General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (24 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Any of you guys played any of the Killzones? If so what did you think?

I have. They're not bad. Graphically, they are powerhouses, but the gameplay isn't the greatest, and the story, well.............................the next killzone to have an actual coherent storyline will be the first.

They're not bad, but they're not that great either.

I downlaoded Spec Ops: The Line last week (Free with Playstation Plus), and I'm getting into that one right now. It's actually not bad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I have. They're not bad. Graphically, they are powerhouses, but the gameplay isn't the greatest, and the story, well.............................the next killzone to have an actual coherent storyline will be the first.

They're not bad, but they're not that great either.

I downlaoded Spec Ops: The Line last week (Free with Playstation Plus), and I'm getting into that one right now. It's actually not bad.

Nice one.

Always wanted to try that game but never got the chance to. Reason being that I'm lazy and COD. planning to pre book my PS4 and there are hardly any games out.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nice one.

Always wanted to try that game but never got the chance to. Reason being that I'm lazy and COD. planning to pre book my PS4 and there are hardly any games out.
Hardly any games out for the PS4?

Patience, Man. Patience. E3 is still a couple of months away. Sony is going to put everything out there in just one announcement.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Kill Zone, AC IV, Watch Dogs and the FF game interest me so far.
Same.

First 3 are of interest. What's FF?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what the best site apart from here to keep you updated on latest games?

- - - Updated - - -

Hardly any games out for the PS4?

Patience, Man. Patience. E3 is still a couple of months away. Sony is going to put everything out there in just one announcement.
Glad to hear.

I'm going by the day I bought my PS3. Virtually no games that interested me came out for a while. It's like you've waited months for the console, then had to wait a further longer for the games I liked. F1 was one of the first that came out at the time which got me through the waiting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Any of you guys played any of the Killzones? If so what did you think?
the first one was amazing, i swear they need to remake that for current platforms and same online, since then it has been somewhat disappointing. Hopefully it will be a hit on the ps4, damn i miss the mine guns online and the blue tack on the sniper scope trick for 1 shot kills

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I miss the first modern warfare. The rest have been utter pony. Like the PES hasn't been the same for a number of years now. So I stopped buying them.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
agreed, i miss the first modern warfare hardly touched the following COD titles, only play Battlefield 3 online now
Never played the full version of Battlefield, but did download the free download of it......then gave in to COD black ops 2 like a sucker that I am.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Never played the full version of Battlefield, but did download the free download of it......then gave in to COD black ops 2 like a sucker that I am.
battlefield 2 was da shit when it hit the ps2, that and killzone were the best online games at the time and was till the first Modern warfare hit the ps3. All the bad company titles were shit so i'd avoid them but bf3 basically took everything that was good about the old bf2 online and revamped it. I think i played black ops about 10 times and not even touched it since

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
no, never really thought it was worth the extra money
Believe me, bro, it is absolutely worth the money. You're in Europe, right? You guys have the best Playstation Plus program out of the three regions.

I questioned whether it was worth it at the beginning, but I have downloaded, no word of a lie, about $1000.00 worth of games and DLC because of it, and only have to pay my 49.99 yearly subscription.

EDIT- Keep in mind that I also have a Vita as well, and I get to have all the free goodies on that also. One playstation plus account covers my PS3, Vita, and it used to cover my PSP until I gave it away.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Same.

First 3 are of interest. What's FF?

Also what the best site apart from here to keep you updated on latest games?
Final Fantasy. Pure nostalgia for that from a kid, seeing a next gen version interests me.

I really wouldn't know about gaming sites as I deliberately ignore them. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I do play a fair bit. I buy franchise games, but also once in a while I'll look in a store and see something interesting then have a look what the reviews are like.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Believe me, bro, it is absolutely worth the money. You're in Europe, right? You guys have the best Playstation Plus program out of the three regions.

I questioned whether it was worth it at the beginning, but I have downloaded, no word of a lie, about $1000.00 worth of games and DLC because of it, and only have to pay my 49.99 yearly subscription.
yeah im in Europe. TBH i havn't really checked out the contents in much depth not since PS3 users were given playstation plus for free for a short period of time as part of the compensation for being hacked but when you say you've downloaded lots of games arn't they mostly playstation 1 and arcade stuff?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Final Fantasy. Pure nostalgia for that from a kid, seeing a next gen version interests me.

I really wouldn't know about gaming sites as I deliberately ignore them. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I do play a fair bit. I buy franchise games, but also once in a while I'll look in a store and see something interesting then have a look what the reviews are like.

Duh my bad.

I played the first FF. will def buy the new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)