General TV (50 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You can read Sandman fast? :D took me so much time to finish the first book (edition of 4). It looks promising and visuals are great unlike The Wheel of Time. But Sandman is so fucked up I wonder how will they even manage it on the screen. I was pissed to see that Death is a black girl instead of a gothic type pale hot chick

I wont read it all ofcourse :D Just enough to familiarize myself with the world again and remember it.

And changing race is not impossible to get used to in the world of Gods and demons, aslong acting is on point, but Lucifer being Brienne of Tarth make some time get used to. And not entirely for her gender even if its hard to picture, Lucifer is comics is a dickless blond androgynous David Bowie looking weirdo. But I'm not sure the actress Gwendoline Christie has the serious gravitas to pull off this role. If it was Tilda Swinton tho? I would so buy it (pictured her in my head in the comics more effeminite looks for lucifer).

And yeah Sandman in different medium is insanely ambitious project, I have no idea how they gonna pull this off...

But Neil Gaiman is heavily involved with the project, so hope he steers them right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I watched 5 episodes today, slow burn but nice, quite different.

But episode 5 is a masterpiece of suspense. Watch it. They casted John Dee so well with this level of nuanced acting. Seen this David Thewlis actor before but he killed it. This episode might get nominated for an award.

Will save the final 5 episodes for later..

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

But episode 5 is a masterpiece of suspense. Watch it. They casted John Dee so well with this level of nuanced acting. Seen this David Thewlis actor before but he killed it. This episode might get nominated for an award.

I watched 3. First one was really good and the other two decent. But for what it's worth, I actually thought it' gonna be total shit. It's a decent watch, quite entertaining.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I watched 3. First one was really good and the other two decent. But for what it's worth, I actually thought it' gonna be total shit. It's a decent watch, quite entertaining.

And now I watched episode 6 and just like 5 its a huge uplift in quality storytelling from the first episodes. It was really beautiful. You read the comics so you will know what patient and nice story it's about with the name of: Hob Gedling.

This series is such a good adaption of the comics so far. Despite the changes in story and character looks, they absolutely nail the ethos and feel of the original medium.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Some horrible picks for actors. I can't digest Brienne as Lucifer, it jus doesn't work. Even worse, the black girl (I don't even know who she is) doesn't fit in at all. I wish they gave the role to Eva Green lol.

The amount of gays in the show though :lol: :lol2: just what the fuck... man... :sergio: FFS!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

David Thewlis is a fantastic actor. Was kinda lame they killed him off so quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Some horrible picks for actors. I can't digest Brienne as Lucifer, it jus doesn't work. Even worse, the black girl (I don't even know who she is) doesn't fit in at all. I wish they gave the role to Eva Green lol.

The amount of gays in the show though :lol: :lol2: just what the fuck... man... :sergio: FFS!
Dude. It’s slightly ridiculous. Watching this show I’d think 50% of the world was gay. :lol:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Episode 7, the show just falls off a cliff.
I really hope it gets better. Gonna try to see at least 30 minutes from episode 8 but if it doesn't improve I'm going to scrap it.
The first 6 episodes were good. It's like it became an entirely different show.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Episode 7, the show just falls off a cliff.
I really hope it gets better. Gonna try to see at least 30 minutes from episode 8 but if it doesn't improve I'm going to scrap it.
The first 6 episodes were good. It's like it became an entirely different show.
The new storyline they introduced in episode 7 was just so poorly executed. Even the actors chosen were mediocre. Episodes 5 and 6 were brilliant. And then it just nosedives. I managed to stick it out to the end, and episode 10 does manage to redeem it somewhat… but episodes 7-9 were truly meh. It’s sad that far and away the best part of the last few episodes was Stephen Fry.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
David Thewlis is a fantastic actor. Was kinda lame they killed him off so quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. It’s slightly ridiculous. Watching this show I’d think 50% of the world was gay. :lol:
Lol. My brother was like "wait so this guy is probably gay too" and unfortunatly he was always right. There are many cool things about the show but it's incredible how hard rhey are trying to promote the gay shit. They either needed a guy with a ruby who would help them show their true self, world with no lies and their gay side, or they are just straight gay. :sergio: Then you see Corinthian, guy who's literally a nightmare in a hukan form, and a serial killer killer, you're like "ah, finally", but then there's just the next episode around the corner when he takes dick in his blind ass too. Come on!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The new storyline they introduced in episode 7 was just so poorly executed. Even the actors chosen were mediocre. Episodes 5 and 6 were brilliant. And then it just nosedives. I managed to stick it out to the end, and episode 10 does manage to redeem it somewhat… but episodes 7-9 were truly meh. It’s sad that far and away the best part of the last few episodes was Stephen Fry.
It doesn't work because it's never a good idea to introduce new characters 2/3rds into the season.
I just can't seem to care about any of them and that makes the show a drag. Also the secondary characters seem to get the most screen time, to the detriment of the main character.
It's like a new show in the actual show.
Probably would have worked better as a spin-off series or a miniseries.
Too bad, cause episodes 1 to 6 were good to great television.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not mad gay at all. It may seem like a show for females at first glance. Jane Austenish formula. But its really just a very good family drama.

And its a good choice for you and your girl. Both of you would like it I am guessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)