General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (17 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
@CrimsonianKing @Gep @Badass Vidal

Is anyone watching this Gamescom conference?!?!?!!?

Fuck me sideways all these exclusives they are showing right now

- - - Updated - - -

Share Play is FINALLY coming with the 2.0 update, but I had no idea that the other person joining you to play online does not need to have a copy of the game.

That is awesome.
that can't be right surely? so basically someone can be playing fifa 15 and someone who doesn't have a copy can just join in? surely the game developers are losing out here?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
@CrimsonianKing @Gep @Badass Vidal

Is anyone watching this Gamescom conference?!?!?!!?

$#@! me sideways all these exclusives they are showing right now

- - - Updated - - -

Share Play is FINALLY coming with the 2.0 update, but I had no idea that the other person joining you to play online does not need to have a copy of the game.

That is awesome.
Bring......that......shiit......oooon!! :weee:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
that can't be right surely? so basically someone can be playing fifa 15 and someone who doesn't have a copy can just join in? surely the game developers are losing out here?
No, you are correct. That is exactly what it is. We can play competitively or co-op together.

Also, in a single player mode, if I am stuck somewhere, you can watch me play and give me pointers, or I can virtually "pass the controller" to you and let you take over.

- - - Updated - - -

This gamescom conference? Isn't it tomorrow? Link, please?

It just ended. Go to N4G to get the details and what took place.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Just did. Damn those exclusives :tuttosport: Until Dawn, Wild, Bloodthorne...

I'm glad i didn't go for an Xbox one when you couldn't find PS4s anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you are correct. That is exactly what it is. We can play competitively or co-op together.

Also, in a single player mode, if I am stuck somewhere, you can watch me play and give me pointers, or I can virtually "pass the controller" to you and let you take over.
Wow. Gotta give props to Sony.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Wild seems to be the most interesting title imo. An online open world survival game where you can be anything in the game. Could be ground breaking if it works.

"This is the reason why the world of WiLD is the size of Europe, with dynamic weather and seasons, and filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless.

Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before. But… the best feature came from our prototyping phase when we started playing as wolves, horses, sheep and… even trout! So we decided that in WiLD every creature should be playable, even the giant and dangerous ones!
All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you."

Damn, son.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Good, might be able to give klin some pointers on how to play fifa then

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
oh fair enough, yeah I couldn't run any new-ish games on my old PC. new one kicks ass though :p can play shogun 2 on all max settings and doesn't start to lag until there's like 15,000 soldiers on the field.

weird though, is that empire & napoleon both lag on max settings even in small battles and they look worse too as they're older obviously. must be badly optimised.
Max settings are like a myth to me, I'm not even sure they exist :p.

There are A LOT of things weird with Empire. I had such high hopes for that game too.

- - - Updated - - -

A family basically. Well, you are the ruling king or lord or baron or whatever title the character is you choose.

I had a hard time getting into it at first as well because it is so damn deep. But then I looked for some youtube tutorials and found a couple that do a ncie job of explaining the basics and getting you started. Once i got through that it was a lot more fun and interesting.

Great place to start is in Ireland for your first games.

One thing i did not like about the game was the massive armies that could be created and all the fucking crusades and jihads. It gets out of control.
But if you decide to play as Naples, then God help you because that's all you'll get. There are two Youtube tutorials for Naples, one uses cheats and the other is pretty much a video series of what not to do.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I really hope it isn't gonna be as hard and painful as Dark Souls. As much as i like it i really can't spend months playing something i'll be dying every 10 seconds. Gotta admit though, the whole Victorean gothic horror theme gives it such the atmosphere.
I really hope it's harder than Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but I'm a huge From Soft fanboy and I'm spending like 600 hours or more for every game thus not playing much else :D

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
P.T.

Download it. It should be on the PSN store.

You'll be in for a surprise when you find out what it really is.
Dowloading it now. Fuck, a Silent Hill game with Hideo Kojima and Del Toro both involved with development? It's gonna be huge!

I love the Resident Evil and Alone in the Dark series, i grew up with them but Silent Hill 1 and 2 took you to another level of horror. There's something not right about those 2 games, it's psychological message is insane and macabre.

On another note, there seems to be a survival horror game revival kind of thing going on lately. Lovely.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Empire is probably my 2nd favourite after Shogun 2. I conquered the world like 3 times :D
There were just so many bugs though, wasn't even able to play it when I first bought it because it would just crash to desktop. So much more that could have been done. There was unfinished code in the game files for a family tree that never got completed, for example. After it was all patched up I did enjoy it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)