General News & Politics (41 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor Electricity in Germany going up by 60-100% in January? :baus:
Electricity is the least of the concern in Europe, at least for me, thats what, extra 30-40 euros per month? Increase in heat and loan expenses leave a lot bigger dent in the personal bank accounts, for me both combined are expected to be +300 euros every month to what I usually pay in winter months.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Electricity is the least of the concern in Europe, at least for me, thats what, extra 30-40 euros per month? Increase in heat and loan expenses leave a lot bigger dent in the personal bank accounts, for me both combined are expected to be +300 euros every month.
I expect private businesses to have much higher electricity too which will all result in the inflation increase in the food market which seems to be out of control at this point. Your heating season will end, though, but I doubt they will decrease the price of the electricity. Don't know about other countries but when we had 10-40% increase of the electricity it also meant 110% increase for the businesses which is really insane. We have announced to have the increase of only 10% but I'm well aware that will only be the first wave because they are scared to say more so it will be a step by step so people won't riot. I also think the worst part of the crisis is yet to come after the winter is over.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Electricity is the least of the concern in Europe, at least for me. Increase in heat and loan expenses leave a lot bigger dent in the personal bank accounts.
i don't have a loan, have a well insulated apartment, my phone bill is unchanged (~4€ for unlimited calls and 5 gigs of data haha), my monthly bills didn't really change much.

food inflation is out of hand though, it's like 40% on average, even worse for certain goods. for example cheese costs twice as much as it did last year, same for milk and bread too, so i stopped buying some stuff. at least my only guilty pleasure (snacks/chips lol) is still all right so i can keep poisoning myself :weee:

Jun 16, 2020
Here it’s becoming quite difficult aswel. I’m still okay financially but I honestly don’t know how some of my colleagues survive.

I was comparing basic food we all have at home with my niece in Italy, everything is like 40 to 60% more expensive here, although we earn a bit more it feels like daylight robbery. Especially certain things like meat, cheese and eggs. Healthcare is outrageous too

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I expect private businesses to have much higher electricity too which will all result in the inflation increase in the food market which seems to be out of control at this point. Your heating season will end, though, but I doubt they will decrease the price of the electricity. Don't know about other countries but when we had 10-40% increase of the electricity it also meant 110% increase for the businesses which is really insane. We have announced to have the increase of only 10% but I'm well aware that will only be the first wave because they are scared to say more so it will be a step by step so people won't riot. I also think the worst part of the crisis is yet to come after the winter is over.
General economy'll probably be fucked throughout 2023, no doubt. Just saying that the heating and euribor fucks my bank acc up a lot more than any other increases. In dec my monthly payment for the apartment loan goes up by 150eur due to euribor and in 6m from then itll probably be another 150eur increase. Putin really outdid Covid here.

Jun 16, 2020
General economy'll probably be fucked throughout 2023, no doubt. Just saying that the heating and euribor fucks my bank acc up a lot more than any other increases. In dec my monthly payment for the apartment loan goes up by 150eur due to euribor and in 6m from then itll probably be another 150eur increase. Putin really outdid Covid here.
Where are you from?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
forza baltic countries, besides ukraine, you're also on the wrong side of the d unfortunately. let's hope it won't last an other 2-3 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)