General TV (167 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Anyone watching "The Boys"? Good stuff and I hate superhero movies/tv
I am, its twisted and fucked up, my kind of shit. Garth Ennis is a fantastic mofo. His unique comics Punisher, The Boys have had excellent tv adaptations, too bad the Preacher tv series was awful adaption, that's his strongest comic.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Where were you dude? Long time no read

Probably going to get back on it. The last Kingdom popped up at the same time I think
Banned because I said Forza lung cancer in Sarri bread
I am, its twisted and fucked up, my kind of shit. Garth Ennis is a fantastic mofo. His unique comics Punisher, The Boys have had excellent tv adaptations, too bad the Preacher tv series was awful adaption, that's his strongest comic.
I've been looking forward to the boys because it's a unique approach to capeshit

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 Lite mit Tapatalk

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I like some changes they made to The Boys tv adaptation and I don't like some.

The best thing is absolutely the Homelander. His character is much more interesting and deep (not the Deep). The guy playing him is also great. The Deep on the other hand is pretty hilarious and his later scenes with the choice of music made me lmao.

I don't like what they did with Butcher's wife because it basically means the change of the biggest plot point in his story. And I fear that they will drop the most important plot twist of the comic books which involves Butcher's wife heavily.

Some gender swaps made no sense. Stillwell should be a cold as fuck bitch and not some wannabe corpo-mom. I hope that Edgar will be the Stillwell of comic books in season 2 and later. They got a good actor for that so there's hope.

Anyway waiting for season 2 will be painful. It's one of the best new shows out there for sure :tup:.

Anyone who didn't read the comic books should do it asap though.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah well in that sense he is. Not in the full on violent, physical type of raping though.
I only saw the show and accidently stumbled on a video about the comics. I also saw video about ‘The Walking Dead’ comics a good 3-4 months ago. It’s ridicolous more far out than the tv show :lol:

The only show that didn’t go soft on us was Utopia. It’s a British show, though.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah the shows will always go soft. Apparently they filmed a scene for The Boys where Homelander goes on the top of Crysler building and starts to jerk off above New York saying "I can do whatever I want". Producers thought it was too much :shifty:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 164)