General TV (62 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Has the Ricky Gervais show After Life garnered much interest outside of the UK? Anyone watched it?

He gets a lot of stick for his persona but when it comes to this humanist side he has this knack of carrying ideas across so well as a writer and producer. There is a lot of sentimentality and sadness but also some of his classic toe-curling cringe and close-to-the-bone dark humour.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Has the Ricky Gervais show After Life garnered much interest outside of the UK? Anyone watched it?

He gets a lot of stick for his persona but when it comes to this humanist side he has this knack of carrying ideas across so well as a writer and producer. There is a lot of sentimentality and sadness but also some of his classic toe-curling cringe and close-to-the-bone dark humour.
A little too depressing for me.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

it's on my watchlist, after i finish all star wars related stuff i'm interested in (which is the boba fett series) it's next. i like gervais' stand-ups and the office too, so i expect some dark, twisted, disrespectful vintage gervais stuff.

speaking of english shows, i also read some good reviews on fleabag. phoebe w-b looks a bit annoying, not sure i'd like it. did you watch it? any impressions?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it's on my watchlist, after i finish all star wars related stuff i'm interested in (which is the boba fett series) it's next. i like gervais' stand-ups and the office too, so i expect some dark, twisted, disrespectful vintage gervais stuff.

speaking of english shows, i also read some good reviews on fleabag. phoebe w-b looks a bit annoying, not sure i'd like it. did you watch it? any impressions?
I've not seen Fleabag but I know it is very popular.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched the first 2 seasons, liked it very much. Was in Top10 of Most Watched shows on Netflix in Germany for a while if the ranking is legit and not a marketing trick. Third season I noticed came out but didn't get around to watch it yet. Very good little show

- - - Updated - - -

AYOOO HOL UP HOL UP YOU BE SAYIN WE WUZ DWARF KWEENZ N SHEIT

ELVEZ WARRIORZ YO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)