Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (11 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The only thing dissapointing here was lack the of sadness I felt. They used to be much better at that. But this was so much better than Endgame I saw a few days ago. What a dissapointment that was. It has.

But you and the German are too dumb to understand it.
You watch capeshit you have no right to call anybody dumb :lol: Also by insulting us instead of presenting counter arguments you proved us right
Yeah battle planning was nonexistent. There was also no commander at all. At the middle of that aerial fight Jon suddenly said "Bran!", as if suddenly he remembered Bran's defense is weak.
This is why I love Battle of Castle Black in S4.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Don't read this if you haven't seen the episode already.

Did some of uou guys miss the part were Melisandre told Arya that it was her destiny to kill the night king? This was what gave her the courage she needed to go after him.

Or when Bran handed her the tool she needed to kill the NK a while back. He knew where he needed to be and how it had to happen he didnt have to tell anyone to do anything he let it play out the way he foreseen it.

And you are all experts on fighting fantasy zombie army's now? There was plenty of high ranking army officials on set most of the time speaking to the directors and producers. I'm pretty sure this played out the best way possible in order to please the general masses and the die hard fans.

Another thing I want to talk about is the lighting. I thought it was a nice touch and added to the suspense. I felt like i was in some way experiencing how difficult it was to fight under these circumstances. It's well known that the directors in the show prefer to use natural lighting. The darkness in this episode felt like another character.

Ps

FB_IMG_1556572221661.jpg

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No, he didn't. Infact, they set Bran up as bait with the entire plan hinging on that and prepared absolutely nothing to actually kill the NK. Theon's suicide charge proves that they knew nothing. Also Arya had her hands full in the tower defense and library sneaking which would have been way too risky if the initial plan was her guarding Bran.
Ffs, she was one second from death before Beric saved her. So either the plotters are retarded or the narrating is dreadful. Cherry on top is that she shits herself against some wight in the library only to fly past half a dozen white walkers like naruto.

You aren't even plebs, you watched lots of good television. It boggles my mind why you treat that cheap lackluster dogshit as some benchmark. It 'wasn't even technically well done at the very least, with shitty lighting, low effort sets and costumes etc. Somebody even said it was comparable to BoB Bastogne episode wtf your tongue shall fall off for uttering these words
Good for you

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
not disputing that just seemed Arya was running around the castle almost being killed by zombies numerous times instead of hiding out near bran using her hiding powers.

Unless it was somehow crucial that Arya did not know she would be killing the Night King and only Bran knew it would play out like that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i get that but tbh i didn't feel very engaged/ invested in it. i think i have just felt that way about the show for several seasons now

The first three seasons of this show were amazing some of the best tv. I remember the Battle of Blackwater being so intense because you had no idea how it might end, who might die and I was really rooting for Tyrion but also hoping Stannis and the Onion knight would survive. Tyrion saved the city with no military experience but was also so conflicted of burning so many people alive.

The show lost that years ago and never recaptured it.
Considerable drop in quality in last 3 seasons or so...starting with the dorne girls nonsense one. Whatever $ the show runners earned they need give to George Martin bc it's all him, and their writing sucks.

Yesterday's episode was a big disappoint esp given it was supposed to be THE episode of the series, at least thus far, with record breaking battle scene and other nonsense they drummed up. Not just writing, direction was bad too, laughably poor in some cases, obvious things they should've gotten right. Didn't even show Night King's face/reaction after getting stabbed by jumping ninja Sansa. And lol at Jon's dragon's 80s cgi landing. And this is before considering plot holes, a lot of which are forgivable in TV/movies.

It was "cheap," lacked artistic value and any sort of detail orientation. 80% of people don't care or liked it - that's what they were after (easy to achieve with big budget & marketing noise), not quality.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Arya had no idea. I like how subtle it was. Bran knew, yet he kept his mouth shut and people had to die over it. Had he said it I assume it would have changed the course of the future. Funny thing people laugh how Arya run away but she did kill like 10 of them in the tower. After all she's an assassin/rogue. She killed and later on she was in a stealth mode, portraying her character rather well. I also like how, despite her obvious strength and capability to kill, she had to run cause she was outnumbered and she almost died. It's more realistic to show it like that rather than full Goku power. Anyway, I hardly have any flaws for this episode. It's just that I hope for a further explanation over NK and his army.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Bran can't see into the future plus Arya is not invisible(she maybe stealthy but no way that made sense).
Yea because zombies and fire breathing dragons make sense wdf kind of show did you think you were watching?

She has literally been walking around wearing other people's faces for a few years and you don't think she could get past some brain dead zombies?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bran can't see into the future plus Arya is not invisible(she maybe stealthy but no way that made sense).
I didn't mean literally stealth when she was hidding in the library.

As for Bran... well, in the prevous episode (or 2 ep) he did say "I'm waiting for an old friend" when he was outside, as he knew that Jaime Lannister was coming.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Does anyone else feel that the NK didn't want to kill Bran? I mean if he wanted to do that, he would have sent his bodyguard WW squad to do the job. Hell, he didn't even had to be there in the battle, they would have won the battle and kill everyone if he didn't appear. I don't think he is stupid, there must be something else here. Maybe he wanted to be killed. I think that there will be further explanation over this. There has to be, buidling up the hype over the Walkers for 8 seasons just to end it like that? I dont think so...

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Does anyone else feel that the NK didn't want to kill Brann? I mean if he wanted to do that, he would have sent his bodyguard WW squad to do the job. Hell, he didn't even had to be there in the battle, they would have won the battle and kill everyone if he didn't appear. I don't think he is stupid, there must be something else here. Maybe he wanted to be killed. I think that there will be further explanation over this. I mean there has to be a further explanation, buidling up the hype over the Walkers for 8 seasons just to end it like that? I dont think so...
Nah, that’s it. There is no book to go off of and it’s just mediocre writing. This season is whatever. The show was incredible until up to Oberyn getting killed. The rest of it has been whatever. That’s about it.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Nah, that’s it. There is no book to go off of and it’s just mediocre writing. This season is whatever. The show was incredible until up to Oberyn getting killed. The rest of it has been whatever. That’s about it.
I hope you are wrong, but I am a bit afraid that you are right.

Aug 26, 2014
Yea because zombies and fire breathing dragons make sense wdf kind of show did you think you were watching?

She has literally been walking around wearing other people's faces for a few years and you don't think she could get past some brain dead zombies?
First of all I know its a fantasy show that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be any logic in it or things doesn't have to make sense. Second the brain dead zombies heard her blood drip in the library so they are not as brain dead as you claim. Also before Arya jumped on the Night King the wights were standing still and could have easily spotted somebody moving and there were hundreds of them gathered close if she moved through them. If she moved in the opening(the way the Night King came) they should have spotted her.

All I'm saying is that they should've handled the death of the Night King better.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't mean literally stealth when she was hidding in the library.

As for Bran... well, in the prevous episode (or 2 ep) he did say "I'm waiting for an old friend" when he was outside, as he knew that Jaime Lannister was coming.
He can see the past and present. So he must have seen Jaime on his way to Winterfell.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
When Melissandre told Arya that she'll shut blue eyes forever, I thought it would be some random white walker, not the NK.

Not related to above. Apparently GRRM said that since Beric Dondarrion came back to life for the first time his heart wasn't beating anymore and blood stopped flowing into his veins. He said he was a fire wight. Which would mean Jon is also a wight and probably has been brought back for a purpose to be fulfilled

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
When Melissandre told Arya that she'll shut blue eyes forever, I thought it would be some random white walker, not the NK.

Not related to above. Apparently GRRM said that since Beric Dondarrion came back to life for the first time his heart wasn't beating anymore and blood stopped flowing into his veins. He said he was a fire wight. Which would mean Jon is also a wight
cersei has green eyes, we all know who kills her now!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think the blue eyes part was the one that was significant, the other colors weren't. She already killed a lot of people, with all kinds of eye color (green included).

Doesn't mean she wont kill Cersei too though. :D
on reflection its crazy how the whole show has been teach and protect arya how to kill for this 1 moment.

p.s

Walder Frey - Brown eyes
NK - Blue eyes
Cersei - Green eye?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)