General TV (25 Viewers)

Aameer

May 6, 2012
I really love that show. What was great about it was its attention to detail in the authenticness of its time period.

Watching the season opener Sunday, I can't say it was bad. But it's like they slacked off. For one, using the word "grok" in the late 1960s... really?!? I mean, sure the guy could be a Robert A. Heinlein nerd, but presuming those around him were? "Grok" really didn't enter the general vernacular until much later with computer nerds.

And the "SuperBowl"? It wasn't colloquially called that until Jan 1969 with SuperBowl III. Until then they popularly called it the "AFL-NFL World Championship Game".

Slacking off, slacking off...
I agree. The accuracy is usually pretty spot on and I think the writing and characters are the best parts.
Did you know this is the second to last season?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I agree. The accuracy is usually pretty spot on and I think the writing and characters are the best parts.
Did you know this is the second to last season?
Second to last? Damn, the actress that plays that daughter of Don's is already gonna have two kids and a sex change by the time they film it -- given the rate they take to produce seasons on that show.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
ya i think it's well done so far
Haaaaaaaaaaaail Earl Ragnar, Haaaaaaaaaail Earl Ragnar :mark:

"Up onto the overturned keel
clamber with a heart of steel
cold is the ocean's spray
and your death is on its way
with maidens you have had on your way
each must die someday!"

The last episode was awesome, besides the big showdown, it was fasctinating to see the social life, rituals and the eerie attitude towards death and the afterlife. Seriously moved when that old man was begging to go to war with them to die an honourable death.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Plz, Arrested Development is the shit. And if anything, the actors who play there are still just as relevant if not even more so. Jason Bateman and Michael Cera have gotten bigger now than they were back then.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For those of you who have Netflix, try a tv series called Hemlock Grove, its a Netflix original series (meaning they created it and all 13 eps available), after how awesome house of cards was, had to give this a try, so far its quite interesting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
For those of you who have Netflix, try a tv series called Hemlock Grove, its a Netflix original series (meaning they created it and all 13 eps available), after how awesome house of cards was, had to give this a try, so far its quite interesting.
Considered watching this yesterday, somehow I can't stop watching How I Met Your Mother. I almost never laugh while watching it and most of the characters are annoying, and yet I can't turn it off :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol yeah Floki is as random as heck, and not in entirely good way, Skarsgård brothers are so different from eachother, this one is defenitely the oddest one of them. And also the one who done more convincing work (in sweden atleast).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)