General TV (16 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Nice, Sci fi night. Last somewhat enjoyable Sci fi I seen all year was Dark Matter, and it's at best decent /mediocre anyways. But better then what they usually release past years, not that they a so called syfy channel release enough of the genre anymore.
I tried Dark Matter. Got bored by the 4th episode. As you said, decent/mediocre at best.

True. Well, seems they're trying to get back on track. About time if you ask me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Watch one called into badlands, it's interesting action type of light series (heavy martial arts action which is the main fun). Not real Sci fi but it's more dystopic somewhat brutal apocalyptic world.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, that's the one that starts after Walking Dead ends at 10. Same channel. Haven't watched it yet but I setup my DVR to record it since ep 1.

Will watch sometime in the future. (I'm still finishing Penny Dreadful and then there's GoT's last season after that).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sci Fi geeks...

:disagree:

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding. I'm one of ya too. :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Watch one called into badlands, it's interesting action type of light series (heavy martial arts action which is the main fun). Not real Sci fi but it's more dystopic somewhat brutal apocalyptic world.
Have you watched Aleksei German's film Hard to Be A God yet? If not, do so. Grotesque and brutal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No I havent, you described it before I recall.

I'm rarely in the habit and routine to find and watch movies anymore (especially since Netflix/HBO go or other streaming services I have arent so great with movies). Its just more convenient and easy to watch tv series or read books instead of download movies and binge watch em (mostly exposed to what others download or cinema). But will look it up and add to the to watch list :) Next to the criterion movie collection I borrow from the library infinitely and watch very sporadically at times.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No I havent, you described it before I recall.

I'm rarely in the habit and routine to find and watch movies anymore (especially since Netflix/HBO go or other streaming services I have arent so great with movies). Its just more convenient and easy to watch tv series or read books instead of download movies and binge watch em (mostly exposed to what others download or cinema). But will look it up and add to the to watch list :) Next to the criterion movie collection I borrow from the library infinitely and watch very sporadically at times.
:lol:

That's what I used to do back in the dvd era. Now I've started buying blu-rays. I miss the library.

I have days where I skip work and just sit around watching 3-4 movies. Or an entire season of a tv show. Gets ridiculous sometimes. I rewatched the entire 30 episodes of Twin Peaks in 2 days just before my latest stretch of overworking. Same deal with books. Sometimes you just get so drawn into a book you have to read it in a couple days no matter how long it is. So you end up reading for like 20 hours straight.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I rarely have that much time (though off 2 days a week, enough time to squeeze in a bit, but lol never 20 hrs in a row for anything) but usually too lazy to look for and dl movies past months. Easier to binge watch tv series. You know when you tired just before sleeping and just looking through netflix and have no idea what to watch? Hate it, I gave up last night and I just randomly started watching a fairly ridicolous premise tv show :lol:

Its actually fairly creepy done lol (a what if scenario), and better then how ridicolous the trailer is (awful), bit more serious disaster movie type thing, tho gets bit stupid in latter episodes with its logic.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
First Childhood's end episode is almost over, gotta say @Osman it's damn impressive. It's grabbed my attention from beginning to end (well, it's on commercials now just came here to say this). Well made, good acting, the works...

:delpiero: new syfy series

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
It's over now. Much much better than expected. I just remembered some of stuff from the book, what a fantastic work that is and the series is really doing it justice so far.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's over now. Much much better than expected. I just remembered some of stuff from the book, what a fantastic work that is and the series is really doing it justice so far.
Imma try find it online now, excited.

Btw, I checked to download expanse episode 2, but I cant find it, instead I found episode 3 and 4 is available :eek:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So what did folks think of Season 2 of Fargo now that it's over? I thought it was brilliant ... even the unexpected ending.

I rarely have that much time (though off 2 days a week, enough time to squeeze in a bit, but lol never 20 hrs in a row for anything) but usually too lazy to look for and dl movies past months. Easier to binge watch tv series. You know when you tired just before sleeping and just looking through netflix and have no idea what to watch? Hate it, I gave up last night and I just randomly started watching a fairly ridicolous premise tv show :lol:

Its actually fairly creepy done lol (a what if scenario), and better then how ridicolous the trailer is (awful), bit more serious disaster movie type thing, tho gets bit stupid in latter episodes with its logic.
That show premiered this summer in the US. It's hokey. The acting is a bit corny at times. But I couldn't look away and there were entertaining moments. So I did see all the episodes. Their season finale was kind of a joke, but I didn't feel like I completely wasted my time.

The Knick is one of the best series for the last 5 years. Great, great show.
The first season was pretty good, but far from perfect. I haven't had the chance to wind up and start the second season yet.

The whole flawed hero as drug addict has been done so many times before, and the insertion of the racial themes of the time seemed to pander more to modern tastes than to issues of genuine discussion of the period. It also seemed to dwell and enjoy the gruesomeness of early surgical procedures a bit too much. But it's entertaining.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Imma try find it online now, excited.

Btw, I checked to download expanse episode 2, but I cant find it, instead I found episode 3 and 4 is available :eek:
Tell me about it... dat part 1 ending twist thou. You probably don't even remember who the Aliens are anymore. I didn't and it mindfucked me good when they were revealed. Now part 2 starts in 40 min. More than excited, really.

Weird. It should leak anytime now, ep 2 is on tonight as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So what did folks think of Season 2 of Fargo now that it's over? I thought it was brilliant ... even the unexpected ending.

That show premiered this summer in the US. It's hokey. The acting is a bit corny at times. But I couldn't look away and there were entertaining moments. So I did see all the episodes. Their season finale was kind of a joke, but I didn't feel like I completely wasted my time.

The first season was pretty good, but far from perfect. I haven't had the chance to wind up and start the second season yet.
Yeah I actually liked most of the episodes I seen so far(4) except for few cringeworthy moments. But the premise itself is kinda engaging, and as I said mildly creepy. I have little to no expectation of story going anywhere interesting, so imma prolly finish it next time I'm lazy to find anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me about it... dat part 1 ending twist thou. You probably don't even remember who the Aliens are anymore. I didn't and it mindfucked me good when they were revealed. Now part 2 starts in 40 min. More than excited, really.

Weird. It should leak anytime now, ep 2 is on tonight as well.
I gather you watch both on tv, im kinda fvcked, cant find a torrent of childhood's end so far in usual sites, and The expanse, I'm staring at ep 3 and 4 folders I have but cant watch since 2 is nowhere to be found lol. I guess I'll dl that early in the morning when its online, or it will be soon, sometimes to put up as soon as ep finish.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah I actually liked most of the episodes I seen so far(4) except for few cringeworthy moments. But the premise itself is kinda engaging, and as I said mildly creepy. I have little to no expectation of story going anywhere interesting, so imma prolly finish it next time I'm lazy to find anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

I gather you watch both on tv, im kinda fvcked, cant find a torrent of childhood's end so far in usual sites, and The expanse, I'm staring at ep 3 and 4 folders I have but cant watch since 2 is nowhere to be found lol. I guess I'll dl that early in the morning when its online, or it will be soon, sometimes to put up as soon as ep finish.
http://vidbull.com/vw12w73mifh6.html

You can watch episode 2 there, just make sure you have a good pop-up blocker.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can't say I'm proud I watched it, but it's decent American popcorn-snarfing entertainment. In a TV season with more options, I wouldn't have watched it. But things were slower in the summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)