box. I believe the whole thing about the movements and multi universes are all true, and the ending is intentionally meant to fool everyone. Besides that it's symbolism galore. The two glares at the street, the "opened doors", Alfonso seeing himself in the mirror as Homer, etc... I truly believe there's much more than meets the eye here. And a second season should clarify the many unanswered questions we're left with.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok here goes:

at first i thought it was that she was lying as a way to cope. which would have been an interesting ending cuz i like unreliabale narrator style stories.

but then i though aboout it and i pretty much agree with everything you said.

my problem is oa mentions that she is here to stop a great evil.

why would the original angel care about a school shooter? when there are countless wars and horrible things going on, the original angel cares about protecting a suburban murican school from one school shooting.

and why are the rest of the angels all from murica? except cuba girl, but how did HAP kidnap a cuban straight from cuba? u fooking wot m8?

the story was nicely setting up hap as the angel hunter and then he is gone out of the picture.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Well, she has those premonitions for the times she was about to die. First, the bus....

Maybe just maybe her dying at the school was her plan all along (Although she apparently already knew that was gonna happen), and by that I mean she HAD to die to come back as something else. To get "the will". It's kinda confusing and too open to interpretations at this point.

Well, because she is American. It's not like she could meet people from all over but close to where she resided. Maybe there are others around the world but the show is just focusing on her story and the people surrounding her. We''ll see.

HAP had a private jet, didn't him? I wouldn't think it would be too hard to sneak her in his plane and fly her back to the Us. And then land at some private in the middle of nowhere "airport".... He managed to build a high tech underground lab without anyone noticing, so...

Is he, really? He learned the fifth movement and then dropped her off the road. That's all we know so far. He should still play a big part if there's a second season. Hell, we don't even know what happened to her caged friends.

Some people are disappointed because they expected all the answers straight forward (no surprise there) and they simply aren't there, just theories and a shitload of symbolism. But I'll tell you this, if this it the one and only season it would be a waste of what could be a fantastic memorable story.

- - - Updated - - -

Or

Worst case scenario. The writers meant to leave it open like that. There's no real "truth". Maybe some things about her are real, some are made up and it's just a show that puts an idea out there to make people think and interpret the way they want. Either way, it was very unique IMO and that alone in a world of remakes and washed up ideas, is worth a lot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah CrimsonianKing, the acting is suspect even for non Portuguese speakers (tho I know what you mean, Swedish acting is extra forced for me for same reasons), but the tests and trials they go through is main interesting part despite the acting/unlikeable characters. Plus curious on what the Utopia they taking tests for is like.

But it's no get instantly hooked series, despite having whole season I pretty much watched 4 episodes over 2 weeks, whenever I have nothing else to see.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Well, she has those premonitions for the times she was about to die. First, the bus....

Maybe just maybe her dying at the school was her plan all along (Although she apparently already knew that was gonna happen), and by that I mean she HAD to die to come back as something else. To get "the will". It's kinda confusing and too open to interpretations at this point.

Well, because she is American. It's not like she could meet people from all over but close to where she resided. Maybe there are others around the world but the show is just focusing on her story and the people surrounding her. We''ll see.

HAP had a private jet, didn't him? I wouldn't think it would be too hard to sneak her in his plane and fly her back to the Us. And then land at some private in the middle of nowhere "airport".... He managed to build a high tech underground lab without anyone noticing, so...

Is he, really? He learned the fifth movement and then dropped her off the road. That's all we know so far. He should still play a big part if there's a second season. Hell, we don't even know what happened to her caged friends.

Some people are disappointed because they expected all the answers straight forward (no surprise there) and they simply aren't there, just theories and a shitload of symbolism. But I'll tell you this, if this it the one and only season it would be a waste of what could be a fantastic memorable story.

- - - Updated - - -

Or

Worst case scenario. The writers meant to leave it open like that. There's no real "truth". Maybe some things about her are real, some are made up and it's just a show that puts an idea out there to make people think and interpret the way they want. Either way, it was very unique IMO and that alone in a world of remakes and washed up ideas, is worth a lot.
there better be a second season

Rachel never gave any of the movements. Plus her name was written in braille ok fbi wall in last episode when oa meets fbi guy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Think I will appreciate it too, considering the creators are the main actress Brit Marling and Batmanglij, both done two indie movies that were peculiar and thought provoking on The East and Another Earth. Especially the latter was really good and memorable.

It seems this duo have a set weirdo theme they like to explore in all their work so far lol. Must be odd as a creator and writer of your work to then be the main actress in every project too.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Think I will appreciate it too, considering the creators are the main actress Brit Marling and Batmanglij, both done two indie movies that were peculiar and thought provoking on The East and Another Earth. Especially the latter was really good and memorable.

It seems this duo have a set weirdo theme they like to explore in all their work so far lol. Must be odd as a creator and writer of your work to then be the main actress in every project too.

Now I gotta watch those movies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
icemaη;5432745 said:
Ahhh :p I allways assume only ALC seen it around here.

I suggest watching Atlanta. Its more of a dramedy, but its still funny type of off the wall satire, creative type of show, as Donald Glover the lead and creator says, its kinda like Twin peaks for rappers :lol:

"STOP BEING WEIRD NIGGA" :howler:

@Dru @Fr3sh

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Ahhh I allways assume only ALC seen it around here.

I suggest watching Atlanta. Its more of a dramedy, but its still funny type of off the wall satire, creative type of show, as Donald Glover the lead and creator says, its kinda like Twin peaks for rappers

"STOP BEING WEIRD NIGGA" :howler:

@Dru @Fr3sh
Binge watched Atlanta a couple of weeks ago :D
I think I watch a bit too much TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 127)