General Religion & Philosophy Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Just for the record, a lot of people I know find Zizek and co to be nonsense. I find him incomprehensible and some of the things he says seem arbitrary. Almost as if he is more a performer than anything else.

But I'd love to understand what he is on about.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Just for the record, a lot of people I know find Zizek and co to be nonsense. I find him incomprehensible and some of the things he says seem arbitrary. Almost as if he is more a performer than anything else.

But I'd love to understand what he is on about.
Who's "and co"?

I'm pretty sure his fans agree with you about Zizek.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Critical theorists.

But it sounds like that whole approach makes a lot more sense to you than it does to me.

Sorry for hurting your feelings by finding Zizek incomprehensible by the way.
Why would that hurt my feelings? I see you like to dabble in the surreal.

I do find him fascinating and often incomprehensible. Inspiring and entertaining.

But by now I feel like I've heard it all, same jokes same anecdotes.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Why would that hurt my feelings? I see you like to dabble in the surreal.

I do find him fascinating and often incomprehensible. Inspiring and entertaining.

But by now I feel like I've heard it all, same jokes same anecdotes.
Do you take him to have substantive insights into the issues he talks about? What do you take away from reading him?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
http://www.collective-evolution.com...s&utm_campaign=ewao_network&utm_medium=social

Fascinating.

Does anyone know enough about Buddhism and quantum mechanics to verify this statement?

"What the Dalai Lama is recognizing is that the ancient knowledge within these Buddhist texts is now being proven by quantum physics. Physicists are actually catching up to what these texts revealed centuries ago, but only now can it be verified by more modern science."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)