General News & Politics (18 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just want to know what their definition of a man/woman is. "I am as a woman because that's how I identify myself." Well, what about your identity makes you a woman? Your like of wearing skirts, high heels and make up? That's the definition of a woman?
are woman and female synonyms?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
good article. I hate all the people she quoted. Why make it so difficult to define woman?

you’re a woman if you’re born a woman. You’re a trans if you’re born a man and turn into a woman
Yeah. I'm still interested in hearing what the "inclusive" definitions are. It's really hard to come across clear answers>

Here's the clearest one I found:

In order to generate a definition of “woman” that is guided by the interests of feminist analysis and avoids the commonality and normativity problems, Haslanger creates an account of “woman” in which being a woman involves being a member of a social class in which one is systematically subordinated on the basis of (presumed) biological sex:
S is a woman iff
(i) S is regularly and for the most part observed or imagined to have certain bodily features presumed to be evidence of a female’s biological role in reproduction;
(ii) that S has these features marks S within the dominant ideology of S’s society as someone who ought to occupy certain kinds of social position that are in fact
subordinate (and so motivates and justifies S’s occupying such a position); and
(iii) the fact that S satisfies (i) and (ii) plays a role in S’s systematic subordination, that is, along some dimension, S’s social position is oppressive, and S’s satisfying (i)
and (ii) plays a role in that dimension of subordination.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRNytAmUdNa__O6orJk-XFudHOqOzIc7b4uGg&usqp=CAU.png

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Then what stops you to consider yourself a train and ask to not pay taxes like other humans?
If you have an XY pair why do you expect me to treat you as a female?
I'm going to treat you as a male regarding of how you identify (wardrobe, deer, kangoroo), because when you punch me in the face, I am going to feel the force of a male, not a female.
If it's you right to identify as you like, then it's my right to call you as I like and in my case based on biological facts.
How are you treating females? Is it the pronouns used? Because you can definitely punch anyone like you are punching a male.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah. I'm still interested in hearing what the "inclusive" definitions are. It's really hard to come across clear answers>

In order to generate a definition of “woman” that is guided by the interests of feminist analysis and avoids the commonality and normativity problems, Haslanger creates an account of “woman” in which being a woman involves being a member of a social class in which one is systematically subordinated on the basis of (presumed) biological sex:
S is a woman iff
(i) S is regularly and for the most part observed or imagined to have certain bodily features presumed to be evidence of a female’s biological role in reproduction;
(ii) that S has these features marks S within the dominant ideology of S’s society as someone who ought to occupy certain kinds of social position that are in fact
(iii) the fact that S satisfies (i) and (ii) plays a role in S’s systematic subordination, that is, along some dimension, S’s social position is oppressive, and S’s satisfying (i)

These people have about as much to contribute to academia as creationists.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

S is a woman iff

Postmodernist language manipulation drivel, and of course 0 facts.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
How are you treating females? Is it the pronouns used? Because you can definitely punch anyone like you are punching a male.
My wife doesn't seem to complain.
Yeah but if you're punched by a female who identifyes as a male, it has a less chance to hurt so much regardless of their pronouns.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
My wife doesn't seem to complain.
Yeah but if you're punched by a female who identifyes as a male, it has a less chance to hurt so much regardless of their pronouns.
Punching any transgender (mtf or ftm) is a crime because both are still victims.

Even the feminists who want to claim in every instance that there is no biological gender differences will revert back from that shit instantaneously if you gave one a hard uppercut to the jaw.

They will also suddenly recognize the need for law enforcement and a justice system

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Punching any transgender (mtf or ftm) is a crime because both are still victims.

Even the feminists who want to claim in every instance that there is no biological gender differences will revert back from that shit instantaneously if you gave one a hard uppercut to the jaw.

They will also suddenly recognize the need for law enforcement and a justice system
I know. That's how ipocrisy works.
Also in sports where transgender mtf are murdering every record :).

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't a sarcastic question. Someone who was born a male identifies as a female. What are the implications for you?
There is none, until he/she makes me disregard biological facts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)