General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (47 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are you talking about the Dreamcast?

Nothing to show for it? The 2K sports series was started by Sega. Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone 1 and 2, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure among others. The first fully online game console.

Sega were ahead of their time on that console
They were ahead of their time for mere 6 months. Then PS2 launched and completely obliterated it technically, hardware, game selection, smart campaign, DVD popularity. Completely destroyed by it. Sega couldn't afford to keep it up and discontinued shortly after.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Are you talking about the Dreamcast?

Nothing to show for it? The 2K sports series was started by Sega. Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone 1 and 2, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure among others. The first fully online game console.

Sega were ahead of their time on that console
I loved phantasy star online (PSO)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They were ahead of their time for mere 6 months. Then PS2 launched and completely obliterated it technically, hardware, game selection, smart campaign, DVD popularity. Completely destroyed by it. Sega couldn't afford to keep it up and discontinued shortly after.

But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a great console with great software, Os.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a great console with great software, Os.
Was even on a Arsenal jersey one time, idk what really happened with Dreamcast have to read back on it sometime. Though I went for PS2 at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it Sega was always pushing first but always being over shadowed later, like gameboy came out Sega had nomad gamegear in color screen already but still went down in time. Sega has SegaCD before Sega Saturn in 1992 but still PlayStation came out with cd rom year or two later. Sega came out first with 128 bit game console but yet overshadowed by PS2 later 128 bit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wont read it :D I am expecting to get the game on friday (if special edition, if mail wont be too slow, would fvck up ze weekend lol), I want to play it with completely fresh mindset.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I wont read it :D I am expecting to get the game on friday (if special edition, if mail wont be too slow, would fvck up ze weekend lol), I want to play it with completely fresh mindset.

I'm going to play it twice. The first time in its origianl mode and color pallette. But the 2nd time, oh yeah. Old school samurai black and white style.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My brother says he will play entirely in black and white off the jump :lol:

Can you imagine my luck, this is a game I been waiting for 6 plus months, and I been home for 3 and half months with full pay from work. And my first back day to work is 4 in the morning saturday exactly when this game comes :p Will barely have time to play off the bat :D

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It seems Ghost of Tsushima is being praised by everyone. I'm having the same dilemma as with Cyberpunk; should I wait for the next gen version of the game or just play it now?

Well, while I won't be buying any brand new full price current gen games I couldn't resist and decided to rent it. Can't wait to Samurai the shit out of it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It seems Ghost of Tsushima is being praised by everyone. I'm having the same dilemma as with Cyberpunk; should I wait for the next gen version of the game or just play it now?

Well, while I won't be buying any brand new full price current gen games I couldn't resist and decided to rent it. Can't wait to Samurai the shit out of it.
I played a couple of hours on my brother's machine. Didn't do any quests or anything too in depth but the combat is a ton of fun

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ya'll Samurai's ever played Nioh 2?

No, because its a monster game, even if I like samurai lore, I just dont like games focusing too much on monsters/zombies/demons plots. Maybe the history buff in me, but I just prefer human adversaries for historical fiction. My brother likes Nioh, both games, and told me I'm silly for avoiding it for that reason, but meh, would be harder for me to get immersed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

just get it man, its almost half year away for PS5...This game is tons of fun in just the early couple hours I played. Beautiful, nice story, and AMAZINGLY engaging combat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)