General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (65 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Fake.

The controller isn't even close to the final version presented yesterday

- - - Updated - - -

Any rumours on the retail price?

Probs won't buy though.
With the 8GB of GDDR5 Memory, there is no way that this comes in less than $300.00

If I have to guess, it will be $399- $449.00, and with the hardware in there, to me, it will be worth the price.

And looking at the new controller, I really like it. I love the LED Screen and the Move functionality built in at the front of the controller.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
With the 8GB of GDDR5 Memory, there is no way that this comes in less than $300.00

If I have to guess, it will be $399- $449.00, and with the hardware in there, to me, it will be worth the price.

And looking at the new controller, I really like it. I love the LED Screen and the Move functionality built in at the front of the controller.
yeah around 400-450 dollars is the latest rumour, unlikely to be any more
:sick:

Cheers :tup:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
by the time the ps4 comes out there probably won't even be a high street retailer in england selling the damn thing since the electrical retailers are closing down 1 by 1 of late who usually give decent package deals :sad:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Did they say the PS4 will be back-compatable with PS3 games?
It will and it won't.

When Sony bought the Gaikai service for $380 Million last year, people weren't sure what it was for. Now, we know. Sony will be rolling out, in phases, the ability to stream PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, but as far as playing PS3 games via a physical medium, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

It's like I said to people when Sony took away the PS2 backward compatability on the PS3.

Just buy yourself a PS2.

Same rule applies here.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i never understood why the ps3 stopped with the backwards compatibility. I had the 60gb model ps3 which had ps2 compatibility, when that sodding thing died i had to buy the 80 gb which didn't have.

plugged my ps2 in again the other day after a good dusting and internal clean on the fan and laser been playing canis canem edit since, love that game :D

also plugged my n64 in but even modern tv's can't pick up the signal from them :( grrrrrrr

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i never understood why the ps3 stopped with the backwards compatibility. I had the 60gb model ps3 which had ps2 compatibility, when that sodding thing died i had to buy the 80 gb which didn't have.

plugged my ps2 in again the other day after a good dusting and internal clean on the fan and laser been playing canis canem edit since, love that game :D

also plugged my n64 in but even modern tv's can't pick up the signal from them :( grrrrrrr

Cost efficency, and the Emotion Engine chip, which was the primary CPU that was in the PS2, that was included in the Original PS3's, were taking up available RAM for developers to use, since the PS3 inexplicably did not have enough RAM. This is why Cross Game Chat never happened on the PS3, because of the lack of said RAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)