General TV (22 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah it looks good, main important thing is the villain, for example since this will be the hand (and elektra uber saiyan evil weapon), I hope we see the dangerous and dark hand from Daredevil, and not the silly and campy hand from Iron fist. Thats the key here, can make or break the team show. Besides the enterplay with the heroes ofcourse, most important of all will be the connection between iron fist and Luke cage, because comic wise they are like super charismatic bros lol. And daredevil is the key glue that holds them together. If I have a question mark on one of them, its indeed Jessica, not just because of her series not feeling like a hero tale or being that great casting, but simply because the creator for her wanted to make a sappy moody bitch and didnt give her much for the character. She is pretty much not just about love stories or being cold, she is legit the most powerful of them (yeah cage is industrictable basically, but she is is comic wise really super hero power level) but isnt interested in showing it, but somehow series doesnt want to show that and it will be key to see how she will be used in this one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I don't like her :D

As for the trailer: I don't like it either. I think Daredevil was simply brilliant and by far the best tv show when it comes to super heroes. But The Defenders looks like a pile of garbage yet again filled with exaggeration. I think it will be similar to Arrow. Which means total crap.
You didn't like arrow? Why I thought you were constantly talking how great it is. I wonder who I'm thinking off then...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You didn't like arrow? Why I thought you were constantly talking how great it is. I wonder who I'm thinking off then...
Really?

I liked the first season but then it turned into shit. I hate almost all super hero stuff that came out, I think I only like Daredevil. And when it comes to movies I rate only Batman and X-Men.

I also hate The Walking Dead just to make myself clear :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm fairly tolerant for trying out series, but I find walking dead to be absolutely shit. I tried it when it was new just because I read the comic, but man was it bad filler ridden soap...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
All I care is that people like The Wire. I can make a bookcover judgments on new people I meet just by the answer to that question :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm fairly tolerant for trying out series, but I find walking dead to be absolutely shit. I tried it when it was new just because I read the comic, but man was it bad filler ridden soap...
Majority are simply horrible. Arrow and Gotham are probably one of the worst ones out there. Rarely ANYTHING is worth watching imo and I hope it comes an end to these stuff coming out so frequently.

As for The Walking Dead it's the most overrated tv show ever made imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I could watch Gotham for 2 seasons (1 and half), because of the "origin" alternative factor, and Arrow was ok for 2 seasons (stomached 3rd a bit too) until it became a complete farce (The flash and supergirl are considerably better hero entertainment, and they are supposed to be campy fluff, and they better then dark broody anti-hero, talk about mess).

Superhero/comics/fantasy/supernatural as an aspect interest me so I can put up with the down periods in shows or such, but CW should stay away from superhero after the joke Arrow became, soap opera (basically anyone in his surrounding could join his team and become a hero?), love affairs, bad ghetto version of Batman etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The Last Kingdom is ace.

Always leaves me craving for more after finishing an episode.
Yeah, @Enron needs to get on, as a fellow book reader of the series too, I'm fairly behind on second season, on 2nd episode out of 7.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I could watch Gotham for 2 seasons (1 and half), because of the "origin" alternative factor, and Arrow was ok for 2 seasons (stomached 3rd a bit too) until it became a complete farce (The flash and supergirl are considerably better hero entertainment, and they are supposed to be campy fluff, and they better then dark broody anti-hero, talk about mess).

Superhero/comics/fantasy/supernatural as an aspect interest me so I can put up with the down periods in shows or such, but CW should stay away from superhero after the joke Arrow became, soap opera (basically anyone in his surrounding could join his team and become a hero?), love affairs, bad ghetto version of Batman etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, @Enron needs to get on, as a fellow book reader of the series too, I'm fairly behind on second season, on 2nd episode out of 7.
Season 2 is much better than season 1 IMO, and the latter was already pretty good.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, it's pretty bad. I don't understand the popularity at all.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shoot. I thought it was cancelled. Sweet!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone watching Taboo with Tom Hardy? Thoughts?
It really blew hot and cold. It got itself sidetracked at times into sub-plots that kind of dead-ended pointlessly, but the main storyline was quite compelling and quite brilliant. The aesthetic of it is gorgeous in that grimy 19th century way, and the dark, ominous atmosphere complements that well. Tom Hardy is absolutely fantastic in the lead role, and I've never been a big fan of his in the past, but this role fit him perfectly. The dialogue goes a little off-kilter at times into silliness, but for the most part works. It's a very mysterious and enigmatic show, definitely plays the slow-burn, almost maddeningly so through the first few episodes, and while bits and pieces of the strange and borderline "supernatural" aspects are illuminated, much is left to ponder while waiting for a second season to arrive.

I thought it was really good.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just finished watching Twin Peaks last night. It is, hands down, the best TV show that I've ever watched. It's simply brilliant and without any flaws whatsoever. I'm surprised how great it is and I can't believe it took me this long to 'find' it. It awakens the nostalgic feeling while watching, characters are brilliant and authentic, music is amazing and the mystery behind it is just as good. What a diamond!

@Post Ironic

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992) is worth of watching? I suppose it's the same stuff but it can't be as near as good as the tv show, eh?

And second question, what the hell is Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces (2014)?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just finished watching Twin Peaks last night. It is, hands down, the best TV show that I've ever watched. It's simply brilliant and without any flaws whatsoever. I'm surprised how great it is and I can't believe it took me this long to 'find' it. It awakens the nostalgic feeling while watching, characters are brilliant and authentic, music is amazing and the mystery behind it is just as good. What a diamond!

@Post Ironic

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992) is worth of watching? I suppose it's the same stuff but it can't be as near as good as the tv show, eh?

And second question, what the hell is Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces (2014)?
:heart:

The second question, it's all the cut scenes from FWWM. Fire Walk With Me is good. Better than was originally suggested. When it came out it was a bit of a shock to the system for Twin Peaks fans as it was much darker than the show. The silliness, the humour, the satire... it was still there, but in a much lighter dose, and it really got into the dark, gritty, disturbing aspect of the last days of Laura Palmer's life. I'd recommend watching it, but don't go into it expecting the TV show or you will be disappointed. It's more along the lines of Twin Peaks meets Mulholland Drive.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:heart:

The second question, it's all the cut scenes from FWWM. Fire Walk With Me is good. Better than was originally suggested. When it came out it was a bit of a shock to the system for Twin Peaks fans as it was much darker than the show. The silliness, the humour, the satire... it was still there, but in a much lighter dose, and it really got into the dark, gritty, disturbing aspect of the last days of Laura Palmer's life. I'd recommend watching it, but don't go into it expecting the TV show or you will be disappointed. It's more along the lines of Twin Peaks meets Mulholland Drive.
I still didn't watch that one :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)