General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (26 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I love the man, but if the gameplay is boring, it's boring. I'll watch the full playthrough for the graphics and cut scenes, but it's nothing i wanna play myself, as there is not much playing in it it seems.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I love the man, but if the gameplay is boring, it's boring. I'll watch the full playthrough for the graphics and cut scenes, but it's nothing i wanna play myself, as there is not much playing in it it seems.
Every time someone uses the word “boring” nowadays when reviewing a movie/game I automatically assume it’s amazing. Fucking millennial kids and their attention span of a goldfish.

Having said that I played it for an hour this morning, totally hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody wants fresh, new, bold ideas in gaming.

Until one comes along.

Just saying.
Yep. Let them stick to their copy and paste franchise games and marvel movies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Every time someone uses the word “boring” nowadays when reviewing a movie/game I automatically assume it’s amazing. Fucking millennial kids and their attention span of a goldfish.
That's not the case for me, i usually like slower paced games...and i hate "copy and paste franchise games and marvel movies." Kinda cheap way to try and discredit my opinion, old man.

God forbid i want my game to have interesting gameplay, and not just cinematic cutscenes after walking from place a to place b.

It most likely will devide the opinion of both, fans and critics in two, and for a reason.

I suppose those who like it are true gaming masterpiece connoisseurs, those who find it boring are "millennial kids and their attention span of a goldfish." What a dull way to look at it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The game itself isn't solely about walking, although that is the main form of transportation. It's about reconnecting a country.

People call it a walking simulator, but that's like calling Super Mario Bros a jumping simulator. It's how you get from point A to point B, for the most part, but that's not what the premise of the game is all about. It's a divisive game, but it's SUPPOSED to be. That was Kojima's whole point.

The game certainly isn't for everyone, but for someone like myself, who is all in on continuing to try to push the video game medium as an art form, I'm all for it. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy my yearly installment of COD, or romping through a haunted house in Luigi's Manion 3, or an improved version of Fallout in Outer Worlds, but sometimes I need something in my video games to make me think about why I am doing what I am doing.

Death Stranding is just that for me.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can take that, as long as the story is engaging. A large portion of Red Dead Redemption 2 was walking/riding from one end of the map to another as well, but it didn't matter because of how invested in the story you become.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I haven't even finished 1/3 of RDR2. I put it on hold for almost a year and grabbed it again yesterday. After playing for three hours straight I realized all I had done was fishing and playing dominos for three hours... and I am not sure what to do with that. Fishing simulations... any good ones out there?

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
I haven't even finished 1/3 of RDR2. I put it on hold for almost a year and grabbed it again yesterday. After playing for three hours straight I realized all I had done was fishing and playing dominos for three hours... and I am not sure what to do with that. Fishing simulations... any good ones out there?
Fishing Planet is probably the best, it's Online multiplayer.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The game itself isn't solely about walking, although that is the main form of transportation. It's about reconnecting a country.

People call it a walking simulator, but that's like calling Super Mario Bros a jumping simulator. It's how you get from point A to point B, for the most part, but that's not what the premise of the game is all about. It's a divisive game, but it's SUPPOSED to be. That was Kojima's whole point.

The game certainly isn't for everyone, but for someone like myself, who is all in on continuing to try to push the video game medium as an art form, I'm all for it. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy my yearly installment of COD, or romping through a haunted house in Luigi's Manion 3, or an improved version of Fallout in Outer Worlds, but sometimes I need something in my video games to make me think about why I am doing what I am doing.

Death Stranding is just that for me.
Today while trying to sneak past them I was detected by a BT. My wife entered the room and saw my despair and she got twice as stressed as me :lol3: baby crying, you being pulled and held by the dead , fucking dolphin monster that turns into a thing with tentacles... Man, Kojima is a weird dude with weird ideas for games

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL I’m about 6-7 hours in and yet to find a single boring moment. Still totally hooked. Maybe watching it and playing it are completely different experiences?
Good for you i guess. I still can't see how it's not boring. Kojima should just stick to making movies and leave out the gameplay at this point.

Guy is admittedly hit and miss, but i fully agree with him on this one:

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i watched a let's play if first 2 hours and lost interest.

then i watched the cinematic scenes fully till the end, and by god is kojima awful. the guy cannot write a good story or good characters.

lol at people calling it a fun game, but wouldnt be caught dead walking outside or delivring uber because of laziness.

i play games to escape reality. i dont wanna be a criminal, so i play gta. i dont wanna be in the army, so i play shooters.

never did i think, gee i really wanna be a farmer without actual rewards, or fedex driver....let me see if i can find a game like that.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think this is one of those cases where people like it simply because it's Kojima. Just like somebody would fap over any Juventus transfer just because.

Game itself looks boring as hell. Even if I tried it there's no way I'd ever return to it after exiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)