Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (39 Viewers)

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Good ep last night but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what happened with Bran/Hodor.

So Bran was warging back into past, then heard Meera tell him to warg into Hodor (present), but now this is where I get lost. Does young Hodor have the seizure because present Hodor dies or does Bran save him in a sense?

Someone halp me
The way I see it:
Bran is in greenvision mode
Meera starts crying: We need Hodor, Warg into hodor. This is relayed into Bran's mind
Bran wargs into Willis (young Hodor), letting him hear what he currently hears: We need hodor, hold the door, etc.
Being warged by something that is non-existent in that timeline 'snaps' his mind, as he starts receiving information from Meera in the future, thing that sticks is: Hold the Door

Here's a redditor's way of explaining it:
So I tried putting the pieces together on the Hodor paradox. Tried to summarize what exactly it meant for the poor fella with the giant's blood. And came up with this:

As the events of the cave transpired, Bran warged into the past of Winterfell. He was taken there by the Raven. However, he was too inexperienced in more advanced warging (he was not prepared, as the Raven said) - and did not know to what extent he can affect the past. As the shit was going down, Meera in the present was urging him to "warg into Hodor." Bran complied, but in confusion (and with the "blessing" of the Raven), he warged into the Hodor of the past basically going down a level further.

In doing such, he related all the information from the cave to the Hodor in the past, embedding them in his mind. In that moment, Hodor experienced all that transpired in the cave - since the moment Bran fell into his last vision of Winterfell until his own death. While that was happening, Bran gave him an order (a warg order that is) based on that situation - to carry him out and save the day. But since in the past, that situation has not yet happened, Hodor could not obey his order. Now we have seen that beings that are being warged into HAVE TO obey... and since he could not, his mind collapsed, snapped.

And stayed in that cave for his entire life.

Hodor lived his life remembering (at least on the subconscious level) the events unfolding in the cave. He was basically waiting for them to transpire, so that he could finally obey Bran's time-misplaced order. His mind compensated for this by shutting down most of his intellect and even his ability to speak - all that was focused on the situation that was to happen in the future.

So the situation in the cave was as follows: Bran was warging into the past, then into the past Hodor. Present Hodor was not directly warged into at the moment. He acted just because the future he was reliving his entire life finally caught up to him and he knew what he needed to do.

To save the day and help Bran escape. To hold the door.

As he was ordered all those years ago.

This TV series has so much going on that they could make another 20 seasons and it will still be just as entertaining as the first one. Has there ever been a Tv Series with so much depth.
Yea it's amazing, all these little details everywhere plus the prequel events that I hope we'll be seeing in Bran's visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hype:

Here's someone who was probably the closest with his Hodor theory, in a way :howler: :
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/26325-what-does-hodor-mean/&page=2#comment-1236249

HJnuWyM.gif

:cry:

HQWFudq.png

Another cool one:
jQMiDLI.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we'll finally be seeing Benjen Stark:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4283054/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
Scroll until you see: 'brother beyond the wall'

- - - Updated - - -

BXOK8KR.png

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The haircut and the face were giving it away. Three eyed Raven is Bran from the future
Not bad

He is the last greenseer (one in thousand of any man has potential to be a warg, and one in a thousand wargs has potential to be a greenseer, super rare), after three eyed raven just died. Powerful figure who Bran seems alot more capable and gifted then despite being just a novice that knows nothing. He seems to litterally be able to push the boundaries of time and space and be the one able to influence/see the chessboard and the saga of this mad world.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'll link you a fuller bio of this character from books thats not mentionned in the series much, and since now he is dead, its not spoilers :p
That's more of a description of who he is, nor how he fits in the story, his role etc

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
im confused about one thing...isn't the Night's King supposed to have been a former Lord commander of the Night's Watch? So that would mean the Night's Watch existed before the ever was a White Walker threat?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
im confused about one thing...isn't the Night's King supposed to have been a former Lord commander of the Night's Watch? So that would mean the Night's Watch existed before the ever was a White Walker threat?
I thought the Night's Watch existed due to the White Walkers' threat, hence why they send people who sinned.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I thought the Night's Watch existed due to the White Walkers' threat, hence why they send people who sinned.
I think originally the nights watch was comprised of people who were not criminals, rather normal people who saw it for the necessity that it was/is and that it was in fact an honour to serve.

With passing time the threat became less and less and it became harder to get volunteers.
Kind of goes hand in hand with the discerning view on white walkers, magic etc that southerners would hold in modern day Westeros.

Correct me if I'm wrong, just remember seeing something like that somewhere

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I thought the Night's Watch existed to generally protect the realm from what existed north of the wall (e.g. wildlings, white walkers, the unknown, etc..)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's defenitely the best episode of this season and one of the better ones in overall for the reasons. No dull parts and all progressed things a fair bit. No convulated Kings Landing it shitty dorne scene was nice.

Btw huge wtf how that red priestess mind fucked Varys? What or who's voice do you reckon he heard in that fire? I reckon it's Dany related...
It was the Lord of Light of course :D im guessing that it was Varys bits being used for a ceremony like that is somehow significant as well. There will be some reason he was chosen all those years ago to connect him to this whole thing

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
:lol: Yeah Tormund rocks. This means he'll die soon like all likeable characters. :cry:

2008 holy shit. :D
Look at this as well:

https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/

April 20, 2014 by Michael A. Ventrella

[...]

Me: I finally figured out why you have a character named “Hodor.”

Martin: Oh?

Me: I was thinking about your comment about wanting to be an elevator operator. It’s clear to me now that “Hodor” is short for “Hold the door.”

Martin: (laughing) You don’t know how close to the truth you are!

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
:lol: Yeah Tormund rocks. This means he'll die soon like all likeable characters. :cry:

2008 holy shit. :D
Look at this as well:

https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/

April 20, 2014 by Michael A. Ventrella

[...]

Me: I was thinking about your comment about wanting to be an elevator operator. It’s clear to me now that “Hodor” is short for “Hold the door.”

Uncanny :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

noice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)