General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (34 Viewers)

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Yo guys! I'm planning on building my fist Gaming PC and I'm a total noob in the subject, I've spended the last 3 days or so searching for info and the basics and so on... so I decided to try and choose some pieces to build my own.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad Core $222.75

GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB $199

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150* $136.98

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $66.88

Storage:
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5” 7200RPM $49.89

Case:
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis $99.99

Power Supply:
Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX*

Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $28.98

Optional:
NZXT HUE $33.99

So, as you can see, I need as much help as I can get :D specially since I'm working on a budget of $700, and this surpasess it. I'm "decided" on getting a GTX 960 and a Intel i5, as I said I'm not an expert of the subject, so it may not have to be a 4690K and change it for something cheaper :boh: , I heard 8GB of RAM was about right but I've seen some other people say to go with 16GB (I guess more RAM could be added later), also, I have a lot of dobts about the motherboard... I guess I'm asking for a lot but if somebody could help me solve this problems that would be great.:angel:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the case is a luxury just because I really like it, but if somebody has any sugestions of nice and cheaper cases, welcome

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
bro, u are better off asking on a Pc gming forum. over here i think only Zoso is knowledgeable about building PCs and even then i think he is bullshitting half what he talks about

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
bro, u are better off asking on a Pc gming forum. over here i think only Zoso is knowledgeable about building PCs and even then i think he is bullshitting half what he talks about
u just mad cos u don't know.

I built a PC about half a year ago almost identical to his system and it works perfectly, I think I know what I'm talking about.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Did you start The Witcher 2 yet?

Been playing it in Dark difficulty. It's almost as fun as Dark Souls @Zacheryah :lol: You can't save during combats and if you forget to save before, you die and go back all the way to the beginning of the level. Every combat is hardcore, every foe is a challenge. And the most important thing is that it forces you to use all you have; magic, melee attacks, rolling, timing...

Can't wait for TW3.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Did you start The Witcher 2 yet?

Been playing it in Dark difficulty. It's almost as fun as Dark Souls @Zacheryah :lol: You can't save during combats and if you forget to save before, you die and go back all the way to the beginning of the level. Every combat is hardcore, every foe is a challenge. And the most important thing is that it forces you to use all you have; magic, melee attacks, rolling, timing...

Can't wait for TW3.
I think you're confusing me with someone else :D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
@ZoSo

I was playing fallout new vegas. I have the mod installed for more followers so I had 4 followers with me. I was doing the mission for the great khans where u have to convince papa kahn's followers to stop supporting ceasar.

so one follower is all the way out in some middle of noweher.

next thing I know was rushed by, and I kid u not more than 15 deathclaws. I shat my pants cuz they killed my followers in 3 seconds. I used over 100 stim paks and all my meds and drugs.

toughes fight I have had so far. fuck death claws. especially the asshole alpha ones.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yo guys! I'm planning on building my fist Gaming PC and I'm a total noob in the subject, I've spended the last 3 days or so searching for info and the basics and so on... so I decided to try and choose some pieces to build my own.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad Core $222.75

GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB $199

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150* $136.98

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $66.88

Storage:
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5” 7200RPM $49.89

Case:
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis $99.99

Power Supply:
Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX*

Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $28.98

Optional:
NZXT HUE $33.99

So, as you can see, I need as much help as I can get :D specially since I'm working on a budget of $700, and this surpasess it. I'm "decided" on getting a GTX 960 and a Intel i5, as I said I'm not an expert of the subject, so it may not have to be a 4690K and change it for something cheaper :boh: , I heard 8GB of RAM was about right but I've seen some other people say to go with 16GB (I guess more RAM could be added later), also, I have a lot of dobts about the motherboard... I guess I'm asking for a lot but if somebody could help me solve this problems that would be great.:angel:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the case is a luxury just because I really like it, but if somebody has any sugestions of nice and cheaper cases, welcome
I'd consider a better GPU. My two secondhand 770's are better then that. Especially since the new directX will allow SLI to have double the memory.

(currently : 2 gpu's of 2gb = 2gb, both store the same data, it just transmits faster : frame buffer = same, but rate is nearly double)
(New directX : 2gpu's of 2gb = 4GB, when the storage exceeds 1 gpu, same data gets replaced)

(Basically what Crossfire has been doing for a few years now)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@ZoSo

I was playing fallout new vegas. I have the mod installed for more followers so I had 4 followers with me. I was doing the mission for the great khans where u have to convince papa kahn's followers to stop supporting ceasar.

so one follower is all the way out in some middle of noweher.

next thing I know was rushed by, and I kid u not more than 15 deathclaws. I shat my pants cuz they killed my followers in 3 seconds. I used over 100 stim paks and all my meds and drugs.

toughes fight I have had so far. fuck death claws. especially the asshole alpha ones.
:rofl: Oh man, I miss this game.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
seriously it was crazy. legit my hurt was pumping. it's like I ran into the whole family. there like baby death claws there too. is there a weapon that actually is effective vs them??

some of those azzholes were pulling parkour shit too. jumping on hills and rocks then bouncing off it to land on my head. da fuq?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
seriously it was crazy. legit my hurt was pumping. it's like I ran into the whole family. there like baby death claws there too. is there a weapon that actually is effective vs them??

some of those azzholes were pulling parkour shit too. jumping on hills and rocks then bouncing off it to land on my head. da fuq?
just use anti material rifle

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

You were at the bottom right side off the map ?

Rocket launcher mate. AOE the shit out of them

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
How fucking cool is this shit, m8? Dynamic beard that grows over time? How fucking cool? I thought about this so many times and wondered when they'd start implementing it in games. @Zacheryah

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dynamic-beard-growth-confirmed-for-witcher-3/1100-6426116/

"The beard grows as time passes and when Geralt moves between locations," he told Eurogamer. "The beard has several 'states' and these states determine its length--the longest is really long but it's not Gandalf-long."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)