General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (25 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yeah im in Europe. TBH i havn't really checked out the contents in much depth not since PS3 users were given playstation plus for free for a short period of time as part of the compensation for being hacked but when you say you've downloaded lots of games arn't they mostly playstation 1 and arcade stuff?
Nope.

Not at All.

Granted, I have downlaoded a lot of PS1 stuff and PSN games, but I have downloaded a ton of DLC and PS3 games. I think I have downloaded 15 or so full PS3 games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nope.

Not at All.

Granted, I have downlaoded a lot of PS1 stuff and PSN games, but I have downloaded a ton of DLC and PS3 games. I think I have downloaded 15 or so full PS3 games.
hmmm ok will check out the store in a bit then, i don't think i would download many DLC since my collection mainly consists of sports games and shoot em ups the only one i can think of is for Skyrim and LA Noire.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
hmmm ok will check out the store in a bit then, i don't think i would download many DLC since my collection mainly consists of sports games and shoot em ups the only one i can think of is for Skyrim and LA Noire.

For what I pay for the subscription, I feel that it is the best deal in the business. Look at it this way, I pay the same amount for XBOX Live, and I haven't gotten one single free game from it. The only benefit I had was when ESPN was showing Serie A, and Hustini, Kyle, and I would get together online to watch the matches.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
For what I pay for the subscription, I feel that it is the best deal in the business. Look at it this way, I pay the same amount for XBOX Live, and I haven't gotten one single free game from it. The only benefit I had was when ESPN was showing Serie A, and Hustini, Kyle, and I would get together online to watch the matches.
Yeah Xbox live is a complete rip off compared to ps3 but tbh xbox is more user friendly for a group of friends, still doesn't justify paying monthly for it, i thought the ESPN package was shit, when it first came out they only did limited streaming and didn't show any Serie A matches, glad to be rid of my xbox now

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If xbox still has a paid live service and ps3 doesn't, unless xbox brings out some new great looking exclusives I will probably get a ps4.

Jul 10, 2006
I had both at one point and the xbox seemed to play Black Ops 2 online multiplayer much smoother than the PS3 did, but that was just the feeling I got, not from any diagnostics or anything. Lag didn't seem as bad, not as many crshed matches, etc.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
What will probably decide it for me is if either has any cool exclusive games. Otherwise I'm not so worried. Maybe if some of my friends get 1 I might get that one.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I had both at one point and the xbox seemed to play Black Ops 2 online multiplayer much smoother than the PS3 did, but that was just the feeling I got, not from any diagnostics or anything. Lag didn't seem as bad, not as many crshed matches, etc.
half the games i play are developed by EA and unfortunately their servers suck so badly. Hopefully the new Ceo of EA sorts that shit out along with their buggy games

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I doubt will get one any time soon after release anyway or maybe even at all tbh. Unless like GTA VI somehow is released very soon after and is only on those consoles. I haven't used my 360 for 2-3 months now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
if i had a playstation when i was a kid i probably would have gotten into that, instead n64 zelda and goldeneye all day long
That's the thing, I don't know too many people who had several consoles, definitely not all of them, so often you'd miss out on legendary games.

I did have a SNES and Sega MD at the same time, but I think that was about it. Now a lot of the games are multi-platform.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That's the thing, I don't know too many people who had several consoles, definitely not all of them, so often you'd miss out on legendary games.

I did have a SNES and Sega MD at the same time, but I think that was about it. Now a lot of the games are multi-platform.
I was fortunate to have friends that lived near by that had SNES and Megadrives so i didn't miss out too much, luckily when i was in secondary school i was good friends and still am with someone who basically had every console that came out - n64, playstation 1-3, gamecube, dreamcast, xbox, xbox360, wii etc... so i would only play the games he had just a shame he didn't seem to get into things like final fantasy or metal gear solid which i got into when i had a ps2 and sons of liberty came out.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
@ People who know stuff about PS3 - please help!

I recently got a 42" HD Phillips TV and today I finally hooked it up. I connected my PS3 and started COD. The issue is that the response time seems muuuuch worse than on my crappy 50hz 720p screen I played on before. I can barely aim at people in the game, not because the sensitivity is too high - simply because it seems to have some response lag. Any suggestions?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
had similar problems either play around with the tv picture settings, i don't know if philips have a 'game mode' like Samsung Tv's have but if so switch to that

failing that go on your ps3 settings and turn off ps upscaller and ps smoothing

and then on the video output settings on the ps3 set it to 720p, don't tick the other boxes below.

Also Turn off cross colour reduction filter and deep colour output (HDMI)

if that doesn't work then sorry :sad: thats all i remember

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
had similar problems either play around with the tv picture settings, i don't know if philips have a 'game mode' like Samsung Tv's have but if so switch to that

failing that go on your ps3 settings and turn off ps upscaller and ps smoothing

and then on the video output settings on the ps3 set it to 720p, don't tick the other boxes below.

Also Turn off cross colour reduction filter and deep colour output (HDMI)

if that doesn't work then sorry :sad: thats all i remember
+rep for being nice to someone who always treats you like an ass. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)