General News & Politics (22 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
You don’t want me making a thread on this topic. @Dostoevsky

Trending in the right direction. :shifty:
This is the biggest threat for mankind. We don’t talk about it but one of our main priorities should be developing the necessary technology to hit comets or asteroids so they won’t reach earth. NASA already successfully tried it with a comet last year but anyway we should continue developing that technology. We pass trough the Taurid meteor stream every year and it already caused mass extinction events in the past. In my opinion this should be a bigger priority than colonising Mars.

Comets hitting planets are one of the most normal things in the universe, just look to the moon or mars. We don’t see it here or tend to forget that it happens because the impact craters will be covered by trees, sea or ice, but in order to safe our species from this threat we should definitely talk about it more often.

AI, nukes or viruses are nothing compared to missing a huge comet on the radar. This has the potential to send a handful of people straight back to the Stone Age while killing 99% of the rest of the population.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is the biggest threat for mankind. We don’t talk about it but one of our main priorities should be developing the necessary technology to hit comets or asteroids so they won’t reach earth. NASA already successfully tried it with a comet last year but anyway we should continue developing that technology. We pass trough the Taurid meteor stream every year and it already caused mass extinction events in the past. In my opinion this should be a bigger priority than colonising Mars.

Comets hitting planets are one of the most normal things in the universe, just look to the moon or mars. We don’t see it here or tend to forget that it happens because the impact craters will be covered by trees, sea or ice, but in order to safe our species from this threat we should definitely talk about it more often.

AI, nukes or viruses are nothing compared to missing a huge comet on the radar. This has the potential to send a handful of people straight back to the Stone Age while killing 99% of the rest of the population.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Just about a week ago a comet went trough the space between the earth and the moon btw. On a universal scale this is nothing

https://amp.theguardian.com/science...oid-to-pass-harmlessly-between-earth-and-moon
Over 8 billion years with a good 5-6 known mass extinction events (in which we are in one now), I'd say odds favor our own civilization self-destruction over any asteroid.

Like Ali Khamenei's grand nephew gets beta cuck access to GPT-5 and prompt engineers, "How do I take Supreme Leader's enriched uranium and take out the planet, inshallah."

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yo @icemaη ! Thoughts on the recent Coastal Karnataka election results?

After the weird vibes of riling up peeps for hijjab and halal meat bans, I don't suspect there's any restoration of sanity there necessarily. But wondering what the word is closer to the ground regarding the BJP dynamics... Curious minds, yo. And hope you're not getting pogromed by any of that. :dule:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I just saw a rally of 2.2 million people in support of Erdogan in a YT video

Is he going to win again? I want to know what the people of Turkey think..

And besides it's weird to see how many muslims particularly from South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) desperately want Erdogan to retain power.

While these are the same sections that claim and complain that India is heading towards becoming a dictatorship

As long as Turkish dictatorship is favorable towards Muslim ummah, it's fine I guess :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)