General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (20 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cyberpunk is delayed.

Again.

Until November.

- - - Updated - - -

My friend owns one so I've played a few games before (Superhot is pretty fun :D), definitely fun but there was never that game or two that really pushed me over the edge to make the buy. This and PS5 supporting it too might just do it for me.

There was that one VR mission in Battlefront, but never any more :sigh:.
you should try playing Resident Evil 7 in VR. You will shit yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I got through 20 minutes of it, and I just couldn't do it anymore :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Cyberpunk is delayed.

Again.

Until November.

- - - Updated - - -

you should try playing Resident Evil 7 in VR. You will shit yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I got through 20 minutes of it, and I just couldn't do it anymore :lol:
Nooo no, I don't do horror :lol:. I watched my friend freak out while playing it though, was a fun time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I'm afraid of spoilers and review bombs if I wait lol. But if release is November and ps5 comes out December, yeah I would wait lol
Yeah, it will be hard to dodge all the spoilers coming from the every direction but I think it’ll be worth it to experience it first time on ps5. The only problem is that (if I’m not mistaken) they said it won’t be out right away with the new consoles. If I had to guess It should probably be out around March or sometime soon after.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I owned Sega mega drive (called genesis in north america), then switched to ps1. I tried sega Saturn but it was no good. Ps1 just a whole another planet in comparison.
Same. I had a Mega Drive, but before then I had a Famicom :D

I switched to a Playstation in 99, and a few months later the PS2 came out, so I bought one.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dreamcast was, and still is, my favorite console of all time. I would give anything to see Sega come out with a new console.

- - - Updated - - -

Remembering Sega Saturn right now thought it was really gonna rival PS1.

@Osman you ever owned SegaCD? Or Sega 32X?

I did. I had both. I can't even begin to tell you how fucking stupid the whole setup looked :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it will be hard to dodge all the spoilers coming from the every direction but I think it’ll be worth it to experience it first time on ps5. The only problem is that (if I’m not mistaken) they said it won’t be out right away with the new consoles. If I had to guess It should probably be out around March or sometime soon after.

Unless they have been working on it simultaneously, I highly doubt that it would be released that soon. It's a vastly different architecture.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The N64 could have, if it wasn't for Nintendo and their cartridges.

I remember when it came out. I was working at Electronics Boutique part time, and we had a demo kiosk set up with Super Mario 64. And yeah, the game looked incredible, no doubt about it. One day, the regional manager came in, and asked us what we thought about it. Just about everyone that was there stated how amazing it was.

And then I spoke up and said something. I said "Yeah, but, it's a cartridge. This is probably as good as it is going to get. Games coming out 2 years from now will probably look the same. This thing has already peaked, and it's not even officially out yet."

Yeah, they fired me the next day :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They fired you for what? :lol:

For stating my opinion that the N64 was going to fizzle out once people realized that Super Mario 64 was as good as it was going to get. And to quote Cronios, history proved me right. I think the console only sold 20 million units in North America.

- - - Updated - - -

They probably realized that I wasn't going to drink the Nintendo Kool Aid on this one.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol yeah N64 were doomed to flop, Nintendo's insistence on only first party games that were still peddling nostalgia instead of variety and zero 3rd party competiveness, that allways been nintendos post 2d gaming doom. They thinking that re-releasing the same 1st party more kid friendly games is all thats needed, and technically being behind the CD curve.

Its the same thing that doomed sega, no gaming catalogue to speak of. They were way too late with a last hail marry console, thats actual excellent hardware, but nothing to show for it (except the beloved shenmue). No customer loyalty because they released way too many outdated consoles throughout 90s, because they couldnt get past their arcade gaming thinking and playing catch up with trying to transition from 2d gaming to 3d gaming with saturn (they didnt even have their own 1st party games on it LOL). Just completely outdated.

Kudos to Xbox to actually being a legit competitor for Playstations inovating changes for their consoles since the first 1, both sega and nintendo fell flat at that since gaming went into the 3d gaming (they were kings with 2d gaming, but couldnt adapt or keep up after). Sega in particular, has to be the biggiest failed gaming console execs ever. Good thing for them they could fell back to developing games as 3rd party developers.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol yeah N64 were doomed to flop, Nintendo's insistence on only first party games that were still peddling nostalgia instead of variety and zero 3rd party competiveness, that allways been nintendos post 2d gaming doom. They thinking that re-releasing the same 1st party more kid friendly games is all thats needed, and technically being behind the CD curve.

Its the same thing that doomed sega, no gaming catalogue to speak of. They were way too late with a last hail marry console, thats actual excellent hardware, but nothing to show for it (except the beloved shenmue). No customer loyalty because they released way too many outdated consoles throughout 90s, because they couldnt get past their arcade gaming thinking and playing catch up with trying to transition from 2d gaming to 3d gaming with saturn (they didnt even have their own 1st party games on it LOL). Just completely outdated.

Kudos to Xbox to actually being a legit competitor for Playstations inovating changes for their consoles since the first 1, both sega and nintendo fell flat at that since gaming went into the 3d gaming (they were kings with 2d gaming, but couldnt adapt or keep up after). Sega in particular, has to be the biggiest failed gaming console execs ever. Good thing for them they could fell back to developing games as 3rd party developers.
Are you talking about the Dreamcast?

Nothing to show for it? The 2K sports series was started by Sega. Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone 1 and 2, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure among others. The first fully online game console.

Sega were ahead of their time on that console

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)