General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (34 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Got some Microsoft store credit from a friend, enough to buy any game for Xbox One. Any recommendations? I tried the FIFA 16 demo but didn't like it too much. I got NHL 15 already so I don't want to spend money on NHL 16, I think they'll be too similar. And I got a couple of Assassin's Creed games (not played either one yet though).

GTA 5 perhaps?

Buy on AliExpress.com

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Has anyone played Fire Emblem Awakening or TLOZ A Link Between Worlds? Thinking of getting one of them soon but I'm not too sure of which one should I get. I've never played Fire Emblem before but I really like strategy games.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Hmm how about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Great reviews and my kind of game I think (similar to Skyrim)

http://www.gamespot.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/
So months later I finally managed to finish it today. It's nothing short of amazing, a masterpiece. Easily best Fantasy RPG of modern times and probably of all time.

I'd place it above MGS as best game I've played this year.

Now it has set such a high bar Fallout will really have to be something else if it intends to grab the game of the year award.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
So months later I finally managed to finish it today. It's nothing short of amazing, a masterpiece. Easily best Fantasy RPG of modern times and probably of all time.

I'd place it above MGS as best game I've played this year.

Now it has set such a high bar Fallout will really have to be something else if it intends to grab the game of the year award.
Cheers, I think I'll go for it. :) First Xbox One game I'll buy actually ;)

BTW I got accepted into the Battleborn technical test, haven't tried it yet though, been too busy.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Do you mean because the default view is FPS now rather than TPS? Because really that's all the original Battlefront's were, shooting stuff as an avatar.
It seems to simplified. Not much skill involved.
^this

The scale is really small too, before it was like big battles and now it's more just running around in close quarters mostly and ranking up

The old ones were kind of less serious too, now it's more along the lines of battlefield or call of duty

just get fallout 4

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I suppose we had to expect a little of that COD input now when you consider how big and popular that format is, Star Wars/Lucas is big brand and they want big sales. The originals came out 10 years ago now, roughly the same time COD was starting, so things are different.

I don't think I'll buy Battlefront myself, Fallout will definitely be first (and my continuation with the AC series). I'll probably get someone to buy it me for Christmas or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)