General News & Politics (28 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/17/middleeast/sarah-hegazi-egypt-intl/index.html

And this is why, ladies and gentlemen, a country like Egypt, once a beacon of knowledge and a pillar of civilization, will remain mired in shit, filled with a regressive cesspit of backward thinking cuntbags - until that medieval mentality is eradicated, there is no hope.
I agree with every single word! I've been stuck in bohemian Dahab for the past 3 months enjoying the scene ( why didn't I come here earlier is mind-boggling) and loving the fact Egyptians at least the majority here are laid back and living the way they want!! no one tells them don't do this or that. until this story happened and I remembered why the hell I decided to get the F out of here. Sadly bro this sick and retarded way of thinking that has been brewing since the late seventies with the rise of the beards and the Saudi funding that came along with it... ironically Saudi Arabia that actually bamboozled us have ditched this backward way of thinking ( my wife and I were visiting my mum in Saudi and even though I was born there I simply didn't recognize the country... tells you a lot).

Egypt was many things sadly!! you mention knowledge let me mention culture!! because the pop culture coming out of Egypt today is kin to a shitty river of sewage!! you might disagree with what I will say now, hell you might think I'm being a douchebag but I thought the music scene for example, and how shitty it is was due to the lower uneducated classes boy was I fucking wrong!!! did you know that "educated" people actually play that maharagan Garbage?! so if your educated class supports the spread of this cancer then it comes as no shock that we are the cesspool of the region!! thats one example amongst many...

I never bought into the "Egyptians are religious by nature " bs and in all honesty, these idiots hiding behind religion are the ones that need to be eradicated so this country can have a future. I'm sick and tired of people insisting el-Azhar doesn't need reform hell I think its time the elephant in the room is addressed. I am sick and tired of the ridiculous amount of religious programs here dedicated to answering the dumbest questions ever!!! I have no business with anyone doing whatever he or she wants, want to drink please do, want to fuck please do, want to tattoo every inch of your body please do, want to be a homosexual or atheist or whatever please do, why do we as a society concern our selves?!?!? why do we always use religion even though the same people who use religion don't follow its teachings? wherein Islam for example is it ok to be the guardian of heaven and hell?? wherein Islam is it acceptable to keep saying this person is so going to hell without any feelings of sympathy to the deceased parents!!! its DISGUSTING. you don't want to support her or her cause good for you, you don't want to wish her peace in her death please do but shut up and leave people the freedom to choose what they want with out being labeled.

so yeah there is no hope and sorry for the rant you did touch a nerve :)
p.s hope you are doing well bro: beer:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree with every single word! I've been stuck in bohemian Dahab for the past 3 months enjoying the scene ( why didn't I come here earlier is mind-boggling) and loving the fact Egyptians at least the majority here are laid back and living the way they want!! no one tells them don't do this or that. until this story happened and I remembered why the hell I decided to get the F out of here. Sadly bro this sick and retarded way of thinking that has been brewing since the late seventies with the rise of the beards and the Saudi funding that came along with it... ironically Saudi Arabia that actually bamboozled us have ditched this backward way of thinking ( my wife and I were visiting my mum in Saudi and even though I was born there I simply didn't recognize the country... tells you a lot).

Egypt was many things sadly!! you mention knowledge let me mention culture!! because the pop culture coming out of Egypt today is kin to a shitty river of sewage!! you might disagree with what I will say now, hell you might think I'm being a douchebag but I thought the music scene for example, and how shitty it is was due to the lower uneducated classes boy was I fucking wrong!!! did you know that "educated" people actually play that maharagan Garbage?! so if your educated class supports the spread of this cancer then it comes as no shock that we are the cesspool of the region!! thats one example amongst many...

I never bought into the "Egyptians are religious by nature " bs and in all honesty, these idiots hiding behind religion are the ones that need to be eradicated so this country can have a future. I'm sick and tired of people insisting el-Azhar doesn't need reform hell I think its time the elephant in the room is addressed. I am sick and tired of the ridiculous amount of religious programs here dedicated to answering the dumbest questions ever!!! I have no business with anyone doing whatever he or she wants, want to drink please do, want to fuck please do, want to tattoo every inch of your body please do, want to be a homosexual or atheist or whatever please do, why do we as a society concern our selves?!?!? why do we always use religion even though the same people who use religion don't follow its teachings? wherein Islam for example is it ok to be the guardian of heaven and hell?? wherein Islam is it acceptable to keep saying this person is so going to hell without any feelings of sympathy to the deceased parents!!! its DISGUSTING. you don't want to support her or her cause good for you, you don't want to wish her peace in her death please do but shut up and leave people the freedom to choose what they want with out being labeled.

so yeah there is no hope and sorry for the rant you did touch a nerve :)
p.s hope you are doing well bro: beer:
7abibi. I agree with everything you said. It's shameful, disgraceful that we still need to discuss and address these issues in the 21st century. Sadly, this herd mentality is not limited to or only prevalent in the Middle East, and the number of stupid people in this world seems to increase every year.

Thailand is by no means a Utopia: corruption, incompetent governance, blatant racism are all evident here, not to mention Thais in general are not the smartest people and sorely lack critical thinking skills. However, no one will ever approach you and even threaten you to adopt their point of view as is the case in Egypt. As my dad, a man who actually fought and bled for the country said "This country is hopeless, and you are dealing with subhumans, ashbah bana2admeen."

I don't see anything changing because in order for true reform to occur, you need to eradicate an entire way of thinking and confine this generation and the next to the annals of history, let them be forgotten, and rebuild from scratch. Being obnoxious and confrontational is the new form of courage and chivalry in contemporary Egypt. I try to avoid going back, but I do miss my parents and some of my friends, so it's inevitable. I guess when you're only there for a few weeks every 18-24 months, the torrid state of affairs isn't as evident, but you are still exposed to certain aspects and elements that leave you baffled and wondering when, why, and how did it come to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)