General TV (86 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Do you take medication for your ADHD?
i have just started ep 3 so that puts me ahead of you :D

Why did you lose interest when you say it's good. I actually think it's ok, not wow but I think I am ready to binge it.
I lost interest because it didn't strike me enough above a threshold to commit to it. There's so much to watch these days, you have to cut bait a lot.

Why I said it was good is that it seemed to have an interesting plot and production values, but the general vibe and taste of what it was didn't resonate with me personally as strongly... not unlike how I cannot take a movie about a superhero in tights seriously unless it's a farce. Or how I lose interest in medieval-inspired fantasy shows when the Ren Faire nerd quotient gets too high.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Finished Jessica Jones. :tup: Netflix nailed yet another one. I thought it started just okay and got better half way through the season.

David Tennant can be a fantastic villain.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Louie is one of the best shows on television. It's almost better when it isn't funny. Anyway, you might like Aziz Ansari's new show Master of None which has a bit of a Louie vibe
Yeah, I love Louie, but it has gone a bit down for me. I am watching Master of none, not that consistent though. I wish Its always sunny is back..Brooklyn 99 is currently the one i go for now when i need some laughs. I feel like starting something new thats refreshing and always consistently funny.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Btw @Post Ironic @Osman Childhood's End debut tonight. Will it live up to expectation or will it just take a shit on a great book?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually The Expanse will also premiere today so if you haven't watched it yet, one starts at 9 and the other at 10pm (my time EST TIME)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Btw @Post Ironic @Osman Childhood's End debut tonight. Will it live up to expectation or will it just take a shit on a great book?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually The Expanse will also premiere today so if you haven't watched it yet, one starts at 9 and the other at 10pm (my time EST TIME)
It's a mini series so it should be more focused and tighter production. Barely remember the book except general story so it will be exciting to revisit it even if my expectations are low.

The expanse first EP we saw was leak? Because I been waiting for 2nd episode, got my father and Bro hooked on pilot and they been asking me when the Nuevo Battlestar Galactica like series is back.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
It's a mini series so it should be more focused and tighter production. Barely remember the book except general story so it will be exciting to revisit it even if my expectations are low.

The expanse first EP we saw was leak? Because I been waiting for 2nd episode, got my father and Bro hooked on pilot and they been asking me when the Nuevo Battlestar Galactica like series is back.
Don't remember the book neither, it's been too long.

Not a leak, more like a pre-release. They allowed the pilot episode to be watched for free on cable demand, youtube, even on ps4... Apparently to get it hyped up. It seems it worked as I've been hearing more and more about it. People really liked it.

So tonight is the actual "official" TV premiere. It will be the same episode (Which I'll watch anyway to understand better what happened on it).

But your father/brother will be happy to know episode 2 will be on tomorrow. I have high hopes for this series and a lot of people seem to too.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I just checked, tomorrow will be episode 2 for both Childhood's Dream and The Expanse. Cool.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nice, Sci fi night. Last somewhat enjoyable Sci fi I seen all year was Dark Matter, and it's at best decent /mediocre anyways. But better then what they usually release past years, not that they a so called syfy channel release enough of the genre anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)