General TV (56 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Just finished making a murderer. Very gripping and addictive i watched all 10 episodes in one bight :D. Still not 100% sure about what i think about Stephen Avery the show may of been very biased. Would like to read some in depth discussion.
I watched an episode and a half and got bored. Everyone is going crazy about it so I'll probably give it a second chance. Did you watch The Jinx? That was great.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I watched an episode and a half and got bored. Everyone is going crazy about it so I'll probably give it a second chance. Did you watch The Jinx? That was great.
Its starts getting really good from around the end of the 2nd episode imo.

I have heard if it and will check it out.

Theres is a great documentry on youtube called Dear Zachery that is also very gripping and depressing but well worth watching.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Have you watched Les Revenants? I'm not sure I'd say I'm a huge fan of the show, but I've enjoyed the vibe and the feel of the show -- the journey more than the detailed plot development. It definitely is a huge nod to Twin Peaks.
I feel the same way. Great vibe and feel, love the atmosphere, but not really sure I'd call myself a fan of the show. It's a good show, just not great. The American remake... :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Twin Peaks was brilliant. Never got around to watching Fire Walk with Me though. I know I should.
It got such terrible reviews when it came out... It wasn't what anyone expected, it's the show made so damn bleak and depressing, and it's missing all the quirkiness and humour of the show. It tore apart the show in a sense... at least the comforting, fantasy sort of aspects. I think it's a very good film.

Interesting article on critical re-eval of the film. Although you might now want to read it if you haven't seen FWWM yet.

http://www.villagevoice.com/film/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-is-david-lynchs-masterpiece-6438367

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Have you watched Les Revenants? I'm not sure I'd say I'm a huge fan of the show, but I've enjoyed the vibe and the feel of the show -- the journey more than the detailed plot development. It definitely is a huge nod to Twin Peaks.
I watched it, I loved season 1 a lot but thought it lost the plot in season 2. As you said, it is more about the run of events than the plot which at some times felt weak and predictable. And again I also noticed the resemblance to Twin Peaks.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Under the Dome - series based on Stephen King's novel of the same name. Very nice and interesting first season, Vaughan (Lost, Ex Machina) and King served as executive producers. Unfortunately they exited before the second season and series got worse with each season. Third one was ridiculous and show got cancelled due to low ratings even before the finale. Because of this the ending is not satisfactory at all, they were clearly planning to have more seasons.

Overall - avoid. Maybe take a look at the first season if you're a fan of the book (i'm yet to read).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)