General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (22 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...s-official-sonys-most-powerful-platform-ever/

Cerny also showed off the PS4 controller, "DualShock 4", which has many of the recently rumoured features. It offers enhanced rumble and reduced latency, a touchpad, a new Share button and a headphone jack.

The Share button allows you to record any gameplay or screenshot and share it instantly. "Our goal is to make the sharing of video on PS4 as popular as the sharing of screenshots is today," he said.

PlayStation cloud services will be rolled out in phases, with the ultimate goal of giving players access to all of their favourite PSone, PS2 and PS3 titles.

Perry said PS4 will let players look over your shoulder virtually as you're playing and, if you allow them, they can post comments directly to your screen. Friends will even be able to take over your controller virtually and help you complete a section you can't beat yourself.

Um, interesting. Now we'll wait for the new xbox and can start to compare.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Yeah honestly. I don't want to upload trophies and all that shit to facebook. I just want to play a great game with great graphics.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
no they didn't show the console itself, but they showed a glimpse of upcoming titles, some sick looking games like the new killzone and this game called Drive club. can't wait for this!

really annoyed that backwards capability won't be on the ps4 though

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I highly doubt nintendo will be able to compete with this next generation gaming, they are so far behind as it is now it will have to take something colossal to stay in the market.

watch dogs going to be out on all the current platforms by the end of this year

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Or they just keep appealing to their current market. They don't need to be on the same level graphics wise. They have a different gimmick. PS4 and Xbox will lose a whole lot of gamers to PC gaming anyway. They are pushing this crap of social gaming, and multimedia platform too much. They are appealing to casual gamers. Xbox will lose a whole lot of business if they continue to have a paid live service, that is if PS4 doesn't. Not only that but the rumours of not being able to borrow Xbox games wont help either. Nintendo is still dictating the market somewhat. They pushed motion sensor gaming, everyone else followed. They threw it out and went to touch pad gaming, now Ps4 is.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I highly doubt nintendo will be able to compete with this next generation gaming, they are so far behind as it is now it will have to take something colossal to stay in the market.

watch dogs going to be out on all the current platforms by the end of this year
Nintendo is for a different market audience. Not everyone is into Call of Duty etc

- - - Updated - - -

Consoles are moving towards this social gaming stuff too much.
:agree: Will people actually use that? very lame.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm all over it. Day 1. No questions asked. 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, are you kdding me? This machine is going to be a beast. Now, i hate social media as much as anyone, but that whole scenario where you can have your friends watch you play and jump in is very intriguing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)