General TV (45 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
icemaη;5077772 said:
Anyone watched Narcos on Netflix yet?
Yes, it's pretty good. A Scorsese inspired show about the Columbian drug empire is hard to dislike. :D And I really like that they didn't translate the whole thing, but kept the dialogue in Spanish. Even if I'd imagine someone with better Spanish skills than me could tell that Pablo Escobar is played by a Brazilian. But for an outsider it's great and adds to the realism. Definitely recommendable.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yes, it's pretty good. A Scorsese inspired show about the Columbian drug empire is hard to dislike. :D And I really like that they didn't translate the whole thing, but kept the dialogue in Spanish. Even if I'd imagine someone with better Spanish than me could tell that Pablo Escobar is played by a Brazilian. But for an outsider it's great and adds to the realism. Definitely recommendable.
I'm listening

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only seen 2 episodes of Narcos and its fantastic. Great to see the Tropa elite dude as Pablo.

@Osman

Did you sstart with Ray Donovan? If you haven't, I'll give you one reason to do, Bunk from The Wire.
It becomes real good? Few years ago when it debuted I recall only watching 2-3 episodes?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Wagner Moura the guy who plays Escobar is excellent in Trash and the Elite Squad films too.
:agree: Elite Squad is also directed by Padilha. He knows his mafia.

Wagner Moura, well, he's a hell of an actor yet people in Brazil out of jealousy made a whole big deal about his Spanish accent not sounding proper. :howler:

Fucking losers. Like they even know what the Surbubian Colombian accent sounds like. Pathetic.

A little background story: Padilha was targeted by the mafia in Brazil because of Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad), they attempted to kill him once or twice. He had to flee to the US and lives in California now. I think so does Moura.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, it's pretty good. A Scorsese inspired show about the Columbian drug empire is hard to dislike. :D And I really like that they didn't translate the whole thing, but kept the dialogue in Spanish. Even if I'd imagine someone with better Spanish skills than me could tell that Pablo Escobar is played by a Brazilian. But for an outsider it's great and adds to the realism. Definitely recommendable.
columbus was involved in the drug trade?

- - - Updated - - -

The guy that plays Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria totally owns every scene he is in. I feel bad for the other actors because he makes them look amateur :D
why does he walk like a zombie?

- - - Updated - - -

also i think narcos is aiight, nothing spectacular imo

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Narcos is pretty great indeed, it does need a bit more action though, i mean, the violence are damn gritty but 1 episode drags a bit too long sometimes i feel, i guess thats probably they way we are gonna have to deal with stuff based on true events.

Still damn worth to watch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)