Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (18 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Thank you for explaining, very interesting! :D
Welcome. :p

Spoiler alert...kinda!

So I was mentioning to my group of friends that Jon (if he is Azor), Dany and Tyrion are now "dragon whisperers" and then one of them posted something about a 3 headed dragon on my FB this morning. I have zero clue what that is about but now I am intrigued! :D

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

Spoiler alert...kinda!

So I was mentioning to my group of friends that Jon (if he is Azor), Dany and Tyrion are now "dragon whisperers" and then one of them posted something about a 3 headed dragon on my FB this morning. I have zero clue what that is about but now I am intrigued! :D
Targaryean's coat of arms is a 3-headed dragon.

I read a theory centered about this trio, it's quite interesting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I feel like Bran is going to be one of the Dragon riders. That he can control animal minds and was told that he will "never walk again but will fly" seems to hint at it

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014

Spoiler alert...kinda!

It's very plausible

The following video supports this claim

Spoiler alert for the YT link! (up to season 5 and the 5th book I believe)

As for Tyrion

It's mentioned in the books that Tyrion has silver-blonde hair rather than the golden-blonde hair we see & heterochromia (1 green, 1 silver eye)
It would explain the deep hatred Tywin had for him, as he's a constant reminder of what happened to Joanna. I mean the guy's last words were "you're no son of mine."
It would explain why Tyrion has been having dreams of dragons since he was a little child

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's very plausible

The following video supports this claim

Spoiler alert for the YT link! (up to season 5 and the 5th book I believe)

As for Tyrion

It's mentioned in the books that Tyrion has silver-blonde hair rather than the golden-blonde hair we see & heterochromia (1 green, 1 silver eye)
It would explain the deep hatred Tywin had for him, as he's a constant reminder of what happened to Joanna. I mean the guy's last words were "you're no son of mine."
It would explain why Tyrion has been having dreams of dragons since he was a little child
Interesting theory because if true then it would mean the younger brother prophesied to kill Cersie would be Jamie...

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Interesting theory because if true then it would mean the younger brother prophesied to kill Cersie would be Jamie...
Holy sh*t I just got that. Crazy.

You guys hear of the Hodor theories?

In Sunday's episode, I thought it was very odd how Lyanna came in riding off on a white horse. The show has been pretty great in weaving a lot of symbolism into the show, and digging a bit I thought it was interesting that, in Celtic mythology, Rhiannon is the goddess riding a white horse. Interestingly enough, a big part of her myth is fleeing a marriage her father had arranged. She's eventually caught by a handsome admirer, who marries her and promptly they make a child together. That child ends up immediately kidnapped, and his lineage is only revealed much later in an event that finally allows his mother Rhiannon to be absolved of the accusations of infanticide she had faced. That's probably where the parallels end. Fun coincidence though: in the Rhiannon legend, the kid disappears while in the care of his six sleepy maids, while in GoT Ned rides with six companions to the Tower of Joy. Rhiannon also wakes up in a pool of blood (from a slain puppy), while Lyanna lies in a pool of her own blood (presumably). Rhiannon is also often associated with Epona, which, you guessed it, is a Roman divinity associated with horses and/or a horse in Ocarina of Time. It would then completely make sense for the show to emphasize Lyanna's abilities on a horse ('stop showing off!').

However, what's interesting to me is that Hodor as Wyllis could speak while he can't now, and as a boy he was eager to try fighting while as an adult he hates it. As /u/TazoGreenTea put it, Wyllis could have been a warg too and the loss of his speech would be the result of him spending too much time warging. However, the last episode made a point of showing how Wyllas/Hodor was friendly with Lyanna, and how eager he was to please her and her family. Lyanna acted as a confidence-booster to him, something Old Nan put a stop to when she took him by the ear.

Now, if Wyllis was a warg, what would he warg into? As a stable boy, it would make sense that his choice would be to warg into a horse since, like dogs, they are docile and are accustomed to his presence. And if the (possibly) only girl treating him nicely was Lyanna, it would make complete sense that this is the horse he would warg into. White is a symbol of purity, innocence, and Wyllis/Hodor is all that. He could warg into that horse so that he gets pet, brushed and generally receive attention no girls would give him. Since Rhaegar and Lyanna would eventually run away from everyone, it also makes sense that they would both be on horses while doing so and Wyllis/Hodor would have been witness to many events of that storyline.

So why would Hodor lose his speaking abilities? My guess is that the horse was slain during battle while Hodor was warging into it, which would explain why he is a very much a simpleton now and is afraid of fighting and lightning. Would also explain why Bran is able to warg into a human, because the mind inside the human is an animal's mind (or the remnant of a mind trapped into a horse). Edit: not necessarily the actual horse's mind, but Hodor's mind mixed with a horse's instint, like Bran feels what Summer feels in his 'dreams'. And, even more obvious, it would explain how Hodor has been such a fantastic person to carry Bran because it's litterally what horses do. Besides, Wylis's demise into Hodor would also serve as an amazing warning to Bran about the dangers of warging, and you can see how the Three Eyed Raven almost interjects when Bran says 'Hodor talks!'. Think about it: wouldn't it be an amazing end to Bran's arc this season? Considering how isolated he is, there are few characters that would make an impact on him. Bran even asks Hodor about what happened to him, and Hodor has no answer but Hodor. For now.

TLDR: Hodor is a horse trapped in a human's body.

PS: In the flashback, Wylis already has his scar on his forehead so if he got kicked in the head it happened before and he could still talk afterward. It's also a detail absent in the books, and is there to mask Kristian Nairn's facial tattoos.

by reddit user: gbinasia

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/4hnwpz/everything_theory_about_lyannas_horse/

TLDR:
Hodor is a horse

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Quoting the 2nd book:

Their dappled grey coursers were swift, strong, and beautifully trained. Side by side they charged the quintains. Both hit the shields cleanly and were well past before the padded butts came spinning around. Little Walder struck the harder blow, but Bran thought Big Walder sat his horse better. He would have given both his useless legs for the chance to ride against either.

Little Walder cast his splintered lance aside, spied Bran, and reined up. "Now there's an ugly horse," he said of Hodor.

"Hodor's no horse," Bran said.

"Hodor," said Hodor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)