General Religion & Philosophy Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
"Actually, I was going by Reza Aslan whose book I just read. From what I recall the whole veil business, despite what some say, does indeed have support in religious doctrine. Not in the Koran but coming from religious scholars hundreds of years ago who bickered among themselves a lot and whose legacy, with few changes since then, today is the gift to modern day Muslims."

If he said this then I do disagree this point.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"Actually, I was going by Reza Aslan whose book I just read. From what I recall the whole veil business, despite what some say, does indeed have support in religious doctrine. Not in the Koran but coming from religious scholars hundreds of years ago who bickered among themselves a lot and whose legacy, with few changes since then, today is the gift to modern day Muslims."

If he said this then I do disagree this point.
If we cut you in half, Ze, how many rings do we find? It's like you've matured. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Martin havent participiated in any discussions in a while, he has more of a zen-buddism/yoda-ish thing goin on currently with laconic one liners :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
While we're on the subject, I've noticed you haven't participated in religious discussions in years. Lost interest or just too busy? :D
It feels like a lifetime ago.

Back then I was not working yet, or if I was then not seriously. These days when I come home from work I have no energy for any of that stuff, I just want some simple banter with familiar faces. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It feels like a lifetime ago.

Back then I was not working yet, or if I was then not seriously. These days when I come home from work I have no energy for any of that stuff, I just want some simple banter with familiar faces. :D
Nice pants.

Now for the @Dru theme song...

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It's impossible because there's no place where 100% of an entire population belongs to the same school of thought. Why should an atheist/agnostic, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or Shia (and I'm not even going to list all the different schools of thoughts therein), follow for ex. the Wahabbi interpretation of Islamic Law?
Since I have joined this forum, I saw you mentioning that name many times with hate (which is normal I think) when it comes to Madhhabs, so I'm wondering, do you really think that the majority of Saudi people are Wahabbis?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Since I have joined this forum, I saw you mentioning that name many times with hate (which is normal I think) when it comes to Madhhabs, so I'm wondering, do you really think that the majority of Saudi people are Wahabbis?
I picked them at random but I do have a problem with Wahabbi extremists. I don't know if they are a majority but they do receive a lot of funding and backing.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I picked them at random but I do have a problem with Wahabbi extremists. I don't know if they are a majority but they do receive a lot of funding and backing.
Who doesn't have a problem with Wahabbis? :D but they are like 20% in the region right now and the majority of them are in the capital where they started from before many years. However, they don't have any significant control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)