General News & Politics (17 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That John Hopkins “study” (which has three authors, only one a John hopkins professor, and has literally zero to do with the university or its views lol):

Of the 34 “studies” included in the review, 12 of them were actually working papers. In fact, 14 of the “studies” were actually from economists with only one being from epidemiologists. This is odd since most of the key NPI research studies have been conducted by epidemiologists, medical researchers, and other public health experts. To qualify as a meta-analysis, a study needs to fulfill established criteria, which includes demonstrating that you’ve included all of the studies that have been published. Without providing clear evidence that you have done so, instead of “A Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Lockdowns on Covid-19 Mortality,” would a better title of this working paper have been “Stuff that We Selected to Support Our Point of View?”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...ineffective-against-covid-19/?sh=10c06a121225

:lol:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Meanwhile in good ol germany, planning mandatory vaccination for October lol
for 12yo+? or 18yo+?

unless it's 60 or 70 yo+ thats retarded. I'd vaccinate the shit out of seniors, but from what we've seen so far from omicron it makes no sense to vaccinate all the non-risk groups. the vaccine impact on the spread of covid is minimal, it mostly helps you against hospitalization and death. if the risks for 30yo to end up in hospital from omicron are minimal, why even try to mitigate them?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Freedom convoy is using children as human shields to block passage to the states. Some roam around schools to 'teach' them young lol. Plus in Ottawa they literally shit all over the city.

You can be against mandate, and I can understand that. Some people I know didn't vaccinate and they're decent people. But these occupationist folk are ruining the economy with these blockades and the most loud of them are trash.
:lol: thought you were joking

3DB22850-B5CE-4D4B-9C2F-ABC8ACC0B406.png

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
for 12yo+? or 18yo+?

unless it's 60 or 70 yo+ thats retarded. I'd vaccinate the shit out of seniors, but from what we've seen so far from omicron it makes no sense to vaccinate all the non-risk groups. the vaccine impact on the spread of covid is minimal, it mostly helps you against hospitalization and death. if there risks for 30yo to end up in hospital from omicron are minimal, why even try to mitigate them?
Agreed.

The reason is BECAUSE!?!!

Yes, they want to make it mandatory for 18+ people.

If it goes through is another matter, there are also groups of politicians who don't want one at all, and another group for mandatory vaccination for 50+ people.

The last two I wouldn't mind. But for 18+ is just bullshit at this point.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It has been hijacked by people that are not truckers. In Ottawa, you can see them for the most part being peaceful and 6 kms away is chaos brought by 'other' people.

Look im not even for having a mandate for truckers. I think its stupid and politicized.
I hate his guts, but he's often right, btw...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Aren’t like 90% of truckers in Canada vaccinated?
Yes, they are. And the federation that represents trucker’s in Canada has disavowed and condemned the convoy. :lol:

Morons posting on social media that the protest was a million strong in Ottawa over its first weekend. Generous estimates have it at 8000-10,000. :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agreed.

The reason is BECAUSE!?!!

Yes, they want to make it mandatory for 18+ people.

If it goes through is another matter, there are also groups of politicians who don't want one at all, and another group for mandatory vaccination for 50+ people.

The last two I wouldn't mind. But for 18+ is just bullshit at this point.
It’s stupid. The trucker vaccine mandate, which is more so a vaccinate or test mandate, doesn’t even make sense. Omicron is highly contagious, already rapidly spreading here, and the truckers are allowed to deliver goods all across Canada, but just not cross the border? What’s the point? To keep omicron out? It’s already here. :lol:

Unfortunately the convoy got hijacked by retards who are against every single public health measure and have been against them from the very start. So we have a group demanding every single public health measure be removed immediately and that Trudeau resign, be replaced by a governing body including the unelected senate, the Governor General (apparently they want to become a British colony again lol), and a group of the protestors. :lol:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Freedom convoy is using children as human shields to block passage to the states. Some roam around schools to 'teach' them young lol. Plus in Ottawa they literally shit all over the city.

You can be against mandate, and I can understand that. Some people I know didn't vaccinate and they're decent people. But these occupationist folk are ruining the economy with these blockades and the most loud of them are trash.
Vaccine passports are a huge problem. I know many people don't have problems being controlled by the interests of the corporations but throughout history there are many examples of commodities or drugs recommended to the public that were absolutely toxic. Even if the vaccines are super safe, this opens a dangerous precedent that could be used the next time for something far more sinister. And I'm sorry that I don't trust the "science" backed by corporate censorship of other opinions after their history of recommending everyday usage of:

1. OxyContin and other synthetic opioids
2. Asbestos
3 Cigarettes (claiming that are healthy and 100% safe)
4 The scandal with thalidomide in the 60s - google it if you don't know
5. The fraud with Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) in 2009 for many billions of dollars.
6. The usage of lead in fuels.
7. The usage of Radium in many household items.
8. And here's some more crimes from the Pharma industry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_pharmaceutical_settlements

I'm fine with the protests, convoys or whatever you call it as long as it's peaceful.

Many of you probably will never agree but people are becoming serfs to the interests of the new feudal elites - the big corporations. In countries like US democracy is almost dead and corporations are treating people like cattle. Giving them the power to have vaccine passports as a weapon for profit is a very bad idea.

If it is necessary let's make vaccines against Covid-19 mandatory. But let's have a decent time frame in which all the benefits vs harm can be evaluated.

But the green pass right now doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ontario has declared a state of emergency over the protests.

I guess this now allows Canadian authorities to give the protesters a very stern talking-to, is that how it works there?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just fucking great.

Time for a thread or just the usual fear mongering?

- - - Updated - - -

It's seemingly on.

Oil up 5%, nearing 100 a barrel, rubel and stocks cratering, markets seem to think this is ON.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
great. the last thing we needed is a war around europe.

btw russia has been preparing for it for years. i wonder how these pussies in the eu will react. i bet usa wouldn't mind an other war as long as it's not on their home soil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)