General News & Politics (10 Viewers)

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
I'm not sure where the guy is getting that report from, so it could be nonsense. However, this guy below did predict the Turkey quake. I'm not sure what his methods are, but he seems to be a legit researcher. I guess he models planetary movements and lunar geometry.

Looks like he's been banging on about this subject for days, but I don't see him predicting quakes everywhere all the time.
Saying sooner or later there will be a massive earthquake in one of the most active seismic zones is not a prediction. We know that. It's like saying sooner or later a massive hurricane will hit Florida. The tweet is just a coincidence. Looking at the other tweets from this guy he's talking about planetary geometry predicting earthquakes, nonsense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Saying sooner or later there will be a massive earthquake in one of the most active seismic zones is not a prediction. We know that. It's like saying sooner or later a massive hurricane will hit Florida. The tweet is just a coincidence. Looking at the other tweets from this guy he's talking about planetary geometry predicting earthquakes, nonsense.
Maybe. I did some searching and didn't find many peer reviewed research articles on planetary alignment causing seismic activity, but did find this one paper.

https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/catalog/7302130

I don't have enough background in the area to say whether this is a pseudo-science or not, but I do have a B.S. in meteorology, so I can follow the scientific method. Sometimes I think folks can be too quick to judge in one way or the other when they really don't know much about the subject at all. I see this all the time in weather and climate topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)