General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (23 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anyone that plays "path of exile" ?
I played while it was open beta and it was amazing.

I pretty much stopped because I lost interested to play games but otherwise game was pretty damn great. I actually wanted to go back to it a couple of days ago but decided not to.

I love the fact how it offers huge ass talent tree which leads to 1000 different paths. It's totally unique and IMO the best 'copy' of Diablo II. One of the best RPGs out there without a doubt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I played while it was open beta and it was amazing.

I pretty much stopped because I lost interested to play games but otherwise game was pretty damn great. I actually wanted to go back to it a couple of days ago but decided not to.

I love the fact how it offers huge ass talent tree which leads to 1000 different paths. It's totally unique and IMO the best 'copy' of Diablo II. One of the best RPGs out there without a doubt.
Great to hear this :tup:

Just started it, level 11 Witch now, and i was like "whatafaq is this huge ass talent tree" :tongue:

But currently i'm wondering, whats the end game content

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
no it looks shit. :p supposed to be extremely buggy and really bad AI plus just overall poor design. basically rushed and failure.

shogun 2 is the best :agree: if you haven't played that and fall of the samurai play that

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Anyone knows anything about this? It says it'll be revealed tomorrow at 18:00 BST.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are saying it's this and it will support Project Morpheus. For old farts like me who grew up with Alone in the Dark... Daaamn :tuttosport:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
About Path of Exile, i like the game very much, and especially they way they implemented their grind

Diablo 3 : Just grind and grind like a mofo, get items that might be worth something to other players, save till u got x million, buy OP weapon from auctionhouse

Path of Exile : Run instances on farm, if possible MF-farm, drop the exact legendaries you need as base material. Then farm the orbs that alter the sockets and properties of your legendary. Use these orbs to get the exact effects on the item you want to get. Then arrange the sockets the way you want them. Then make sure the gems you want (passive skills/active skills/support skills) are interacting in the right way, with other orbs.
And voila, there is your desired build.
Alternatively, farm orbs and trade for other orbs. or sell the items you dropped but werent the one you needed for other orbs.

Kinda like that approach. When you finish a legendary, you have the feeling its your legendary cause you put all the work into it.

The only thing i dont like, is that with a 1400 point passive skill tree, there is barely skill reset. Wich kinda sucks if you want to change a small aspect.

I get it, they want you to reroll different classes. And its a good thing. But i'm not gonna reroll cause i've decided my summoner should be physical minions and survivability instead of magical minions and craptons of burst.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I was reading more into the game I posted above and damn, Sony is really confident it'll be big, huge.

They're not only teasing the hell out of it with 3 trailers out, they're also saying it will reinvent the horror genre.

I'm rather curious.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
no it looks shit. :p supposed to be extremely buggy and really bad AI plus just overall poor design. basically rushed and failure.

shogun 2 is the best :agree: if you haven't played that and fall of the samurai play that
What a shame :sigh:

I've heard it was, but since I've heard such amazing things about Europa Universalis I think I'll have to go with that since I've been wanting to buy one :p.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
it's the best TW game imo, you should really try it.

- - - Updated - - -

EU looks kinda boring tbh :p like total war except without the battles (i.e. the best part)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That's another problem, my computer can hardly run any decently-sized battle in TW. EUIII doesn't require much so it works. EUIV was too much for my laptop, for example. That's how bad it is. So many things I need to buy once I get a job.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
oh fair enough, yeah I couldn't run any new-ish games on my old PC. new one kicks ass though :p can play shogun 2 on all max settings and doesn't start to lag until there's like 15,000 soldiers on the field.

weird though, is that empire & napoleon both lag on max settings even in small battles and they look worse too as they're older obviously. must be badly optimised.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
EU looks kinda boring tbh :p like total war except without the battles (i.e. the best part)
Can't be really compared. TW series is mostly about military aspect of the world while EU series is strictly political and economical game. Trust me, the EU series will suck you in like young Pamela Anderson if you give it a try.

I also highly recommend other Paradox games especially Crusader Kings 2 which is mostly focusing on Middle Ages dynastic struggle. You can conquer the whole world there without a single battle if you marry wisely ;).

Jul 10, 2006
Can't be really compared. TW series is mostly about military aspect of the world while EU series is strictly political and economical game. Trust me, the EU series will suck you in like young Pamela Anderson if you give it a try.

I also highly recommend other Paradox games especially Crusader Kings 2 which is mostly focusing on Middle Ages dynastic struggle. You can conquer the whole world there without a single battle if you marry wisely ;).
CK2 is such a cool game. Sadly it is messed up for me, i can't play more than 15-20 mins without a CTD, but thats a issue with my macbook being a bit too old. Really wish I could play it. Also would like to get EU4 or whatever the newest one was. They make some great games.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Yeah EU can really suck you in. I always wanted to get into Crusader Kings 2, it seems very awesome, but I just can't get past the begining, it's even worse in that regard then the heart of iron series :D And I really don't get what you are in that game, a nation? family, a character? :)

Jul 10, 2006
Yeah EU can really suck you in. I always wanted to get into Crusader Kings 2, it seems very awesome, but I just can't get past the begining, it's even worse in that regard then the heart of iron series :D And I really don't get what you are in that game, a nation? family, a character? :)
A family basically. Well, you are the ruling king or lord or baron or whatever title the character is you choose.

I had a hard time getting into it at first as well because it is so damn deep. But then I looked for some youtube tutorials and found a couple that do a ncie job of explaining the basics and getting you started. Once i got through that it was a lot more fun and interesting.

Great place to start is in Ireland for your first games.

One thing i did not like about the game was the massive armies that could be created and all the fucking crusades and jihads. It gets out of control.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
You are always the head of your dynasty. You can start as a King or a Prince or you can start as a lowly Baron or Count with single province and rise to the status of Emperor from there. If you die you automatically start playing as your heir. That is a tricky part because your leaders can die randomly and you can be left as a 2 years old heir with down syndrome (it's seriously possible).

Many times when my King (later Emperor of Wendish Empire :D) was growing old and he had a terrible heir (low stats, terrible attributes like: dwarfism, autism, homosexuality etc. [yes, all of this is possible] I had him killed by assassination just so I didn't have to play as him later).

Basically you want to marry a high stats woman and hope your children get attributes like genius intellect or master tactician.

You lose the game if you have no heir and your dynasty is over.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing i did not like about the game was the massive armies that could be created and all the fucking crusades and jihads. It gets out of control.
Nothing was worse than a Mongol invasion though :lol:. Especially since I was playing as Kingdom of Poland and later the Wendish Empire. These guys with their 150k armies were just insane :rofl:.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh, that makes sense. I always thought i have to work for my heir and protect it no matter what. That makes it sooooo much easier :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CrimsonianKing @Gep @Badass Vidal

Is anyone watching this Gamescom conference?!?!?!!?

Fuck me sideways all these exclusives they are showing right now

- - - Updated - - -

Share Play is FINALLY coming with the 2.0 update, but I had no idea that the other person joining you to play online does not need to have a copy of the game.

That is awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)