General TV (141 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Never watched that show, I don't know why. It's supposed to be one of the greatest. Maybe should pick it up :)
You should.

Yeah didn't like it either. Surely he gets killed though. No other explanation for me.
I interpreted as, it's up to you....do you want him killed? then he got killed, do you want him living and happy ever after then be it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah didn't like it either. Surely he gets killed though. No other explanation for me.
yea i really dont see how people thought that ending was open to interpretation. He's dead for sure, they just didnt show it because it would be tough to watch a character you've come to like murdered in front of (or possibly with) his family

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is so weird, I actually watched the pilot of that show @radekas (it was ok, felt bit forced but funny, mainly weird how they tried to sanitize the devil as a goodish kinda guy). And I read the luficer comic YEARS ago, but I had no idea the tv show was related to it. The comic Lucifer is a Blond aryan type of demigod aura, while this guy was like a goofball brittish version of Zach Levi.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah but the plot seems to follow the comic books. I mean he did leave Hell there and he generally was this smug IdontCareAboutShit guy, at least for some time. He wasn't an evil bastard anyway, so it seems similar. I will give it a try in hope they inlude more of Vertigo Inprint into this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah Morningstar was awesome bastard in the comics. Not saying he is all evil (even if he is Lucifer), but the shows pilot seemed to transition him too quickly to the good side more then the whimsical one.

Maybe I can give it another try (read comic so long ago forgot this off the books devil storyline tv show could be related to it). But I was super dissapointed with how Constantine was butchered in both film and tv series so not so keen on seeing adaptions of those type of occult gritty comics.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lost had the same issue.

What I enjoyed was that it defied the convention. It was like an anti-soap-opera. If you execute well on that atmosphere, and you're willing to submit to it, that journey could be worth it.

The problem happens when wannabe auteurs apply that treatment to more of a plot-driven story. And when the plot isn't very good, the atmosphere isn't compelling enough to carry it, and it fails as a director's egotistical art film exercise.
It was actually a lot like Lost, the general feel and overall rubbish ending. I think the writers even admitted that they didn't know where it was going. Some of it simply didn't add up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)