General News & Politics (37 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Getting closer, and closer, and closer...

How bizarre would it be if Russia goes through all of this and nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Vaccines don't work, says the neanderthals.
You and I disagree on a lot of things, but I don’t even know what to say when people disagree with every piece of available evidence. It’s bizarre. I get (and agree with) the position of healthy young people saying they should get to make the choice themselves. I get arguing that masks and other measures shouldn’t be mandated. But saying they haven’t helped at all and don’t do anything is just bizarre to me. Masks can be effective at reducing transmission (the degree of which is what can be argued), and vaccines help prevent serious illness and death, without invalidating the argument they shouldn’t be mandated. It’s like some people think if they concede what studies and available evidence have shown, then they have to concede mandates are right, which isn’t true at all.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Getting closer, and closer, and closer...

How bizarre would it be if Russia goes through all of this and nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Vaccines don't work, says the neanderthals.
Short term, how fucked are the rest of the world? Do we start seeing supply chains get disrupted again? On the face of it, I don't think so. But then again, what do I know.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Short term, how fucked are the rest of the world? Do we start seeing supply chains get disrupted again? On the face of it, I don't think so. But then again, what do I know.
The West have a sanctions package prepared (which obv is not likely to keep Russia from invading), as always those work two ways, not only Russia, but also West will suffer from those sanctions and of course also from the counter sanctions of Russia. Gas supply in Europe and what happens to VTB Bank and Sberbank are two things I'm interested to see how they'll play out.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The biggest winners of this war will be:

1. US gas and military equipment corporations.
2. Russia will earn respect on the diplomatic scene by showing that there are lines that can't be crossed. Short term they will have some economic losses for sure.

The biggest losers will be:

1. Ukraine.
2. European nations depending on Russian fossil fuels. They should embrace for an energy crisis.

At least this is my poorly informed opinion.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

2. Russia will earn respect on the diplomatic scene by showing that there are lines that can't be crossed. Short term they will have some economic losses for sure.

1. Ukraine.
2. European nations depending on Russian fossil fuels. They should embrace for an energy crisis.

Russia wont win shit from this war except extending Putin's tenure. As usual, the Russian people will continue suffering the consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

The West have a sanctions package prepared (which obv is not likely to keep Russia from invading), as always those work two ways, not only Russia, but also West will suffer from those sanctions and of course also from the counter sanctions of Russia. Gas supply in Europe and what happens to VTB Bank and Sberbank are two things I'm interested to see how they'll play out.
The only truly effective sanctions would be those targeting the Russian elite's assets and family members in the West. That could turn them against Putin.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ok but cutting the gas supply would hurt Russia's budget too.
Europe can find alternative suppliers, but can Russia find alternative buyers?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The only little diference is, that seatbelts actualy saves lives
Some people are just plain stoopid, right?

Russia pulling out troops I hear :shifty:
Perhaps Ukraine agreed to sacrifice their NATO bid?
Russian "diplomacy". While they're distracted pulling back their troops, Putin probably now has electronic access to all the bank accounts of all the Ukraine cabinet ministers.

Aug 26, 2014

1. Ukraine.

Well it's obvious who is pushing the most for war, the ones that stand to make the most profit out of it. Also Nato is just getting closer and closer to Russia for decades and just pushing one button after another. Plus with the recent events in Kazakhstan, Russia has no choice but to act, we'll see how it goes but I hope it doesn't come to a war and the whole situation escalates. As for the economic side Europe is too dependent on gas and the Nord Stream 2 pipeline we'll see how it goes I don't believe there are going to be sanctions there unless something major happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia wont win shit from this war except extending Putin's tenure. As usual, the Russian people will continue suffering the consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

The only truly effective sanctions would be those targeting the Russian elite's assets and family members in the West. That could turn them against Putin.
Man USA and West Europe need to stop making Russia to be like the boogieman and get you all riled up. What the west is doing and always done is going after their own interest of taking resources and fucking up countries for decades and using their own appointed leaders(dictators) to do their bidding. And where they can't do that they try the sneaky way with insurrections and demonstrations and act all noble and shit. Just stop.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Can someone explain to me the "NATO is getting closer to Russia" argument? Shouldnt the Baltics or Ukraine or any independent country be able to decide for themselves which alliance they want to join? Instead Russia are acting like they were the biological parent and then NATO came and poached their children away and now will use them to invade Russia, thats crazy.

Aug 26, 2014
Can someone explain to me the "NATO is getting closer to Russia" argument? Shouldnt the Baltics or Ukraine or any independent country be able to decide for themselves which alliance they want to join? Instead Russia are acting like they were the biological parent and then NATO came and poached their children away and now will use them to invade Russia, thats crazy.
Yes but the cold war ended on terms that Nato wont jeopardize and expend around Russia. The Baltic countries and others were supposed to be the buffer zone. As for independent countries making there own decisions are you fucking kidding me, the western hypocrites are always dictating what other countries should and should not do.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Man USA and West Europe need to stop making Russia to be like the boogieman and get you all riled up. What the west is doing and always done is going after their own interest of taking resources and fucking up countries for decades and using their own appointed leaders(dictators) to do their bidding. And where they can't do that they try the sneaky way with insurrections and demonstrations and act all noble and shit. Just stop.
Interesting, sounds exactly like what Russia has been doing since 17th century. We Poles know a thing or two about it.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Who said that Russia are not to blame as well. My point was that western countries should shut up because they do the same and in many cases worse.
Yep, both sides are with blood on their hands. No point in taking any side but I agree that it looks like the side that wants the war the most are the US and their closest allies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well it's obvious who is pushing the most for war, the ones that stand to make the most profit out of it. Also Nato is just getting closer and closer to Russia for decades and just pushing one button after another. Plus with the recent events in Kazakhstan, Russia has no choice but to act, we'll see how it goes but I hope it doesn't come to a war and the whole situation escalates. As for the economic side Europe is too dependent on gas and the Nord Stream 2 pipeline we'll see how it goes I don't believe there are going to be sanctions there unless something major happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont care what the West says or does, I suffer from Russia first hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, both sides are with blood on their hands. No point in taking any side but I agree that it looks like the side that wants the war the most are the US and their closest allies.
There is something called "lesser evil", and that lesser evil is not Russia. In 2022 specifically.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I dont care what the West says or does, I suffer from Russia first hand.

- - - Updated - - -

There is something called "lesser evil", and that lesser evil is not Russia.
My country has suffered from both :stuckup:

I disagree. US foreign policy has done far more damage in the last 30 years than any other country. And I also dislike Russia, China and all the others crazy authoritarian regimes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)