Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (28 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The thought that these characters survived this episode and then some of them will probably die to Euron feels like a slap in the face.

You quoted this from somewhere else.

But its oh so true. As central as the Game of thrones struggle for power has been, anything after the scale of this epic and insane larger then life 3rd episode and battle of life vs death, will feal EXTREMELY SMALL TIME in comparison.

I'm only waiting for more twists to keep me up, because really, the wtfness of Night King/white walkers was such a huge part of the draw of the mystery of the show, its a shame to see it end abruptly in this emotional roller coaster episode. They have alot of explaining to do. Melisandre gave some hints each season, and she was great this episode, she went out like a champ in her cause for the light/living, but now its Bran's turn. Time to fess up and shed some light, was he really just sitting there warging ravens? or was he elsewhere? What did he tell Tyrion?

Because as interesting Cersei been, its kinda underwhelming all thats left now is her and her mercenary army. Even if these are characters we followed for 8 seasons and its gonna be epic to see it unfold, but the stakes can never be as high again as it was in this crazy episode.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That might have been the most intense 1h20 minutes of my life.

Yeah I was shitting breaks, AMAZING tv, it didnt even bother me latter half the episode was filled with silly plot armor (every main character can be pinned back and have 1000s of wights on them for ages without no casualties except 2, the two most tragically heroic and by far the most predictable deaths ever). It was truly insanely intense and captivating.

NK was a true boss, too casually arrogant, but such a scary badass, Arya is a literal wtf assassin, its sweet that the show built up for this since season 3, what she did, and shout to Jorah for being a huge ass cojones hero, and Theon, played by Alfie Allen to perfection (insanely amazing acting from the get go with this character), having his last stand for Bran he litterally pretended to have killed like a spineless douche in the past, defenitely memorable way to go out.

Lets pour out our 40z for our fallen homies @Dru

pouring-out-a-40-gif-11.gif

- - - Updated - - -

TV wise, this was the craziest episode in ages, over an hour of all out intense battle. Prolly closest to it was one of the crazy battle scenes from Band of Brothers.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The thought that these characters survived this episode and then some of them will probably die to Euron feels like a slap in the face.
It's also true that it took only one episode to defeat the NK while there were years of build up for that moment. Still this was a great episode

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

TV wise, this was the craziest episode in ages, over an hour of all out intense battle. Prolly closest to it was one of the crazy battle scenes from Band of Brothers.
i get that but tbh i didn't feel very engaged/ invested in it. i think i have just felt that way about the show for several seasons now

The first three seasons of this show were amazing some of the best tv. I remember the Battle of Blackwater being so intense because you had no idea how it might end, who might die and I was really rooting for Tyrion but also hoping Stannis and the Onion knight would survive. Tyrion saved the city with no military experience but was also so conflicted of burning so many people alive.

The show lost that years ago and never recaptured it.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
If you guys can, go and watch the "how it was made" thing after the episode aired. It tells you lots about how Arya was able to do it so easily:

She stabbed him in the spot where the Children of the Forest put the dragonglass. And it had to be Valyrian steel

And how long it was known for them that it will be Arya.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
You quoted this from somewhere else.

But its oh so true. As central as the Game of thrones struggle for power has been, anything after the scale of this epic and insane larger then life 3rd episode and battle of life vs death, will feal EXTREMELY SMALL TIME in comparison.

I'm only waiting for more twists to keep me up, because really, the wtfness of Night King/white walkers was such a huge part of the draw of the mystery of the show, its a shame to see it end abruptly in this emotional roller coaster episode. They have alot of explaining to do. Melisandre gave some hints each season, and she was great this episode, she went out like a champ in her cause for the light/living, but now its Bran's turn. Time to fess up and shed some light, was he really just sitting there warging ravens? or was he elsewhere? What did he tell Tyrion?

Because as interesting Cersei been, its kinda underwhelming all thats left now is her and her mercenary army. Even if these are characters we followed for 8 seasons and its gonna be epic to see it unfold, but the stakes can never be as high again as it was in this crazy episode.
He probably transfered to a bird's body and was watching Euron and Cersei have sex. Wouldn't be the first time.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i get that but tbh i didn't feel very engaged/ invested in it. i think i have just felt that way about the show for several seasons now

The first three seasons of this show were amazing some of the best tv. I remember the Battle of Blackwater being so intense because you had no idea how it might end, who might die and I was really rooting for Tyrion but also hoping Stannis and the Onion knight would survive. Tyrion saved the city with no military experience but was also so conflicted of burning so many people alive.

The show lost that years ago and never recaptured it.
This. The show is honestly not that good but I have to watch because I’ve invested too much time in it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
they did cuck Tyrion by making him wait with the womenn in the crypt though. He won the Battle of Blackwater ffs

He is supposed to overcome his midgetry

Meh, I'm glad they didnt do that, Tyrion is all brains, he already had his misguided alpha leader moment in Blackwater, what is he going to do against death itself? There is no strategy to it, they keep coming. All you can do is keep swinging your sword, if you cant do that stay in crypt (it was bad enough Sam was up there being a dumbass).

If he had any strategy to share, he should have done so in the war council when 20 of them were in there, and all they came up with is use Bran for diversion, like they didnt discuss actual battle tactics (not that there is much conventional approaches to facing zombies). But other then that, not much to do, if The Hound, Jon, Brienne, Greyworm, Jorah and Jamie, all brilliant fighters, were scared SHITLESS in different moments facing the dead, I cant imagine how much Tyrion could do out there except die painfully like lady Mormont did.

Its more underwhelming use IMO that when the action came to Tyrion and Sansa, they didnt really use that scene much (the remains of dead Starks attacking everyone), felt like a lost opportunity (they were just hiding in tight space surrounded by dead, having the magical plot armor timing of waiting til zombies die for good this time). At one point I almost thought that Sansa and Tyrion were giving eachother the go ahead to have a suicide pact when hiding out. It was getting that bleak.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This. The show is honestly not that good but I have to watch because I’ve invested too much time in it.
i think at some point it became very popular so they decided to taken in a direction that was more palatable to a casual viewer where the plots were simpler, it was more focused on the popular characters getting wins (at the neglect of some of the very interesting like littlefinger, Varys etc) rather then being believable or shocking like it used to be. They also were working with a clock so had to cut out characters, tie up loose ends in an unsatisfying manner and give important characters lame deaths that felt just to erase them from the story (Stannis and littlefinger)

At least for me it made the later seasons much less interesting and though i watched I don't feel invested in it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

i think at some point it became very popular so they decided to taken in a direction that was more palatable to a casual viewer where the plots were simpler, it was more focused on the popular characters getting wins (at the neglect of some of the very interesting like littlefinger, Varys etc) rather then being believable or shocking like it used to be. They also were working with a clock so had to cut out characters, tie up loose ends in an unsatisfying manner and give important characters lame deaths that felt just to erase them from the story (Stannis and littlefinger)

At least for me it made the later seasons much less interesting and though i watched I don't feel invested in it.

Its a great fantasy world and story left in the hands of two simplistic idiotic writers who were given the free reigns after season 5-6 to completely winge it because they had no more writing material to fall back on (and ignore as they prolly did alot in beginning anyways, but was a clear blue print).

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
this is what I meant when I said Arya has become a literal animu character
*teleports behind ya'
heh, nothing personel, kid

horrible episode

The beginning was drawn out for too long, giving you just enough time to wanting to kill yourself over a commanderless army that puts cavalry in front, then catapults and infantry in the back, then randomly cavalry suicides lol. And why were the dragons idle in the first third of the battle, anyway?

During the skirmishes itself, choreography was rather good and you could see the desperation of the participants through it. Clegane's scenes were also good displaying that. But at no point a sense of intensity or epicness came up, maybe because you stopped caring about any characters long ago. Theon's scene was actually sad. Aside from that, everything about this 'big badass battle' was soulless hollywood drabness. Seen more captivating and inspiring battles on Netflix ffs

And then, the big villian, the one we have anticipated for 8 seasons, gets stabbed in the back by fucking fetal alcohol syndrome Naruto LMAO just end it all here

@Osman did your cousin also say the Arya moment was like a retarded man's Isildur moment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)