General News & Politics (27 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Very good speech think i posted about it when he first made it a couple of weeks ago, let's see how he does in the debates, but i think his views are too extreme to stand a chance.
Yup, for an outsider looking in most of it is spot on. Although politically Id consider it a missed opportunity to not mention any famous French persons with afro background, e.g. Dumas pere.

if his wiki page is correct, stuff like quitting Nato, closer friendship with Putin, limiting women in politics etc do seem a bit too cookoo to stand a chance against Macron

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yup, for an outsider looking in most of it is spot on. Although politically Id consider it a missed opportunity to not mention any famous French persons with afro background, e.g. Dumas pere.

if his wiki page is correct, stuff like quitting Nato, closer friendship with Putin, limiting women in politics etc do seem a bit too cookoo to stand a chance against Macron
Yeah the women thing will cost him a lot.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

What do you think about this speech?
He can start saving France from Immigrants by going back where he came from. A lot of the issues of assimilation and integration come from North African immigrants such as himself. Since he advocates group level theories about whats wrong with France, he belongs to arguably one of the worst.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
He can start saving France from Immigrants by going back where he came from. A lot of the issues of assimilation and integration come from North African immigrants such as himself. Since he advocates group level theories about whats wrong with France, he belongs to arguably one of the worst.
He is 100% assimilated. Also he migrated to France because him and his people were literally getting slaughtered in algeria. It's really simple, i hate france and would never want to live there, the logical choice would be to go somewhere else not go to the french and tell them to adapt to what i like.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He is 100% assimilated. Also he migrated to France because him and his people were literally getting slaughtered in algeria. It's really simple, i hate france and would never want to live there, the logical choice would be to go somewhere else not go to the french and tell them to adapt to what i like.
Yes, but you are now looking at his individual case. While he practices identity politics at its finest. He makes blanket statements about groups of people, but when we look at him we should look at the merits of his individual case?

Also he's 100% assimilated? that's completely subjective and depends who you ask. Sounds to me like a self loathing North African overcompensating for the fact that he isn't originally white European. Doesn't he warn about the replacement of White European native population by non Europeans? Well what better example to set than take his North African Jewish self somewhere it belongs?

I don't disagree by the way that its silly of people to go to a country and expect the country to adapt to them, but that's besides the point here. I wouldn't have an issue personally if he limited his opposition only to those who don't assimilate. But that's not what he's doing, is it?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yes, but you are now looking at his individual case. While he practices identity politics at its finest. He makes blanket statements about groups of people, but when we look at him we should look at the merits of his individual case?

Also he's 100% assimilated? that's completely subjective and depends who you ask. Sounds to me like a self loathing North African overcompensating for the fact that he isn't originally white European. Doesn't he warn about the replacement of White European native population by non Europeans? Well what better example to set than take his North African Jewish self somewhere it belongs?

I don't disagree by the way that its silly of people to go to a country and expect the country to adapt to them, but that's besides the point here. I wouldn't have an issue personally if he limited his opposition only to those who don't assimilate. But that's not what he's doing, is it?
Not familiar much with his stances beyond the speech, but that last part of your post I thought was exactly what he was aiming for - that integration/assimilation is crucial and only possible if done at reasonable numbers.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

You are the one who brought up his individual case :D denying he is assimilated is a waste of time really, not only that but he is a great orator you go after him like that in a debate you getting chewed.
Denying existence of problems everyone can see is exactly the reason people like zemmour who has been a 2 bit journalist his whole life all of a sudden get the second most vote percentage in presidential primaries.

Quite simply, not all cultures are created equal, bringing people from say ireland is not the same as say bangladesh. Not only that but the numbers do matter too. It's the same in the US with the hart celler act.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You are the one who brought up his individual case :D denying he is assimilated is a waste of time really, not only that but he is a great orator you go after him like that in a debate you getting chewed.
Denying existence of problems everyone can see is exactly the reason people like zemmour who has been a 2 bit journalist his whole life all of a sudden get the second most vote percentage in presidential primaries.

Quite simply, not all cultures are created equal, bringing people from say ireland is not the same as say bangladesh. Not only that but the numbers do matter too. It's the same in the US with the hart celler act
I mean actually looking at individual cases is the way to go, thats the whole point. What i was trying to do was play identity politics the way he does. He generalizes over whole populations, and warns about the replacement of native White European Christians. A group he does not belong to. If we're playing the identity politics game, he is a North African immigrant whose managed to weasel his way into the top of right wing politics. Whether he's a great orator or would chew me up in a discussion is absolutely irrelevant, it doesn't change that he is not a native white european, and if he's really afraid of the threat the natives are being replaced, how is it not a great step from him to say, I'll start with myself first and go back to Algeria, or even Israel if he's afraid of persecution. At least he'd be consistent then.

Btw, i do not disagree with the bolded part. I live in Europe, i lived in Rotterdam before, where some of the worst neighborhoods nobody would go to were Morrocan/Turkish/Surinamese. Is it more significantly likely that an Irishman would assimilate and integrate in France or NL than a Moroccan? Of course it is, you'd have to be so far left to deny that. But you can't condemn a whole people based on that, and you don't make blanket statements about a whole populace. and if we take your point that he's fully assimilated, then he's the best example of that, ironically.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I mean actually looking at individual cases is the way to go, thats the whole point. What i was trying to do was play identity politics the way he does. He generalizes over whole populations, and warns about the replacement of native White European Christians. A group he does not belong to. If we're playing the identity politics game, he is a North African immigrant whose managed to weasel his way into the top of right wing politics. Whether he's a great orator or would chew me up in a discussion is absolutely irrelevant, it doesn't change that he is not a native white european, and if he's really afraid of the threat the natives are being replaced, how is it not a great step from him to say, I'll start with myself first and go back to Algeria, or even Israel if he's afraid of persecution. At least he'd be consistent then.

Btw, i do not disagree with the bolded part. I live in Europe, i lived in Rotterdam before, where some of the worst neighborhoods nobody would go to were Morrocan/Turkish/Surinamese. Is it more significantly likely that an Irishman would assimilate and integrate in France or NL than a Moroccan? Of course it is, you'd have to be so far left to deny that. But you can't condemn a whole people based on that, and you don't make blanket statements about a whole populace. and if we take your point that he's fully assimilated, then he's the best example of that, ironically.
Because he simply adheres as i said wholeheartedly to the french culture. Also it's not about condemning or calling people good or bad, ultimately it's what works for a society as a whole and imo mass migration from those countries jas been overall a failure.

By the way i think he will destroy macron in a debate, the only person i seen him struggle with is tariq ramadan.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I’m guessing an alien attack is going to take place in 2032 according to your calendar?
Onkel Adi joke most likely, but definitely looks like both camps getting more and more radical as time goes on, so idk, there might be the right time for politicians like him, even if it seems rather unlikely for now.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Onkel Adi joke most likely, but definitely looks like both camps getting more and more radical as time goes on, so idk, there might be the right time for politicians like him, even if it seems rather unlikely for now.
that was a joke. There’s certainly a right wing push in many democratic countries, although at some point there should be an antithesis to balance it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)