General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (86 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When chosing a game, i'll go for the best gaming experience, and generally graphics arent that much of the deal, but i'll appreciate if there is efford.
excellent grapics make a great game fantastic
But excellent make a mediocre game, just a boring piece of tech.

Example, war of the overworld. It aint close to the quality of other simular games currently out there. But i'm fucking craving it. If i can have THAT game for better graphics, offc i'll do it

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
exactly, PS4 was later and more expensive, and its faster processor was so complex that it took years before ps4 actually looked slightly better then xbox 360.

Now however, they made it in close contact with game devs, and made a developper friendly console, indie friendly console, that has 50% more graphical power. thats significant. For less money ? not even a choise
I don't think that's true.

- - - Updated - - -

When chosing a game, i'll go for the best gaming experience, and generally graphics arent that much of the deal, but i'll appreciate if there is efford.
excellent grapics make a great game fantastic
But excellent make a mediocre game, just a boring piece of tech.

Example, war of the overworld. It aint close to the quality of other simular games currently out there. But i'm fucking craving it. If i can have THAT game for better graphics, offc i'll do it
Definitely:

amazing game play & good graphics >>>>>> amazing graphics & good gameplay

i.e. Fallout & GTA vs Crysis & Far Cry

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Xbox one : 1.24 teraflops
PS4 : 1.80 teraflops

geforce 780gtx : 3.6 teraflops
geforce Gtx titan : 4.0 teraflops

Yeah, pure graphical power, the ps4 has 50% more

However, that doesnt mean "it looks 50% better"

Looking at a model, 1 or 10 pixels is massive 10 to 100 still, but 10 000 to 100 000 is a much smaller diffrence

Ps4 will look better, we saw it at E3 what it can do at launch

We however dont know what the xbox 180 will give, since it ran on Geforce Gtx titan at the E3

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Looking at a model, 1 or 10 pixels is massive 10 to 100 still, but 10 000 to 100 000 is a much smaller diffrence

We however dont know what the xbox 180 will give, since it ran on Geforce Gtx titan at the E3
I don't think microsoft is stupid that they would release a significantly less powerful console. If there is a difference I doubt it will much different than between 360 & PS3.

Plus those numbers aren't the be all and end all. Like AMD vs Intel, on paper AMD might have higher ghz speed and more cores but Intel processors are much faster.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'm sorry man, but its a slightluy bit diffrent.

unofficial story :

Everyone tought that the PS4 was gonna be 4gb ddr3 ram. so microsoft build 8 gb ddr3.
Then all of a sudden, sony pulls out with 8 gb of gddr5 ram, and a significantly better total performance from the system.
Thats why they put up that television based announcement, cause pure technically, ps4 was better.

50% sure is something. Look at graphical cards, its an entire generation diffrence. But its not the end of the world when developped right.

The numbers, are terribly accurate

Both xbox one and ps4 are build on modified AMD jaguar 8cores, diffrence beeing one using gddr5 and other ddr3. So they are pretty simular apart from that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I ahould be at some point, but my son is spending 4 weeks with his mother so i will probably be busy playing borderlands 2 with him. Just depends on when u catch me. Hit me up if u see me online, tho.
Will do. I don't have Borderlands 2, though

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of sales figures they are pretty equal. Also don't forget that Microsoft were giving away consoles in packages for mobile phones and laptops after about 2 years, just to get more consoles in circulation. I know because I had two.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The 360 was a lot cheaper than the PS3 if I remember correctly. I think it was ~200 USD cheaper in the US at launch, so that would have obviously made people's decision easier.

After this shitstorm and being more expensive.. I think this will be Sony's round.

EDIT: Also, I think the 360 came out quite a bit before the PS3. Sony has learned from its mistakes.
This is why my friends all have a 360 as opposed to a PS3.

And fuck Steam for doing that bullshit too, I hate it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
50% just from gddr5?

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't seem right
Its widely known that there is a 50% diffrence in teraflops comparing ps4 to xbox 1, not need to argue, just google it.

And yeah, gddr5 is quite a bit faster at high taxing compared to ddr3

its not the end of the world, but 1.8 compared to 1.24 is not a neglectable diffrence

- - - Updated - - -

http://kb.iu.edu/data/apeq.html

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
:touched:
LOVED that game!!!
you know, hermano :D

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the figures between Xbox360-Xbox One and PS3-PS4? :)

Jul 10, 2006
Respawn Co-founder Explains Absence of Single-player in Titanfall

Talking to GamesIndustry International, Respawn’s co-founder Vince Zampella offered an explanation as to why Titanfall lacks a proper single-player campaign.

“How many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage,” Zampella told GamesIndustry International. “It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5 percent of people finish the game. Really, you split the team. They’re two different games. They’re balanced differently, they’re scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus as little time as possible rushing to the end [of a campaign].”

No doubt Zampella is speaking from his personal experience with Call of Duty—games that players typically gravitate toward for the multiplayer, not the single-player campaign—not making a sweeping generalization about single-player campaigns in general.

Zampella reiterated that, with Titanfall, his company is trying to set themselves apart from Call of Duty and other big shooters instead of walking under their shadows.

“Honestly, we’re not shipping the same time as them. We’re going for something different. We’re not gunning for Call of Duty. We’re doing our thing. The important thing is to make sure what we’re doing is fun. I’m OK with Call of Duty being big. I helped create it, so I’m proud to see it’s something so big that it goes beyond me.”

Titanfall launches on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 spring 2014.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Have just got through playing Gears of War 3 for a second campaign. I know the oversized muscles and 'bro' nature of the lead characters is ridiculous, but you just cannot beat the feeling of smashing an enemies head in with your boot or chainsawing through him.

Kind of almost makes me want to play GoW Judgement now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)