General News & Politics (17 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There are going to be a lot of decent candidates trying to be heard. Hopefully it doesn't divide the party as much as Bernie and Hillary did in 2016.
I don't think this happened at all. Bernie galvanized the youth, while Hillary was just wildly unpopular (yet still won the popular vote). Young people would've come out in droves to vote for Bernie, they stayed home for Hillary. And of course, the whole superdelegate thing...

I already see similar comments similar to what I saw in 2016, this time against people like Booker, Harris, and Warren. If you can get someone to unite the more left-leaning voters as well as mainstream Democrats, they win easy imo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I doubt it can be saved at this pooint. And I doubt such damage can be repaired on such an old building. It was (is) a symbol of Paris. Such a horrible thing to happen.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:sad: Just saw this.

Sucks to lose a building like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the walls can stay intact, with "only" the roof being destroyed? Would still suck, but better than nothing at this point.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
apparently fire started during renovations work

Really fucking tragic, even if it takes 100 years I hope they can rebuild it

Never managed to visit Paris and see it live, unfortunately

Probably just god's punishment marking the end of western civililization and punishment for sinners who enforced muslim invasion, their souls be damned forever

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Spire already collapsed. It might've been due to renovation work in the building.
I somehow doubt that. I doubt they'd hire amateurs for such works.

:sad: Just saw this.

Sucks to lose a building like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the walls can stay intact, with "only" the roof being destroyed? Would still suck, but better than nothing at this point.
I'm afraid that majority of the building is made by wood. I might be wrong. But I doubt it would be easy to fix either way. They can't handle the fire, it's fucking huge.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The majority of the inside of the building is indeed made of wood. It's nickname is "The Forest", because of the amount of wood that was used.

They said that the Crown of Thorns are in the treasury in that church.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)