Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (38 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I think Varys left suddenly because he feared for his life when he realized the bells going off in the keep means Tywin is dead. That there would be enquiries and the mad Cersei would be out for blood.

It's one thing to sneak out Tyrion, the blame would on Jaime. But aiding a patricide, and head of Lannister no less, yeah he wanted to gtfo that mayhem.
I think it's foreshadowing...him leaving signifies the Lannisters decline. Think back to his conversation with Oberyn and how the iron throne is his only desire.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Here's my theory about Drogon. Every time he was mentioned, it was almost always involved with him attacking children. With the way how the 3 eyed raven mentioned that Bran would learn how to fly, I think Drogon is looking for him to be his rider.

Sounds far fetched enough for you guys? :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Here's my theory about Drogon. Every time he was mentioned, it was almost always involved with him attacking children. With the way how the 3 eyed raven mentioned that Bran would learn how to fly, I think Drogon is looking for him to be his rider.

Sounds far fetched enough for you guys? :D
It was mentioned that the last time Drogon was spotted, he was over the black cliffs. Anyone know where that is situated, could give us a clue as to his intentions perhaps?

I'm very tempted at this point to start reading the books. Maybe pickup where this season left off?

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
If you haven't read the books... don't...

everyone says that if you like the series on TV you should keep on watching those... you'll enjoy them till the end (hopefully) and after that you can enjoy them even more by reading the books...

lots of people who read the books complain (like always) that the books were better than the series... so instead of enjoying the books and then complain you should enjoy GoT twice ;) (thats what i'm doing)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I get what you're saying, but ten months is too long to have to wait.

I think the thought of waiting that long outweighs the negatives of reading the books and then being slight discontent with the marginal differences between the two mediums.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I've read that the differences aren't that marginal anymore... plus i know what you're going through... I've waited 11 months for the last episodes of breaking bad.. frustrating times, but god damn worth it :p

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Yeah you're probably right, guess it's just the season finale hangover :D

Couple weeks and I'll probably have forgotten all about it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The three eyed raven man shouldve looked more grotesque.
He could.

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you're saying, but ten months is too long to have to wait.

I think the thought of waiting that long outweighs the negatives of reading the books and then being slight discontent with the marginal differences between the two mediums.
The differences aren't that big. Those that are a) aren't really important to the main plots, b) would have been really difficult to do for television, or c) were completely fabricated but make sense because they advance another story that is important to all the stories.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But surely for political purposes they cant look weak.
Who? The only Lannister that gave a shit about politics is dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)