General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (30 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't think it's random.
The game is set up so that it makes you invest real money in it to "catch up" investing players.
So for that to happen, games are scripted and decided by algorithms.
This started to happen at least since fifa 13.
Last I played was fifa 17.
I remember playing 2 games one losing 4 - 3 after leading 3 - 0 at half time. In the second half it was like my players were playing uphill.
It's actually easy to spot, as they refuse to make runs off the ball even if I trigger them to, or actually start to make a run, but stop without completing the process, or opposing defenders catch speeding attackers without a problem while beaing far away.
This simptomps are a sign that you aren't supposed to win that game.
The next game I won a game after a 2-0 at half time, with a goal scored from 35 meters and the last goal coming in the 90th minute, in a game I never should have won, based on the first half, because that guy was way above my league. It was the last game of fifa FUT I played.

And I actually understand the concept.
If a good player defetes a bad player on 95% of time, the only way to make the bad player continue to play the game and spend money is by handicapping the good player.
It has become a pay to win game.

And just for reference. In that video a 3:40, there is no way the player doesn't clear the ball in a fair game. The whole play is just broken and that happens way to often in FUT.
It's obvious that the player pressed clear as the player started to make the clear motion, yet the AI stops him, just so the opponent scores a goal without merit.
That dude is hilarious :lol:

Watch this one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
There were those two mobsters I should get out of the way, but they fucked me up good each time I tried.

So I was hiding in the bushes, waited til it was dark and beat them to death while they were sleeping next to their cozy campfire.

Thoughts? @CrimsonianKing

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about a game, just so we clear :shifty:
Learn to use the bow!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is actually a very interesting move. A lot of games will be affected. Remains to be seen if this is a good thing or not
For sure. It's the biggest deal in the gaming industry, insane amount of money. Despite WoW being shit recently, I think it still makes 1 billion per year. Call of Duty also earns huge cash so those 68mln are kinda understandable. Blizzard has gone through a shitstorm over the past six months so it's no surprise imo. If anything I'm really glad this happened because Activision fucking sucks and manages to destroy everything. Metaverse seems to be affecting everything at this point. I suppose WoW will go under Game Pass but nobody really knows what's yet going to happen.

May 26, 2016
For sure. It's the biggest deal in the gaming industry, insane amount of money. Despite WoW being shit recently, I think it still makes 1 billion per year. Call of Duty also earns huge cash so those 68mln are kinda understandable. Blizzard has gone through a shitstorm over the past six months so it's no surprise imo. If anything I'm really glad this happened because Activision fucking sucks and manages to destroy everything. Metaverse seems to be affecting everything at this point. I suppose WoW will go under Game Pass but nobody really knows what's yet going to happen.
Agreed.

I highly doubt Blizzard will go back to its "golden age" anyways, but the ownership of Activision was a terrible period for Blizzard, so i guess it cant be any worse than under them.

Im hoping they try to bring back some of the old team back and hire people that really care about wow or their other games (a lot of them quit or jumped ship).

Also, we might see a lot of these games turn up in Gamepass, which will make the games cheaper and more accesible and thats surely a good thing.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Sounds too harsh to say they take away something. It's not stealing. They placed a bid and it was accepted. Takes balls for such a huge move too.
No no not stealing, but "taking away" from consumers in the sense that rather than the games these companies produce being available on all consoles, they'll most likely be exclusive to Xbox now. Just reduces choice.
Why?

- - - Updated - - -

I do too but it’s the only way they can compete with Sony. Sucks for the gamer though having to buy both consoles because of exclusive games.
If it comes down to it, I'll likely just buy whatever PC version of the game it is rather than buy another console if that's the case.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Activision, much like Bethesda, wanted to be purchased. They offered themselves to be purchased.

Their market cap being 50% of Sony's total market cap means a purchase there is unfeasible. So realistically we're talking MS, Tencent, or Facebook/Google/Amazon as the purchaser. MS is easily the best of that group and even if Sony was able to purchase Activsion MS is the best option.

I know with a MS purchase these games aren't coming off PC or won't see delayed release on PC. I cannot say the same for a Sony purchase. That alone makes MS the best option. Consolidation in the gaming industry has been coming for a long time. Tencent purchased over 100 developers in the last year or so. Facebook is moving into the space and pushing developers into their platform. Consolidation is unavoidable, much like other entertainment industries.

Knowing that, knowing that consolidation is unavoidable currently and up to a certain point, I really don't understand hating MS for making this purchase when Activision was shopping itself. Nevermind the massive corporate culture issues within Activision and, as much as someone might dislike MS, they have a strong positive corporate culture according to a lot of their internal employees and studios.

We could then dig deep into the current iteration of Activision production and see how the massive cashcow that is Call of Duty has basically FORCED the company and their studios into a perpetual development cycle of annually releasing Call of Duty. COVID has made this grueling grind untenable and Activision knows this and has spoken on it recently. We're talking buying massive studios and turning them into support studios for Call of Duty to push the games out. Studios like Toys for Bob (who went from a Crash return to Call of Duty support). This purchase will maybe see some relief to those studios as other recent MS purcahses have spoken at great lengths regarding the creative freedom and lack of pressure placed on them since their acquisition. Tim Schafer and Double Fine for example had their budget and timeline for Psychonauts 2 doubled to finish the game they wanted to make because MS wanted to let them do what they wanted. Schafer (industry legend, love this man) spoke at great lengths about this.

I think moving Call of duty to a once every 2 years type of game release schedule would be amazing as it allows the 4 mainline studios who make Call of Duty titles 8 years instead of 4 to develop their massive game. It gives them time to split teams off and work on what they want to work on, maybe create small AA titles. Whereas now, the breakneck pace at which these studios are required to pump out Call of Duty games makes any thought of creating some other IP or game impossible.

This post is already too long so I'll save discussing how this impacts Blizzard who also has been pushed to churn out annual titles by Activision and now might allow them more time and creativity to do what they want. NEVERMIND World of Warcraft maybe getting placed on Gamepass PC for everybody to play or even on consoles.

If any company NEEDED to be bought to save themselves from their internal issues it was Activision. I for one welcome our new Microsoft Macrohard Overlords.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)